• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothless

I have no idea, but the thing is this guy always sees movies early. Like he saw Mockingjay, Spectre, and Jurassic World like two weeks prior to release, so I believe him.

C-Drive gets it. The review is super hype.

What was his review for Jurassic World? Cant get overhyped yet.

chaislip3

Think he thought it was entertaining with a lot of issues on initial watch. Star Wars review is much more positive than that one.

Well, that's pretty much what I thought of JW too. And his ranking of the Star Wars movies is the same as mine. Am...am I the guy on the box office forums?

Ashhong

I have no idea, but the thing is this guy always sees movies early. Like he saw Mockingjay, Spectre, and Jurassic World like two weeks prior to release, so I believe him.

C-Drive gets it. The review is super hype.

Welp, now my hype is through the roof. I am curious as to how he saw it though, since he mentions it was with a crowd and some surveys were passed out

ezekial45

Banned
The crowd will be obnoxious :( I can a really imagine the hooting and hollering that'll occur when the title screen comes up, and when old characters should up.

That's a part of the fun! Sure, people can be jerks by talking over the movie excessively, but clapping, cheering, hooting and hollering is a part of the fun. Especially if everyone there is enjoying themselves. Watching movies in the theater is a communal and shared experience, so people should be able to express themselves -- respectfully, of course.

If you want silence, wait till it's on home video.

TheXbox

I'm not sure what about the film struck him besides the Star Wars parts of Star Wars? Like, "oh, boy, it's got the main theme, it's a Star Wars movie! It's got Han Solo!" Okay, I got that. What about the movie? I guess he doesn't want to touch on the story at all, idk. I love my X-wings and I love Harrison, but this movie needs more than that.

The thing that actually stuck out to me was his tepid reaction to the cinematography, because besides the whole "OMG IT'S STAR WARS" stuff the photography has been the most impressive aspect of all the trailers. Straight up David Lean shit. The shot with the downed Star Destroyer in the distance is already iconic, and there are so many little touches and shots that have blown me away. Visually, audio-wise, this movie is fucking golden.

But what about the story?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Looks like we'll be seeing it opening weekend after all.

After some back and forth with my family, I finally bought the tickets for Sunday, December 20th, at the Regal LA Live theater. My sister and her kids will come and visit me and my wife on Friday, and we'll marathon Empire and Jedi prior to TFA.

Very much looking forward to it!

Guess who has a 70mm 2D IMAX version of The Force Awakens in his city (Indianapolis)?

THIS GUY

Nice, which showing? I just did the same thing for Indy. 10AM Friday. I had tickets to the Studio Movie Grill on 86th St for Thursday night, but I've never been there so I wasn't sure how the presentation would be. Plus it's a theater that has waiter service so I didn't want that to be a distraction.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

people in LA and SF have seen it, lots of folks even.

If you're high up in Disney, Bad Robot, or Lucasfilm it'd be fairly simple. Possibly prominent friends/movie industry folks, prominent reporters etc.

Most of the folks who have seen it are sworn to secrecy though and you won't find them tweeting about it, but it's been seen.

The floodgates really will open Monday night.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I need a pair of those 3D glasses in the OP. Hope places in Australia are giving them away at the screening.

Nice, which showing? I just did the same thing for Indy. 10AM Friday. I had tickets to the Studio Movie Grill on 86th St for Thursday night, but I've never been there so I wasn't sure how the presentation would be. Plus it's a theater that has waiter service so I didn't want that to be a distraction.
Haven't decided yet. Not opening weekend because the seats available looked crummy. I'll either do Monday morning, Tuesday at 7 or both, if I can convince my wife to let me lol.

Never been to the Studio Grill though I've been to a similar style of theater before. Not really my cup of tea either.

That's a part of the fun! Sure, people can be jerks by talking over the movie excessively, but clapping, cheering, hooting and hollering is a part of the fun. Especially if everyone there is enjoying themselves. Watching movies in the theater is a communal and shared experience, so people should be able to express themselves -- respectfully, of course.

If you want silence, wait till it's on home video.

This is why usually go to matinees during the week for big releases. There is nothing worse than seeing a movie with a group that thinks they are providing part of the soundtrack. Luckily the newer theaters with assigned leather seats and food have less of the hoot and holler crowd.

Any info on what certain theaters will be doing opening night? Posters and the ish.

Like does this:
Star Wars Saturdays: Each Saturday, from December 19 to January 9, at Regal theatres the first 500 guests who experience Star Wars: The Force Awakens in IMAX will receive a collectable ticket featuring unique Star Wars: The Force Awakens art. New art will be revealed each week.
not apply for opening night? That's crazy if so

I was going to wait a couple of weeks to see it thinking I'd never get a ticket and the crowds, but seeing as how it will be next to impossible to avoid being spoiled when it releases, I gave in, I was surprised to see how easy tickets were to get, but I just went with the generic experience and no imax. Man, it's been a bitch of a time avoiding spoilers...just need to make it 1 more week haha

LXL9nx.gif

Were they projecting the movie on a runway?

Haven't decided yet. Not opening weekend because the seats available looked crummy. I'll either do Monday morning, Tuesday at 7 or both, if I can convince my wife to let me lol.

Never been to the Studio Grill though I've been to a similar style of theater before. Not really my cup of tea either.

Have you been to the IMAX at the State Museum before? How good is the experience?

Ashhong

I've never been to reserved seating showings before. Can I literally walk in 5 minutes before, or even during the movie and get my seat? Is there a time u have to be there by? If someone's sitting in my seat do I just tell them to get the fuck out?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I've never been to reserved seating showings before. Can I literally walk in 5 minutes before, or even during the movie and get my seat? Is there a time u have to be there by? If someone's sitting in my seat do I just tell them to get the fuck out?

5 minutes before, as it's starting, during, whatever

And yes, you can throw them off your seat, just make sure you are right first

3N16MA

Banned

You bought the seat and it's yours for the entire showing.

I'm about to head to the marathon. God what have I done. I'm already tired.
Goddamn. Woke up at 2AM and got in line literally one minute before doors opened. Huge line ahead and I barely got in in time to get a surprisingly good seat. I lucked out. Yawned a few time throughout AToC. I'm quite surprised how fast the time is going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom