• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Seigyoku

There are new Freemaker sets at Toy Fair and I am spazzing out because I WANT MORE FREEMAKERS.

Seriously that show is so damn funny.

Also everyone on the internet who decided to spoil that one interlude in Empire's End *thpppppppppttttttt*.

Teggy

I was shocked that Ziro the Hutt was brought back in Clone Wars
but then the writers did an even more amazing thing and killed that terrible character off.

His girlfriend sounded just like Huey, Duey and Luey, which was distracting.

If production of the young Han Solo movie seems to go smoothly I think it'll be interesting to see if there's a difference between how they handle the multimedia stuff for that and Rogue One. I was quite surprised we only got Catalyst before the cinematic release. Now the character novels are going to miss the home video release by a solid month and cut into the start of the marketing cycle for The Last Jedi. Kinda seems like with the reshoots 'n' stuff they just weren't able to get any extra stuff written in time. (I'm ignoring Inferno Squad - as a follow-on spin-off thing, it might never have come out earlier anyway.)

shingi70

Banned
If production of the young Han Solo movie seems to go smoothly I think it'll be interesting to see if there's a difference between how they handle the multimedia stuff for that and Rogue One. I was quite surprised we only got Catalyst before the cinematic release. Now the character novels are going to miss the home video release by a solid month and cut into the start of the marketing cycle for The Last Jedi. Kinda seems like with the reshoots 'n' stuff they just weren't able to get any extra stuff written in time. (I'm ignoring Inferno Squad - as a follow-on spin-off thing, it might never have come out earlier anyway.)

I think it was less waiting for reshoots and hedging their bets on the films reception. I'm curious what the Rouge One tie in comic would have been about.

I'm expecting Han Solo to get more merch and tie ins to Rouge One.

Something I noticed which is probably my be design Luke is the least fleshed it character of the main cast in the new canon. We have alot of him post a New hope, and we see him briefly after Return, but everything post Shattered Empire we have only gotten hand accounts of what he was up too.

kevin1025

Banned
How many will go see Guardians of the Galaxy this summer just to see the new trailer for the new Start Wars movie?

We'll be getting it at Celebration this year, right? Or is that still just rumor?

Even still, I'm excited for Guardian Vol. 2, and will be giddy as all hell when the trailer plays ahead of it. Loved seeing the Force Awakens trailers before IMAX movies throughout 2015.

We'll be getting it at Celebration this year, right? Or is that still just rumor?

Even still, I'm excited for Guardian Vol. 2, and will be giddy as all hell when the trailer plays ahead of it. Loved seeing the Force Awakens trailers before IMAX movies throughout 2015.
Not sure. That's just what I was told; new trailer for Guardians in a few weeks, new Star Wars trailer before Guardians.

How many will go see Guardians of the Galaxy this summer just to see the new trailer for the new Start Wars movie?

No trailers ever debut in cinemas these days. Guardians is out on the 28th April over here, I expect the Celebration teaser will be attached to it if it's shown at The Last Jedi panel on the 14th as expected.

I'll be watching Guardians anyway because the first was a blast.

I hope that's a WW release date and we don't have to wait two weeks longer than the US like last time.

sphagnum

Banned
Empire's End is out today. I was reading some posts on TFN about it and this one caught my eye. Seems to be a minor detail but it sets up the political situation for the 30 year gap in an interesting way.

"There are THREE independent powers mentioned. Just names, no members or sizes provided, but they are very interesting. The New Separatist Union, the Confederacy of Corporate Systems, and a pirate nation known as the Sovereign Latitudes!"

chaislip3

han-solo-cast-photo-1024x683.jpg

!!!

Kalentan

So just something I was wondering... When it comes to the Old Republic era (either Legends or what we know of Canon), would you say it takes more from the OT or the PT?

Kalentan

While I know some still hate the change I didn't know George said this:

...but upon release of the Special Edition DVD version of Return of the Jedi, Skywalker is in his twenties just before his fall to the dark side. George Lucas stated that redeemed Jedi would revert as a Force ghost in their pre-fall form.

From the wiki. I know many will say it's just a BS explanation but I didn't realize he even gave one.

Seigyoku

From the wiki. I know many will say it's just a BS explanation but I didn't realize he even gave one.

Apparently he also figured kids would have seen the prequels and possibly watched the movies in chronological order and he wanted them to immediately recognize Anakin. FWIW.

In other news EMPIRE'S END ACQUIRED AND FINISHED. WHOO.

Haha, 50 pages in to Empire's End, and it's the new canon debut of..... [EMPIRE'S END SPOILER]
Lumpy! You know, Chewie's son, first seen in the Holiday Special.

Seigyoku

Thoughts? Better than Life Debt?

I think Life Debt may be the strongest of the three books, since this one has a LOT of ground to cover, and at this point it is hard to say if I'm just immune to Wendig's prose, because I really didn't have any of the problems I had reading the original Aftermath. Loved pretty much every Interlude, and am still ticked I was spoiled for that ONE, which I found to be a pretty tragic one.

The one thing I Did Not Want to Happen, didn't, so I don't have to set Wendig on fire. :D

The Mission Comes Home: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Arrives Soon on Digital HD and Blu-ray
Get full details on the home release of the first Star Wars stand-alone film, including bonus features, box art, and retailer exclusives.

RETAILER EXCLUSIVES

Target Exclusive: 5-disc set includes collectible packaging with interchangeable character covers and exclusive bonus content (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + DVD exclusive content – 2 additional bonus features + Digital HD + collectible packaging)
rGmeRpD.jpg

Best Buy Exclusive: 4-disc set with exclusive SteelBook packaging (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + SteelBook packaging)
bKnZSEm.jpg

Walmart Exclusive: 3-disc set with exclusive K-2SO packaging and two Galactic Connexions trading discs (two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + K-2SO packaging + two Galactic Connexions trading discs)
JfFWZMo.jpg
BONUS FEATURES

-A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
-Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
-Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
-K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
-Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
-Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
-The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
-Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
-The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes­ – back to the screen.
-Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
-Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.

Target edition for me. It sucks that only Target and Best Buy are selling the 3D edition, but it's a much better alternative than waiting for a second release (like TFA). Though, I practically buy all my movies at Target, so no big deal.

Y'know i really hope that woody harrelson is the mentor guy like they've said but towards the end he does this heroic sacrifice thing and everyone is sure he's dead but he miraculously survives but with brain damage, he than has this transformation scene like the vader/Anakin thing at the end of ROTS and is revealed as the mighty lobot.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Y'know i really hope that woody harrelson is the mentor guy like they've said but towards the end he does this heroic sacrifice thing and everyone is sure he's dead but he miraculously survives but with brain damage, he than has this transformation scene like the vader/Anakin thing at the end of ROTS and is revealed as the mighty lobot.
We have seen this already in the Comics

I think once again ill just be getting the standard bluray set. They always seem to be the most traditional without any gimmicky packaging. It also looks the best, just like with the Force Awakens.

I'm rewatching the final Clone Wars arc.
Liam Neeson has the most calming voice and the Dagobah scenes are so good.
Maaaaaybe spoiler that. I don't know. When I first watched Clone Wars a few months back I had never heard he was in it, so it was a really cool surprise and I imagine there may still be some folks around who haven't watched it yet. But I could be worrying too much. :p

But yeah, that whole arc was great. Loved it.

Maaaaaybe spoiler that. I don't know. When I first watched Clone Wars a few months back I had never heard he was in it, so it was a really cool surprise and I imagine there may still be some folks around who haven't watched it yet. But I could be worrying too much. :p

But yeah, that whole arc was great. Loved it.
I can see what you mean but it's been three years. TFA and Rogue One spoilers have been fair game in here for a while.

sphagnum

Banned
Should be getting my copy tomorrow. It came out today here but no sign of it.

I wish the whole book was Sloane and Rax. TBH my eyes kind of glaze over during some of the heroes' chapters when legacy characters like Han/Leia/Mon/Ackbar aren't involved but that's been an issue for me with the whole trilogy.

All the Imperial stuff is pretty good though!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Looks like we dodged a bullet with Netflix.

It doesn't appear that Clone Wars is leaving Netflix. So either the rumor was bogus or else someone made a deal to keep it before it left.

It doesn't appear that Clone Wars is leaving Netflix. So either the rumor was bogus or else someone made a deal to keep it before it left.
You sure? I know the list for March came out today, but I'm on Netflix right now and at the bottom it still says it's being removed March 7th

And what's your guy's take on the original cuts of the OT being rereleased for the 40th anniversary? Think it'll finally happen?

Teggy

If you watch episodes it literally pops up a message that it is leaving March 7.

Top Bottom