• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

curb

Banned
I really think Clone Wars is the marker for potential third wave of Star Wars fans. There was the OT fans and their kids (like me), those that came in on the Prequels and then another post-Prequel group that cut their teeth on Clone Wars and maybe even Rebels. I'm sure the post-Prequelers would be the smallest group but it wouldn't surprise me if there are many new Star Wars fans that think of Rex and Ahsoka as being "Star Wars" more than Han and Luke.

Can we expect the first The Last Jedi trailer to be release this week?

E1SGQ2P.gif

Friday.

Anyone know the cheapest way to get a hotel and a ride in Florida? I still haven't received a response about the crew info from SWCO so just in case I'm thinking a bit late on this. Airplane shouldn't be an issue.

Or should I wait til the OT is made?

Anyone know the cheapest way to get a hotel and a ride in Florida? I still haven't received a response about the crew info from SWCO so just in case I'm thinking a bit late on this. Airplane shouldn't be an issue.

Or should I wait til the OT is made?

Hotel isn't gonna be easy or cheap this week in the area with Celebration and spring break. You'll probably be off Independence Blvd. if I had to guess to get a place. As for a ride, see if the hotel you get is offering a shuttle to the convention center, I know a lot of them do.

Hotel isn't gonna be easy or cheap this week in the area with Celebration and spring break. You'll probably be off Independence Blvd. if I had to guess to get a place. As for a ride, see if the hotel you get is offering a shuttle to the convention center, I know a lot of them do.
Yeah I blame myself for this. For some reason I completely thought that being a crew member would be all expense paid with hotel and flight. That's how delusional I am haha.

I just need a cheap enough hotel even with Spring Break and stuff. Transportation will hopefully be a shuttle like you said.

This is gonna be rough. If I can't plan it correctly than I can't go.

Meowster

Meeting both Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen - Luke and Anakin Skywalker - is a dream of mine. So jealous to everyone that is going. Have a blast for me.

marq_roq

Neo Member
Today and tomorrow for work and then I'm headed back to my hometown for Celebration! Got my ticket to meet Luke and am so pumped!

Anyone else here doing overnights?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I really think Clone Wars is the marker for potential third wave of Star Wars fans. There was the OT fans and their kids (like me), those that came in on the Prequels and then another post-Prequel group that cut their teeth on Clone Wars and maybe even Rebels. I'm sure the post-Prequelers would be the smallest group but it wouldn't surprise me if there are many new Star Wars fans that think of Rex and Ahsoka as being "Star Wars" more than Han and Luke.

wrong

the X-Wing and TIE Fighter PC games are the marker for the second wave of Star Wars fans

I barely cared about the series before I played those as a kid.

marq_roq

Neo Member
I'm probably heading over between 8-9 from the Hilton. I don't really plan on sleeping in line so this'll certainly be an interesting experience lol

inb4 "RIP Haloid"

I'm gonna try and get some sleep in line but not holding my breath. 48+ hours straight could be trying but I had a kid recently and he didn't sleep through the night the first year so how bad could it be... lol

Jacce

Banned
wrong

the X-Wing and TIE Fighter PC games are the marker for the second wave of Star Wars fans

I barely cared about the series before I played those as a kid.

Nah, they were nowhere near popular enough on their own especially with the niche nature of PC gaming in the 90s. The Zahn novels/Shadows of the Empire EU era was about 10000x bigger impact wise on the fanbase. 90's Star Wars expanded media was pretty much defined by Zahn's Thrawn Novels and Shadows of the Empire.

If you had to pick 5 things that defined the 90's Star Wars era before TPM's release in '99 it would be without a doubt:

1. The Special Edition releases in 1997
swseb-d.jpg

2. The 1995 relaunch with the revived action figure toy line and "faces" VHS re-releases.
starwarsthxvhs.jpg

41y0fl9lnAL.jpg

3. Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy in 1991-1993
thrawn-trilogy.jpg

4. Shadows of the Empire multi-media project in 1996
48397505.cached.jpg

5. Dark Empire comic series in 1991-1992
star-wars-dark-empire-dark-horse.jpg

I'm gonna try and get some sleep in line but not holding my breath. 48+ hours straight could be trying but I had a kid recently and he didn't sleep through the night the first year so how bad could it be... lol

I mean I plan on going back to my hotel at like 5 PM Thursday to sleep for like three hours before heading back out. Power nap through the pain.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So the Trooper with the blue label is a 90s thing? I have seen this now a couple of times on different products and always wondered where it came from since none of the movie troopers have these kinds of label.

And guys, hold your butts. There is a KOTOR rumor :p

Everyone at work has asked me today what you do at a convention for four days. It is at these times I'm reminded that the Internet has normalized how nerdy this still is.

So the Trooper with the blue label is a 90s thing? I have seen this now a couple of times on different products and always wondered where it came from since none of the movie troopers have these kinds of label.
This?
Star_Wars_Stormtrooper_Commander_Helmet_00_grande.jpg

Just saw it for the first time a few days ago. Apparently they are Stormtrooper Commanders, which I didn't know existed so... I'm guessing they're part of the EU Legends?
And guys, hold your butts. There is a KOTOR rumor :p
Wait what

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not the big blue line, the small stripes on the check. I have Lego Minifigs with these and the Visual Guide to Star Wars

512DJyJIBeL._SX416_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Never seen these before and I always hate when they do stuff like this^^

Seigyoku

Everyone at work has asked me today what you do at a convention for four days. It is at these times I'm reminded that the Internet has normalized how nerdy this still is.

If it makes you feel better I shall tell you this tale of long ago. IE yesterday, in Dallas Suburbia, at a nail salon...

So I'm operating on less than 1.5 hours of sleep due to another bout of insomnia when I go to my local nail place to get my nails done for Celebration (light side/dark side theme but just with colors.) I am spacing out big time, poor woman doing my pedicure has to tell me everything three times. Next to me are three women who I'm gonna guess range from early 30s to early 50s, who are all there together getting mani/pedis. Mostly they seem to be talking about family and I'm not really paying attention. At one point there is a whole discussion about how early to get to airports and the need for Starbucks beforehand. Whatever, at least my toenails won't kill anyone anymore.

Then one woman "And HE wants to see Rogue One but I've seen it TWICE!" Stuff I can't make out. "Yeah and A New Hope. " "Wait at home or at *can't make out*" "Well I told him whatever, I'm going to be in bed by 9 PM." So I'm like why are they suddenly talking about Star Wars, but then my own mother turns up which confuses everyone working there since she turned down sitting in a massage chair and eventually I hear. "But I told him 'It's going to be streaming SOMEWHERE at the convention." Okay, this is somewhat suspicious. But I don't make out most of the rest of the conversation because see above, lack of sleep, until I catch from the third woman "Yeah I know I've been feeling under the weather, but I typically can power through when I'm at the parks."

SO.

In conclusion, these three women, and their SOs were apparently heading off to Celebration and WDW. And getting their nails done at the same time as me. Nerds can be anywhere?????????

Have fun to all of those going to Celebration. It was the idea to be my wife and I's vacation this year until we learned we were expecting this June. Have a blast!

This?
Star_Wars_Stormtrooper_Commander_Helmet_00_grande.jpg

Just saw it for the first time a few days ago. Apparently they are Stormtrooper Commanders, which I didn't know existed so... I'm guessing they're part of the EU Legends?

That Stormtrooper design is from The Force Unleashed, there was an exclusive GameStop figure released of it to coincide with the game way back when.

If it makes you feel better I shall tell you this tale of long ago. IE yesterday, in Dallas Suburbia, at a nail salon...

So I'm operating on less than 1.5 hours of sleep due to another bout of insomnia when I go to my local nail place to get my nails done for Celebration (light side/dark side theme but just with colors.) I am spacing out big time, poor woman doing my pedicure has to tell me everything three times. Next to me are three women who I'm gonna guess range from early 30s to early 50s, who are all there together getting mani/pedis. Mostly they seem to be talking about family and I'm not really paying attention. At one point there is a whole discussion about how early to get to airports and the need for Starbucks beforehand. Whatever, at least my toenails won't kill anyone anymore.

Then one woman "And HE wants to see Rogue One but I've seen it TWICE!" Stuff I can't make out. "Yeah and A New Hope. " "Wait at home or at *can't make out*" "Well I told him whatever, I'm going to be in bed by 9 PM." So I'm like why are they suddenly talking about Star Wars, but then my own mother turns up which confuses everyone working there since she turned down sitting in a massage chair and eventually I hear. "But I told him 'It's going to be streaming SOMEWHERE at the convention." Okay, this is somewhat suspicious. But I don't make out most of the rest of the conversation because see above, lack of sleep, until I catch from the third woman "Yeah I know I've been feeling under the weather, but I typically can power through when I'm at the parks."

SO.

In conclusion, these three women, and their SOs were apparently heading off to Celebration and WDW. And getting their nails done at the same time as me. Nerds can be anywhere?????????

I mean I'm going to a place of 40,000 like minded people I know they're everywhere it's just you come to realize how conventions work isn't just an every day thing, like going to Disneyland or Universal over in Orlando.

Top Bottom