• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're actually in luck. The Indiana State Museum is one of only 20 theaters receiving 70mm 2D IMAX prints. I live in Northwest Indiana but I hope to take the three hour trip someday in December and catch there.

No kidding? That's awesome. I bought tickets for the Studio Movie Grill on 86th St as it was the only theater on the 17th that still had reserved seating available. Not going to be able to convince my wife to line up super early. ;)

I might have to make plans to see it at the museum as well. I imagine they'll have it for a while.

jesu

I haven't booked tickets yet, just checking my local cinema times...
No one else has either.
I can sit any where I want Thursday night
Seems weird.

Wag

http://www.jordans.com/imax

I had no problems buying tickets for the 5pm show on Fri the 18th at my local real IMAX. Perhaps that's because they're an independent theater based in a Furniture store (no shitting you). Nice theater. Their sister location (the one about 1hr from me) they just remodeled into IMAX laser. Too bad it wasn't my local one. 😢

I don't think there's any way to watch it in IMAX 2D anywhere.

Only being released in IMAX 3D, RealD 3D, and conventional 2D IIRC

Yea I am not that knowledgeable about theaters, I avoid them like a plague. But all I wanna do is watch it on a giant screen without any stupid 3D glasses, I watched man of steel with those and everything was blurry as shit. Then I went conventional 2D for furry road which had no reservation seats and I got shitty end of the row seats. FFS.

edit: what Jstevenson said.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
For this movie in particular it's sad that there's not a single IMAX screen in my country. I'd have to drive to Holland to see this in IMAX. So yeah, opening night with regular 3D :(

NoRéN

I haven't booked tickets yet, just checking my local cinema times...
No one else has either.
I can sit any where I want Thursday night
Seems weird.

Maybe your town is tired of the Anti-White agenda and boycotting. #whitegenocide.

Got some tickets for a 10pm showing the following Monday. Figure not as many people will be in the theater, got reserved seats as well. Going to see it with my Dad :)

jesu

NoRéN;182893505 said:
Maybe your town is tired of the Anti-White agenda and boycotting. #whitegenocide.

You might be on to something, it really is a white area!

I checked again tonight, there has been 20 tickets booked for the midnight showing on Wednesday(all the fancy seats have gone)
I was the first person to book tickets for Saturday at 6pm.(got the fancy seats)

They are showing it 18 times a day(9 2D, 9 3D) for the first weekend, maybe that is why it is so easy to get tickets.

jett

D-Member
Got my tix for me and a buddy for a Dolby Atmos 2D showing! Not for midnight release here, cuz that's crazy, but for the 17th at 2PM which is still earlier than most of you. :p

wCDapUP.jpg

So far we're the only ones there. The later showings weren't full, but all the good seats were taken, so this is good enough.

Saw a guy on my twitter talk about seeing people scalping their opening night/opening day tickets online.

Which is ridiculous because most theaters still have seats for a screening on the 18th, and definitely still have seats for the 19th and 20th.

People seem to be in the headspace where (a) only opening weekend matters and (b) you can't possibly get in on opening weekend.

For as many pre-release tickets have been sold, this isn't true at all. But the rain of hype falling down has people believing opening weekend is just this locked up zoo of humanity bulging the cages. I do wonder if this will hurt walk-ups (a large, large majority of ticket buyers still) for the opening weekend.

I think experienced Star Wars fans will tell you that there is something special seeing Star Wars on opening night, at least for the opening scroll when the crowd usually cheers. After that, I guess it depends on the people in your area. I'll be seeing it in Irvine for the first time. I hope the people in Irvine aren't douches.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Saw a guy on my twitter talk about seeing people scalping their opening night/opening day tickets online.

Which is ridiculous because most theaters still have seats for a screening on the 18th, and definitely still have seats for the 19th and 20th.

People seem to be in the headspace where (a) only opening weekend matters and (b) you can't possibly get in on opening weekend.

For as many pre-release tickets have been sold, this isn't true at all. But the rain of hype falling down has people believing opening weekend is just this locked up zoo of humanity bulging the cages. I do wonder if this will hurt walk-ups (a large, large majority of ticket buyers still) for the opening weekend.

it's mainly opening night tickets in IMAX type venues. Specifically real IMAX screens given part of it was shot in IMAX.

You might be on to something, it really is a white area!

I checked again tonight, there has been 20 tickets booked for the midnight showing on Wednesday(all the fancy seats have gone)
I was the first person to book tickets for Saturday at 6pm.(got the fancy seats)

They are showing it 18 times a day(9 2D, 9 3D) for the first weekend, maybe that is why it is so easy to get tickets.

Pretty much, almost all theaters after selling out of most screenings have been continually adding more and more showings. Local big theater by my house since the night tickets have gone on sale have added about 3 times the amount of showings now.

it's mainly opening night tickets in IMAX type venues. .

Yeah, we know that. But I feel like not so many others actually know that. It's a more and more common sentiment for people to say "I want to see it, the ads look great, but there's NO WAY I'm gonna be able to watch it opening weekend."

Although to be fair, half of that seems to be a general expectation that Star Wars fans are going to act the fuckin' fool in the most insufferable of ways.

Which I can't necessarily blame them for.

Although to be fair, half of that seems to be a general expectation that Star Wars fans are going to act the fuckin' fool in the most insufferable of ways.

My general expectations are exactly that. Star Wars fans are welcome to provide opposing evidence (and they have), but they've got a vested interest in it. Not exactly the most impartial individuals.

I would love to see it opening weekend just for the atmosphere, but I'm not really interested in dealing with the nerds in Philly OR the nerds in Idaho.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Yeah, we know that. But I feel like not so many others actually know that. It's a more and more common sentiment for people to say "I want to see it, the ads look great, but there's NO WAY I'm gonna be able to watch it opening weekend."

yeah, I've said all along i think their biggest message they need to drive is there are tons of seats for opening weekend and you can see it just fine. Reserved good seats are plentiful as the weekend goes on.

They basically started with that message too the day after they put tickets on sale. I think it's getting through, but tough to be sure until the receipts come in.

yeah, I've said all along i think their biggest message they need to drive is there are tons of seats for opening weekend and you can see it just fine. Reserved good seats are plentiful as the weekend goes on.

They basically started with that message too the day after they put tickets on sale. I think it's getting through, but tough to be sure until the receipts come in.

It's at the point that theater chains are basically going 'HEY YO WE STILL HAVE A SHITLOAD OF TICKETS'

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Just when I already started to emotionally accept my Dec. 18 evening ticket in downtown Vancouver, I decided to check what tickets were like for opening night in the next city...
7zSin1h.jpg

vuRjkFP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom