• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious to see how this movie is going to turn out. For me, it's going to be the acting that will either make or break this film.

Does anyone know if any on the spot script revisions were made in case the written dialogue wasn't working for the actors? I heard that in Empire, Harrison Ford was able to ad lib in scenes that did not work on paper.

To be clear, I don't think anyone is looking for mindblowing performances by the actors. No one ever said that the acting in OT was perfect, but what we got in the prequels was insultingly bad -- to the point where I actually felt bad for the actors.

Have tickets for 8:30PM on the 17th. Just a regular old theater.

Saw today that the Indiana State Museum IMAX has tickets available the 18th at 10AM. The 70MM print.

Can't decide if I want to be there opening night and around all of the hype and hooplah or if I'd rather see it first in IMAX.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just when I already started to emotionally accept my Dec. 18 evening ticket in downtown Vancouver, I decided to check what tickets were like for opening night in the next city...
7zSin1h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vuRjkFP.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

This is what my showing looks like now as well. Everything sold except the front couple of rows.

Prompto

Banned
Call the theater and see when they're allowing people to lineup because those Thursday 7pm showings without reserved seating will be kinda insane. 5 will probably be too late to get a decent seat.

Thanks, guess I'll do that. Luckily I have the day off so I should be able to get there as early as possible. Going to suck being in line for hours though.

Solid goalpost move, except you forget that he also has freewill.

He was Jango's unaltered clone and rasied as his son.

how the hell is that a goalpost move? he's still a clone, the free will part of it wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list of problems of that even if it was a problem

Maybe he couldn't get a clone with the other stuff without him having the Order 66 stuff.

it doesn't matter that he has that other stuff so much as that him being a clone in the first place is fucking dumb.

before this, all we knew of boba is that he's a shadowy badass bounty hunter. making him a clone just makes it so that there are literally thousands, if not millions, of him across the star wars galaxy, the only difference being that those aged at an accelerated rate and have long since entered old age. instead of this badass who takes out han solo when no other bounty hunter could and stands alongside vader like the boss he is, he's just some clone that managed to live longer. talk about character assassination.

Aselith

it doesn't matter that he has that other stuff so much as that him being a clone in the first place is fucking dumb.

before this, all we knew of boba is that he's a shadowy badass bounty hunter. making him a clone just makes it so that there are literally thousands, if not millions, of him across the star wars galaxy, the only difference being that those aged at a normal rate and have long since entered old age. instead of this badass who takes out han solo when no other bounty hunter could and stands up to vader like the boss he is, he's just some clone that managed to live longer. talk about character assassination.

By the time of the OT, the clones are probably mostly dead as the storm troopers aren't clones. It just makes him even more badass that he's the one that survived the war and rose to prominence as a bounty hunter. He didn't have Jango to teach him or protect him while he grew up.

By the time of the OT, the clones are probably mostly dead as the storm troopers aren't clones. It just makes him even more badass that he's the one that survived the war and rose to prominence as a bounty hunter. He didn't have Jango to teach him or protect him while he grew up.

it still takes away from who he is though. like, let's look at general grevious--in the old eu, his backstory was (iirc) that he was a general leading his people in a devastating war, before his transport is destroyed. dooku grabs him and turns him into a clone, and he leads the droid army to dozens of victories as a result. that's an unique story that adds to the character and makes them that much more badass. with boba, it's "remember that badass bounty hunter from ot that everybody fucking loved? well here he is as some clone kid. enjoy." it's just so underwhelming and doesn't help the character at all.

"just another clone" is not the same as "unaltered."

Pick your complaint and stick with it.

i don't even understand what you're mad about at this point. you talk about me moving goalposts even though i never did, and now you're jumping on semantics and saying that changes my complaint, when it's been the same throughout: boba being a clone, no matter if it's unaltered, altered, specially altered, whatever, is fucking stupid. like, i don't even know what to say to you because you just seem to be ignoring whatever i say. from the very beginning:

the other ones have been altered to be stronger, more fit, faster, etc.

him being unaltered just makes it that much more facepalmy.

which is me saying that him being unaltered makes it more facepalmy, but that still implies that it's facepalmy even without that being added on to the mess. if you're implying "he's not altered therefore he's different from other clones," a. you're not clear about that at all and b. no he's still a fucking clone, doesn't matter that he wasn't altered, he's still a fucking clone just like the rest of them.

He's not mad.

the language he used in his last post came across as somewhat angry to me. apologies if that's not the case.

i bought the ticket even though i have a final that day. either i'm taking that final early or i miss the prequels...
I'm in the exact same situation. Gonna take that shit early...my theater doesn't have arranged seating either :/

Thankfully my last final will be on Tuesday of next week now. I pray I don't show up to the theater at 4AM and everyone is already there. I love star wars...but not like that lol.

In this day and age of stadium seating multiplexes, are there really times where there isn't enough seats for blockbusters. I've never had trouble getting into a film on opening night in the past 20 years. I worked at a small 6 screen movie theater when Phantom Menace opened in 1999. We set aside 3 of them for the film and never filled to capacity. I know that this was the case in the early 1980's when theaters were much smaller, but not today. We have around a dozen multiplexes in my small neck of the woods and they're all 12-20 theaters each. Is this ever really a problem? Because everytime I've gone to a midnight opening, the films are usually half filled -- and oftentimes it's college kids and teenagers. How is it in bigger cities, cause I'm really curious.

It reminds me of when AAA games are released on shelves. None of the big chains where I live ever sell out of new titles when they're released. Even the highly anticipated ones.

He's not mad.

Yup. Perhaps I should have used more words to prove how not mad I am.

the language he used in his last post came across as somewhat angry to me. apologies if that's not the case.

Oh, could you highlight the "mad" words, please? It's a pretty short post, so I'm sure you can find them easily enough. :p

Point is, you made one claim.

I responded to that.

Then you changed your position.

So I pointed out that both complaints are kinda contradictory.

You don't have to pretend that I am mad. You could just ask questions or try re-reading the exchange.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
9 PM at my local theater. It can be insane for opening nights, but its never THAT insane. IE don't think you have to line up at like 5 for the 9 showing. Also don't expect to line up at say 8 and be good either though.

9 PM at my local theater. It can be insane for opening nights, but its never THAT insane. IE don't think you have to line up at like 5 for the 9 showing. Also don't expect to line up at say 8 and be good either though.

Unless it's a preview screening, I don't see why I should line up for a damn movie over an hour in advance anymore.

The rise of reserved seating must continue!

Is there an official page of info anywhere? Fandango is empty and can't remember where I read the details at

which theater did you book it at/are planning to book it at?

Oh, could you highlight the "mad" words, please? It's a pretty short post, so I'm sure you can find them easily enough. :p

I responded to that.

You don't have to pretend that I am mad. You could just ask questions or try re-reading the exchange.

it was the brevity of the post that made me think it was angry. something like if someone's angry they say a small amount of words quickly in an angry way. obviously i misread the statement. my complaint was always that boba being a clone no matter what is dumb. i never changed the claim, ever. all i ever said that it was dumb, and him being unaltered made it worse. i don't know how much clear i can make that...but as for moving goal posts, you're kind of doing that by focusing on the mad part of my statement, which is for the most part just superflous text.

which theater did you book it at/are planning to book it at?

it was the brevity of the post that made me think it was angry. something like if someone's angry they say a small amount of words quickly in an angry way. obviously i misread the statement. my complaint was always that boba being a clone no matter what is dumb. i never changed the claim, ever. all i ever said that it was dumb, and him being unaltered made it worse. i don't know how much clear i can make that...but as for moving goal posts, you're kind of doing that by focusing on the mad part of my statement, which is for the most part just superflous text.

"Just another" implies, intentionally or not, that he is one of a class of identical beings.

That he is literally not the same as the others, as stated explicitly in the text of the film, proves this to be false.

So, yeah, as you worded things, it was a goalpost move. If you did not mean that, then oh well. I guess use words better.

Also, me responding to you calling me mad is not a goalpost move. It is literally just responding to a false claim and nothing more.

"Just another" implies, intentionally or not, that he is one of a class of identical beings.

That he is literally not the same as the others, as stated explicitly in the text of the film, proves this to be false.

So, yeah, as you worded things, it was a goalpost move. If you did not mean that, then oh well. I guess use words better.

Also, me responding to you calling me mad is not a goalpost move. It is literally just responding to a false claim and nothing more.

you're just ignoring what i'm saying at this point. i don't know why i'm bothering to reply.

say you have twins, one of them goes to a private school, the other goes to a public high school. does that not make them twins? no, it doesn't. likewise, the only thing that "altering" boba would change is that he isn't as fit and he ages at a normal rate--how is that supposed to differentiate him enough to negate the fact that he's a clone? he's just another clone; whether or not he is "altered" changes nothing about that. like, even if you went in and changed literally everything about him--like, he is pulled straight from the artificial womb and is sent to the other side of the galaxy and he never has anything to do with the rest of the cloning procedure--he's still a clone. i haven't moved any goalposts, i've been clear and upfront about this from the very beginning--he's a clone, and nothing short of him not being a clone will fix that.

and, yeah, the whole thing about me reading your post as you being angry, you spent a large amount of that last post focusing on that, moving the discussion away from whether or not boba is a clone. i would call that moving goalposts.

lol, "a large amount."

I think perhaps it is you who might be mad. It would certainly explain your unwillingness to acknowledge that your initial wording meant something that you apparently did not intend. It's ok. Mistakes happen.

border

before this, all we knew of boba is that he's a shadowy badass bounty hunter. making him a clone just makes it so that there are literally thousands, if not millions, of him across the star wars galaxy, the only difference being that those aged at an accelerated rate and have long since entered old age. instead of this badass who takes out han solo when no other bounty hunter could and stands alongside vader like the boss he is, he's just some clone that managed to live longer. talk about character assassination.

Boba Fett is able to track Solo to Cloud City, and then calls in Uncle Vader to finish the job. I don't see what is particularly badass about that. He's an opportunist, but it's not like he singlehandedly took down the most-wanted smuggler in the galaxy.

Aselith

Boba Fett is able to track Solo to Cloud City, and then calls in Uncle Vader to finish the job. I don't see what is particularly badass about that. He's an opportunist, but it's not like he singlehandedly took down the most-wanted smuggler in the galaxy.

He's doing his job. He tracks down a target, calls the client and says "What do you want me to do with this guy?" Then, Vader says keep an eye on him and I'll come pick him up and he says alright and holds it down. He's the one who tracks people down in the movies which implies he's very good at what he does. There were a bunch of other top tier bounty hunters trying to do the same.

lol, "a large amount."

I think perhaps it is you who might be mad. It would certainly explain your unwillingness to acknowledge that your initial wording meant something that you apparently did not intend. It's ok. Mistakes happen.

you're just ignoring what i'm saying now and staying on that thowaway mad statement. i'm not even going to bother continuing this discussion with you if you aren't going to actually address the points i made.

and yes, 3/7 lines of the post focusing on something can be described as "a lot of that post focusing on a topic:"

I responded to that.

the mad thing was a simple misunderstanding, but you latched onto that as if it was a huge concern--if you're just going to move the goalposts to use that to undermine my argument rather than actually address it or strengthen your argument in a way that isn't just restating what you already said, then that speaks far more to how weak your argument actually is than anything i could say.

the way he's set up is where the badassery comes in, and not only that he has the gall to tell vader, the most formidable person in the galaxy behind the emperor, that he wants han solo for himself to fulfill his own bounty. that alone shows how much of a fucking badass he is.

Loomba

For those seeing in theaters that aren't reserved seating how early are you getting there?

Mine starts at 2pm, I was planning on getting there for 1pm? I mean people will be in work and school so I don't think I need to get there ridiculously early.

MBison

Probably around 4 or so for the 7pm. I'm bringing a Kindle and 3DS to entertain myself.

Yeah mine is at 7 pm also. My daughter gets out of school at 2 and we were going to head by there and see how long it is then. Best Buy and target are nearby so we can pass some time if need be.

Yeah mine is at 7 pm also. My daughter gets out of school at 2 and we were going to head by there and see how long it is then. Best Buy and target are nearby so we can pass some time if need be.

I'm flying solo and have a member's pass to get early seating, so as long as I get there a few hours early, I don't anticipate having much problem getting a decent seat.

But I've been wrong before.

"You guys are gonna love it. It's what you're waiting for" = Shade.

Was talking with people on twitter about this earlier. It's like people are so used to extracting pure negativity out of anything the man says that even when we're told "HE LIKED IT" and he tells you "YOU'LL LIKE IT" people try to find the raincloud in the silver lining.

The marathon I'm going to starts at 4 am. I bought four tickets for my dad,brother, and friend as Christmas gift. Right smack in the center of the viewing area. So glad they have reserved seating for this.

They didn't have a schedule of films/breaks when I checked though.

Creator of series watches new movie in series, tells fans of said series they will like it

Like that is literally the most innocuous thing he could've said, and people are trying to shit on it

Tldr; Twitter is hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom