• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Just got round to reading Star Wars #29. This arc has been really weird. Probably the weirdest part of the new canon thus far. Karbin and space whales have nothing on this.

Trying to finish my Clone Wars chronological binge before it gets taken off Netflix, shit's good, but a little less nuanced than I remembered. Like, in my head, I'd totally erased the stuff about Krell wanting to join the Seperatists, because it just works soooo much better if it was more about incompetence and, well, clone-ism than conventional traitor stuff. Still, really great, and gorgeous too.

I gotta get caught up on Rebels at some point.

Teggy

Trying to finish my Clone Wars chronological binge before it gets taken off Netflix, shit's good, but a little less nuanced than I remembered. Like, in my head, I'd totally erased the stuff about Krell wanting to join the Seperatists, because it just works soooo much better if it was more about incompetence and, well, clone-ism than conventional traitor stuff. Still, really great, and gorgeous too.

I gotta get caught up on Rebels at some point.

That first Krell episode stood out to me as particularly impressive visually. There's an FPS view at one point, too - seemed like they wanted to get really creative with the action for that arc.

That first Krell episode stood out to me as particularly impressive visually. There's an FPS view at one point, too - seemed like they wanted to get really creative with the action for that arc.

Oh, that whole arc was just gorgeous. Something about the lighting they use just benefits enormously from a little bit of fog in the air, and with Krell it's an effect amplified by just how *strange* a lot of that lighting is.

I just wish it had turned out to be a Star Wars take on Vietnam where a commander's prejudices and preconceptions ultimately lead to his men turning on him for the good of the unit instead of what it ultimately turned into.

C6VkxDBVAAAaipe.jpg

All the mysteries are solved now. WHEW.

I think The Last Jedi panel is the only event with a confirmed time slot so far. They'll release a full timetable closer to the time like the previous years.

I think the 40th Anniversary panel is the first panel of the con, isn't it?

Also, in somewhat related news, as David W. Collins is hosting one of the stages: I'm thinking Star Wars Oxygen is either on an unnanounced hiatus or Mr. Collins has decided being associated with Rebel Force Radio isn't worth it anymore.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that announcement.

Also, in somewhat related news, as David W. Collins is hosting one of the stages: I'm thinking Star Wars Oxygen is either on an unnanounced hiatus or Mr. Collins has decided being associated with Rebel Force Radio isn't worth it anymore.

Probably best to distance himself from them.

Malyse

The Rogue One novelization is fantastic. Galen played the fuck out of the Empire. Like, the manipulation of how he got those vents installed through overtaxing bureaucratic red tape is just fantastic.

Probably best to distance himself from them.

I think so.

I just hope at some point he lands somewhere else. I can see him doing a larger-scaled film & video game score show, not just confined to Star Wars.

but yeah, it's probably better for him to not have their stink on him, and it's better for us that he doesn't lend them any more legitimacy than they deserve. Which is none.

Unless I missed something, I think I've found a timeline discrepancy between Lost Stars and Empire's End.

In LS, it is specifically stated that the Battle of Jakku takes place slightly more than one year after Endor, because Thane is still following Jelucani tradition and mourning for Ciena. In Empire's End, Ben is born the same day that the Galactic Concordance is signed after the battle. It is also specifically stated that Ben was conceived on Endor . So unless Thane was counting in Jelucani years and they differ from the galactic standard or unless Han and Leia took a trip back to Endor for some reason or unless humans take longer than 9 months to gestate in SW, there's a three month gap.

Just finished EE, and if it helps,
it DOES say that the Battle of Jakku actually lasts for months, well after the Galactic Concordance is signed. After the Ravager hits the ground the galactic party begins, but in reality the fighting against small pockets of holdouts goes on for months.
. Maybe that fixes it kinda?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/these-are-probably-lukes-first-words-in-the-last-jedi-1793086672

There's still no trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi but Disney Shareholders got to see the first public footage anywhere on Wednesday and, in it, Luke Skywalker finally spoke.

The footage apparently started as a joke, with Rey physically handing Luke the lightsaber before cutting away, as if that was the only thing the shareholders were going to see. But then the preview started up again, and Luke Skywalker spoke to Rey. This will be almost certainly be in the first traile., but if you are a crazy spoiler-phobe, we'll be kind.

"Who Are You?"

Cue 47 websites dissecting what this means...

Surfinn

Thanks for this.

Also I think it's all but confirmed there's gunna be a trailer at Celebration at this point, if they're already showing off footage.

A quote from that page:

One last thing on the "Last Jedi" footage: We saw all sorts of settings -- mountains, oceans, forests, deserts. Look suitably epic, exotic.

YES. That last word is what I was hoping for.

Thanks for this.

Also I think it's all but confirmed there's gunna be a trailer at Celebration at this point, if they're already showing off footage.

A quote from that page:

One last thing on the "Last Jedi" footage: We saw all sorts of settings -- mountains, oceans, forests, deserts. Look suitably epic, exotic.

YES. That last word is what I was hoping for.

Yeah, the locations sound a lot more interesting and varied than what we got in TFA, especially after seeing a few of the set pics.

Surfinn

Yeah, the locations sound a lot more interesting and varied than what we got in TFA, especially after seeing a few of the set pics.

Which is what TFA desperately needed. I'm really glad to hear there's gunna be more variety in the locations/visuals. Very exciting times ahead..

Finished Empires End today. Didn't get any huge revelations like we all hoped but enough cool stuff to add to the lore bank. In the end, it was a pretty damn cool trilogy of books even after the shakey start of the first book. I really care about all these characters and hope to see them in more stuff. The great mystery is
what is out beyond the charted galaxy?

VulpX

I think so.

I just hope at some point he lands somewhere else. I can see him doing a larger-scaled film & video game score show, not just confined to Star Wars.

but yeah, it's probably better for him to not have their stink on him, and it's better for us that he doesn't lend them any more legitimacy than they deserve. Which is none.
What's wrong with them? RFR itself I mean.

I really enjoyed the Star Wars Oxygen shows, awesome insight into the music.

Is it canon? (I keep asking myself this whenever I see Star Wars kids books these days. They announced one called The Force Oversleeps on Twitter the other week and my only reaction was 'Is it CANON? I need to KNOW goddammit!')

The Jedi Academy series isn't canon so The Force Oversleeps isn't. Unfortunate as having a canon book with that name would be hilarious.

Join the Resistance is though.

VulpX

Damn... Yeah I listened to that episode with the Kathleen Kennedy question before that was edited out, and I also thought they were going way overboard.
I only started listening to their regular shows a couple of weeks ago, after I finished an Oxygen marathon last November and December.
Hmmm, maybe that explains their lack of guests and content these past few months. Well, their discussion episodes on Rebels are fun and insightful, primarily due to their guests.

To be honest though this probably won't make me stop listening, unless there are other good dedicated Star Wars podcasts. Any recommendations? I tried the Forcecast but didn't like it.

To be honest though this probably won't make me stop listening, unless there are other good dedicated Star Wars podcasts. Any recommendations? I tried the Forcecast but didn't like it.

There's a fuckin ton of em:

Star Wars Minute
Star Wars and Story
The Star Wars Report
Full of Sith
Brews & Blasters
Tosche Station
Star Wars 7x7
Coffee w/ Kenobi
Talk Star Wars
Now This is Podcasting

etc. etc. There really are a whole lot of other options. RoqooDepot posts a weekly roundup of shows and gives bite-size synopses of what got talked about. It makes it easier to test out new shows to see if you'll dig em. It's a pretty valuable resource.

VulpX

There's a fuckin ton of em:

Star Wars Minute
Star Wars and Story
The Star Wars Report
Full of Sith
Brews & Blasters
Tosche Station
Star Wars 7x7
Coffee w/ Kenobi
Talk Star Wars
Now This is Podcasting

etc. etc. There really are a whole lot of other options. RoqooDepot posts a weekly roundup of shows and gives bite-size synopses of what got talked about. It makes it easier to test out new shows to see if you'll dig em. It's a pretty valuable resource.
Awesome, thanks! I'll give these a try!

I think so.

I pretty much stopped listening to the main show long ago. I was only in for Star Wars Oxygen. I'm glad I stopped after seeing the things they've said since then. But the reason I stopped was that they came off as the worst types of fanboys (and Star Wars is easily my favorite franchise). They were always bashing Simon Pegg because he had the audacity to bash the Prequels and call himself a Star Wars fan. Then, what I think really pushed me away, was when they got angry at J.J. Abrams for admitting he made a mistake for not having Chewie embrace Leia at the end of TFA. They came up with a "head canon" as to why Chewie walked past her. When J.J. Abrams admitted it was an oversight, they said it made him look unprofessional and should have not said anything. I just didn't want to hear them anymore.

Top Bottom