• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been a movie that's sold out its opening tickets this early? I mean two months is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire opening week is sold out a month from now. Although I guess theaters would just add more showings.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
CanadaGAF, anyone know if online tickets are refundable in Cineplex?

Because Dec 17 tickets suddenly stopped being sold out and I want those instead

Luckily I managed to snag some tickets for Lincoln Square 13 on the Saturday with good seats. Only issue is that my sister will be irked at having to wake up to go see the 6AM showing. >_>

Simo

First poster revealed for AMC theaters:
12006606_10153074032332413_6647475913881569337_o.jpg

From December 20th to January 10th ticket buyers for TFA on IMAX will receive a poster print with a new one revealed and available each week during that time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is there a way to only capture the music from the trailer?

Simo

I dont understand. You only get the posters for Dec 20th and onward? So if we're going from the 17-19 we get nothing (good day sir)?

This explains it better. lol
Join us for Star Wars Sundays! Each Sunday, from December 20 to January 10, guests who purchase a ticket to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens in IMAX 3D will receive an AMC exclusive ‪#‎TheForceAwakens‬ print from artist Dan Mumford, while supplies last.

Basically if you see TFA every Sunday on IMAX from December 20th to January 10th you'll receive a limited poster. So you see it on the 20th and you get the Rey one. See it on the 27th and you get another, different poster and so on.

First poster revealed for AMC theaters:

From December 20th to January 10th ticket buyers for TFA on IMAX will receive a poster print with a new one revealed and available each week during that time.

You missed a really important piece of that info. Well, two actually. One, the free prints are only available on Sundays, and two, it's technically IMAX 3D showings only (though I don't know if there are actually any IMAX 2D showings).

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...sive-star-wars-the-force-awakens-imax-poster/

The exclusive posters are part of AMC’s “Star Wars Sundays” promotion: Each Sunday between Dec. 20 and Jan. 10, guests who purchase a ticket to see “The Force Awakens” in IMAX 3D will receive a free print.

Symphonic

I dont understand. You only get the posters for Dec 20th and onward? So if we're going from the 17-19 we get nothing (good day sir)?

Regal is doing something similar with the special tickets.

Wonder if there's something planned for the first 3 days and they just haven't revealed it yet. Would be pretty shitty to get gipped.

You missed a really important piece of that info. Well, two actually. One, the free prints are only available on Sundays, and two, it's technically IMAX 3D showings only (though I don't know if there are actually any IMAX 2D showings).

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...sive-star-wars-the-force-awakens-imax-poster/

There are no IMAX 2D showings.

There are no IMAX 2D showings.

So depressing, too. I have a few people in my group who get serious migraines from 3D, so that means no IMAX until I go see it on my own.

Oh well, will still be an incredible experience. Not like I won't be down to see it multiple times in theater anyway.

But I do hope against hope they put a non 3D IMAX version out, but I doubt it.

Symphonic

So depressing, too. I have a few people in my group who get serious migraines from 3D, so that means no IMAX until I go see it on my own.

Oh well, will still be an incredible experience. Not like I won't be down to see it multiple times in theater anyway.

But I do hope against hope they put a non 3D IMAX version out, but I doubt it.

Majority of IMAX nowadays is 3D. Seems pretty rare that there's 2D ones and they're usually in special cases like 70mm.

cacildo

Got my tickets to midnight of wednesday 16 to thursday 17

It was so easy. Got the best seats in my opinion, right in the middle.

I guess people over here in my city got the memo a little late. It went on sale yesterday like in the afternoon. I got my pair of tickets almost at night

Now... now there´s nothing.

v1lla21

Just got my tickets for Thursday night at 9:30pm :) I have a final that day so I'm going to book it from school to the theater lol.

War Eagle

Got 6 tickets for the top row with those leather recliners that Cinemark has in their big XD theater on Friday December 18th at 7pm. Work will be brutal that day!

Just got tickets to 7:00 IMAX in St. Augustine.

So fucking excited.

And also glad I got in before they were sold out. Now to make sure I'm off that day...

blAAAm

Banned
I was able to get 3 tickets to Cinemark(pre-assigned seats) IMAX 3D on the 17th for the midnight showing. We are going to marathon ep. 4-6 at work before hand.

Do we have opening weekend numbers already because of this? lol

There is no real incentive for Disney to release specific numbers until the actual opening weekend happens.

You might hear them release something about the movie breaking all pre-sale records or whatever but I would be shocked if they gave a specific number.

cacildo

Will watch the midnight preview from the night of the 16th to the - in Germany. I will feel so ahead!

And here i was all proud thinking i was watching it before everybody else. The time zones* differences will make you see it way earlier....

(im terrible with time zones, but i guess this is how it goes...)

Anth0ny

Has there ever been a movie that's sold out its opening tickets this early? I mean two months is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire opening week is sold out a month from now. Although I guess theaters would just add more showings.

the only other case I can think of was dark knight rises. they were sold out of my local imax for the midnight release 3 weeks in advance. I was able to get ultra AVX seats, though.

so, to answer your question, no. nothing comes close to this madness.

Majority of IMAX nowadays is 3D. Seems pretty rare that there's 2D ones and they're usually in special cases like 70mm.

I had a glimmer of hope yesterday, the theater I was hoping to get IMAX tickets for is currently showing Crimson Peak in non 3D IMAX, but I bet that is a boutique enough movie, and there isn't anything else out that would take the screen, that it is an outlier to the trend. Oh well, still gonna be worth it either way.

My local AMC theater has already put up more showings. Must have been recent as they're entirely empty. Most of the new showings were after 1230 though.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
How do people here feel about RPX (Regal Premium Experience) and RealD 3D? RealD 3D sounds like the type of experience I get playing my 3DS vs an object flying toward the screen in Avatar.

border

Aside from the 7PM LieMAX 3D, the AMC near me doesn't have any sold out shows. They have screenings starting almost every 15 minutes. Theatres will probably be working around the clock to service the volume.....there are already screenings starting as late as 2AM.

I think that anyone who wants to see the movie during the opening weekend will probably be able to do so without buying in advance. Now if you want a particular time of day or insist on an IMAX or XD screen, then you might be out of luck.

How do people here feel about RPX (Regal Premium Experience) and RealD 3D? RealD 3D sounds like the type of experience I get playing my 3DS vs an object flying toward the screen in Avatar.
I dunno about RPX, but I prefer RealD to Imax 3D - Imax glasses kind-of pinch your head and if you tilt your head the picture goes out of focus. RealD glasses are comfortable and doesn't do that tilt/blur thing, tilt your head and it stays in focus. The actual 3D effect when viewed perfectly seems the same between the two.

3N16MA

Banned
That's not true though, I have been refunded with online tickets before. I would go in and talk to them regarding it.

The fine print is true but I have never tried to refund online tickets. If you have had success then it would be a good bet for MMarston to try.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I actually wonder if this could all backfire and make people think it's impossible to go when it's not that bad if you don't care about the biggest/best screens

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I've done it. I've booked 4 tickets for the Imax at 10am on Sunday morning. I'm fucking stoked as fuck.

Got tickets for Saturday on Christmas weekend for Lincoln 13. I want to experience this movie in the best possible seats with the best possible screen and audio. I'll have to wait a week longer but the reserved seats and better A/V quality will be worth it.

Saw plenty of opening night and weekend tickets but I'm not ready to brave those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom