• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Oh man that last Star Wars show was really hyping the 40th Anniversary panel. I know they hype everything but it's really working on me. My top announcement would definitely be a proper Blu-Ray release of the OT, does anyone have any crazy stuff they want announced?

TheXbox

Oh man that last Star Wars show was really hyping the 40th Anniversary panel. I know they hype everything but it's really working on me. My top announcement would definitely be a proper Blu-Ray release of the OT, does anyone have any crazy stuff they want announced?
Obi Wan movie. If they're bringing Hayden, they'll bring Ewan. And if they bring Ewan, they HAVE to announce the Obi Wan film.

You won't get a theatrical Bluray. It's been debunked at this point.

Surfinn

Obi Wan movie. If they're bringing Hayden, they'll bring Ewan. And if they bring Ewan, they HAVE to announce the Obi Wan film.

It hasn't been "debunked". There's just not been an announcement yet. It could very well happen sometime in the future if they want it.

And I don't think they're about to announce ANOTHER SW film when they've already got two in full swing. But ya never know.

TheXbox

It hasn't been "debunked". There's just not been an announcement yet. It could very well happen sometime in the future if they want it.

And I don't think they're about to announce ANOTHER SW film when they've already got two in full swing. But ya never know.
We had a long discussion about this maybe a month ago? Rumors heated up again and Pablo has all but outright dismissed them. Also some Fox execs inadvertently confirmed that no theatrical cuts exist and no deal has been made. I'm paraphrasing, missing a couple details, but the big takeaway was that they're not happening. Not as of last month, at least. I'll try to dig that thread up again.

Edit: and by debunked I meant the last round of rumors, which were debunked. They may still happen someday. Nothing is stopping them.

edit 2: Thread. Defer all complaints of dream-crushing to Bobby Roberts

Surfinn

We had a long discussion about this maybe a month ago? Rumors heated up again and Pablo has all but outright dismissed them. Also some Fox execs inadvertently confirmed that no theatrical cuts exist and no deal has been made. I'm paraphrasing, missing a couple details, but the big takeaway was that they're not happening. Not as of last month, at least. I'll try to dig that thread up again.

Edit: and by debunked I meant the last round of rumors, which were debunked. They may still happen someday. Nothing is stopping them.

Oh. Well I agree with your edit.

Yeah there were rumors that were shot down during that time. The wait continues..

This is the original statement that I don't agree with at all. "Only a Sith Deals in absolutes!" lol

TheXbox

As for the Obi Wan thing, the Han Solo film was announced under the same circumstances, right? They acknowledged a second standalone ages and ages ago (2013, I think), and then they actually confirmed it would be about Han Solo before TFA was even released. The third standalone is indeed several years off, but remember that we knew we were getting a Han Solo movie in 2015.

As for the Obi Wan thing, the Han Solo film was announced under the same circumstances, right? They acknowledged a second standalone ages and ages ago (2013, I think), and then they actually confirmed it would be about Han Solo before TFA was even released. The third standalone is indeed several years off, but remember that we knew we were getting a Han Solo movie in 2015.

The Boba Fett spin-off was all set to be announced at Celebration 2015 as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The third one was a Seven Samurai movie by Zack Snyder but that is not going to happen anymore since he signed a contract with Warner while filming BvS.
Disney dogded a bullet there.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
"Why is your neck wet?"
"I don't want to relive it."
"They got this sick blouse. On sale."

GZNl7L.gif

Hayden Christensen got more tickets for autographs and photo ops posted, grabbed a photo op ticket. Dude hasn't been to one of these in so long and I don't know if he'd be here if it wasn't the 40th so I like the novelty of it. Still praying I stumble upon a canceled Felicity ticket on their site. She's the one I really regret missing.

Malyse

How the hell do you get Acker and Blacker to write a Star Wars book and *not* do an audiobook for it? That be like hiring a world famous opera singer for your musical and not letting them sing.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...-celebrates-40-years-of-a-galaxy-far-far-away

In celebration of Star Wars’ 40th anniversary, Del Rey is going to shine the spotlight on those unsung weirdos, heroes, and villains with a unique, new anthology. Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View, coming October 2017, will bring together more than 40 authors for 40 stories. Each will be told from the perspective of background characters of A New Hope — from X-wing pilots who helped Luke destroy the Death Star to the stormtroopers who never quite could find the droids they were looking for. There’s never been a Star Wars book like it, and you can get a first look at the cover below!

from-a-certain-point-of-view-cover-760x1024.jpg

The author lineup is a selection of Star Wars all-stars, many of whom have been teasing this announcement with #OperationBlueMilk on Twitter. (Which would be an amazing hashtag, with or without this book.) The current list, with more authors to be announced closer to publication, includes:

• Ben Acker & Ben Blacker
  • Renee Ahdieh
  • Tom Angleberger
  • Meg Cabot
  • Rae Carson
  • Adam Christopher
  • Zoraida Cordova
  • Delilah S. Dawson
  • Paul Dini
  • Alexander Freed
  • Jason Fry
  • Christie Golden
  • EK Johnston & Ashley Eckstein
  • Paul Kemp
  • Mur Lafferty
  • Ken Liu
  • Griffin McElroy
  • John Jackson Miller
  • Nnedi Okorafor
  • Daniel José Older
  • Mallory Ortberg
  • Madeleine Roux
  • Gary D. Schmidt
  • Cavan Scott
  • Sabaa Tahir
  • Glen Weldon
  • Chuck Wendig
  • Gary Whitta
  • And more!

All participating authors have generously forgone any compensation for their stories. Instead, their proceeds will be donated to First Book — a leading nonprofit that provides new books, learning materials, and other essentials to educators and organizations serving children in need. To further celebrate the launch of this book and both companies’ longstanding relationships with First Book, Penguin Random House has donated $100,000 to First Book, and Disney/Lucasfilm has donated 100,000 children’s books — valued at 1 million dollars — to support First Book and their mission of providing educational resources to children in need. Over the past 16 years, Disney has donated more than 57 million books to First Book.

Jacce

Banned
she was alive 2 years before, not too far of a stretch

They are not going to answer the did she die or didn't she Rebels cliff-hanger with a short story in a short story collection.

Not to mention this is all about background characters who appeared in A New Hope. She was not in A New Hope.

iosefe

They are not going to answer the did she die or didn't she Rebels cliff-hanger with a short story in a short story collection.

Not to mention this is all about background characters who appeared in A New Hope. She was not in A New Hope.

true. it would be on Filoni to confirm.

and whoops, forgot that ANH caveat

Any other theories about who is writing what?

My guess for Claudia Gray is Jude from Lost Stars on the Death Star. Though if they mean background characters that only appeared in the film, I guess that rules that out.

Jacce

Banned
Any other theories about who is writing what?

My guess for Claudia Gray is Jude from Lost Stars on the Death Star. Though if they mean background characters that only appeared in the film, I guess that rules that out.

Press release makes it pretty clear its background characters who were in A New Hope. So like random storm troopers, catina characters, x-wing pilots, etc.

That book sounds really cool is it confirmed to be canon as well? Paul Dini hype.

On a side note does anyone have the timetable for the streamed celebration stuff for UK/ROI times?

That book sounds really cool is it confirmed to be canon as well? Paul Dini hype.

On a side note does anyone have the timetable for the streamed celebration stuff for UK/ROI times?

All the books are canon these days apart from the ones aimed at very young readers.

I've converted the times, they'll be in the OT.

In the end, I don't think it will matter. The background characters of ANH shouldn't be directly influencing future films anyway. At least I hope so. I'll call it canon for storytelling purposes.

curb

Banned
I wish I felt like those of us outside Celebration will get to see a trailer. My cynical side is expecting a trailer for attendees only and a sizzle video for us commoners.

Surfinn

I wish I felt like those of us outside Celebration will get to see a trailer. My cynical side is expecting a trailer for attendees only and a sizzle video for us commoners.

I would be pretty shocked if they didn't put it up on YT the moment it goes live at the show.

No fucking way. There will be bootlegs and riots if they don't release something.

curb

Banned
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but wasn't it just last year that there was a Rogue One sizzle real type thing that we all got but we had to wait for the trailer?

Top Bottom