• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a kid in my high school we were all creeped out by who would go up to a girl and say stuff like "You make me feel like no one else, my princess" and when she'd laugh in his face he'd disappear to the bathroom to punch at the air and pace back and forth quoting Hayden with gems like "if you are not WITH ME, then you are MY ENENENRMY".

Never expected to see Star Wars make a character like that, though.

kurahador

old v revision

How I think I look.
ppYihpv.png
How I actually look.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Being complacent with the scar actually really bothers me.

We as viewers are supposed to be shocked and disturbed when a prominent character is physically disfigured. We are supposed to believe it will affect them, and become apart of their transformation.

Making it into the stupid generic eyebrow scar takes away from that scene's brilliance because it is no longer visceral. The consequence of losing to Rey is watered down.

I want it to be as blatant as the original presentation, because every time you look at Kylo, you should be reminded of the time he got his shit FUCKED UP. Instead now I will just forget it is even there.

I still can't believe they hired Rian Johnson of all people.
It still blows my mind. I remember talking to my buddy of dream directors for the series once Disney bought the rights. We both said Rian Johnson, but agreed they'd never hire him. At most, he'd get one of the standalone movies, and even that'd be a stretch.

Glad to have been wrong.

Emarv

I'd go with something like "I just meant Disney is legally in control. Period. Fact. End of discussion. Checkmate, Rian".

>Claims man is being controlled by corporation.

>Actual man says that's not the case.

WOW STAR WARS "FANS" CAN'T ACCEPT THAT I DON'T LIKE STAR WARS WOW WOW

I like how this isn't even exaggerating, it's actually understating it haha. Like 20 replies to that effect.

Yeah, a LOT of that dude's timeline looks super fuckin' familiar to me.

lol, thought the same thing scrolling through.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I still can't believe they hired Rian Johnson of all people.

We need someone who writes really tight and clever dialogue.
sEbGHDD.jpg

Yeah but we also need it to be funny and character driven.
2nn8rCbl.jpg

But we also need it to be sci-fi and have magical powers.
OrqH3lB.jpg

NS8PGwE.gif
NS8PGwE.gif
NS8PGwE.gif

It still blows my mind. I remember talking to my buddy of dream directors for the series once Disney bought the rights. We both said Rian Johnson, but agreed they'd never hire him. At most, he'd get one of the standalone movies, and even that'd be a stretch.

Glad to have been wrong.

I do think Kathy is legitimately invested in getting interesting directors. Even Trevorrow was the guy who did "Safety Not Guaranteed" at the time she had decided she wanted him.

Emarv

We need someone who writes really tight and clever dialogue.
sEbGHDD.jpg

Yeah but we also need it to be funny and character driven.
2nn8rCbl.jpg

But we also need it to be sci-fi and have magical powers.
OrqH3lB.jpg

Yeah, but can he come to an already established, great franchise and deliver the best entry it's ever done, in addition to deftly handling its characters' emotional and dramatic climaxes, as well as delivering on the action and bombast we were waiting for????

Oh wait.

Collapse.jpg

The 20 min Plinkett Twitter breakdown is coming

Hey, if someone could forward that to them, it'd be appreciated.

Would be nice to kick that crutch out from under em so they might, you know, take the movies at face value instead of trying to spot all the "corporate influence" like it's bad CGI (that most people are 50/50 on spotting as it is)

Yeah, but can he come to an already established, great franchise and deliver the best entry it's ever done, in addition to deftly handling its characters' emotional and dramatic climaxes, as well as delivering on the action and bombast we were waiting for????

Oh wait.

daaaaAAAAAAMNNN

The 20 min Plinkett Twitter breakdown is coming

I've always stayed away from Plinkett/RLM - I didn't even know what all that noise was (a Google search just now shows me Plinkett is a character... or something? and is part of RLM?) but decided to back off anyway out of some sort of intuition. I think I was right in doing that?

also til RLM is from my neck of the woods

Slime

Banned
Eh, even if they did ditch the corporate influence line, they'd probably still be triggered by "diversity" every time they saw a woman or minority represented.

Eh, even if they did ditch the corporate influence line, they'd probably still be triggered by "diversity" every time they saw a woman or minority represented.

true.

"They don't really mean for those people to be in there. They just feel like they have to do it. For the money."

Oh wait.

Collapse.jpg

tbh this has me even more excited than that
tumblr_inline_mte3one1R91rbrja2.gif

Prompto

Banned

Oh wait.

Collapse.jpg
I'd prefer it if he could come to an established franchise and just do something really weird and unexpected that's unlike anything else in said franchise. Some might hate it but it'd be worth it.

fly.jpg

Surfinn

Hey, if someone could forward that to them, it'd be appreciated.

Would be nice to kick that crutch out from under em so they might, you know, take the movies at face value instead of trying to spot all the "corporate influence" like it's bad CGI (that most people are 50/50 on spotting as it is)

daaaaAAAAAAMNNN

But how will they hack their way through their next review?

I've always stayed away from Plinkett/RLM - I didn't even know what all that noise (a Google search just now shows me Plinkett is a character... or something? and is part of RLM?) was but decided to back off anyway out of some sort of intuition. I think I was right in doing that?

also til RLM is from my neck of the woods
You've done the right thing. You're a better man than I

Emarv

tbh this has me even more excited than that
tumblr_inline_mte3one1R91rbrja2.gif
I adore Fly (Fifty-One is also underrated). It's just Fly is also super polarizing. I'd love if TLJ is really introspective like that, but I don't think Johnson entirely wants that. Still, mixing the introspection of Fly with the perfection of Ozymandias basically illustrates a director with the range to do everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom