• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unit 33

oYBPzN.gif

The Pope

Timing was off and the shot of Kylo was the only standout. As another poster says it is a pitty the film seems to be going down the same light vs dark thing. Still in hype mode. I am sure Johnson and Disney wont disappoint.

Quoting myself from the Celebration thread:
On the one hand, that trailer was pretty damned cool, though I do have two major concerns:
1) The fleet battle we see feels very much like it's going to have the New Republic/Resistance getting curbstomped (hence the hangar scene), especially since this is likely going to be an ESB parallel.
2) Luke's last line. Yes, it's pretty damned epic and invites a lot of questions, but it also lends further credence to concerns that his entire character arc through the original trilogy is about to get tossed out the window. Whether he's right - because he's Luke fucking Skywalker - or wrong - because ultimately this is going to be Rey's arc, and I don't quite expect Star Wars to abandon the idea of a moral good - if the premise of this film requires that the culmination of Luke's story be either for nothing or to have extended an ages old problem feels... Uncomfortable.

Solo

To be honest that was a pretty lame teaser. I'm sure the movie will be good but that's one of the least hype worthy teasers for a major film in a while.

I love the poster though. It's baller.

That was a much more hype teaser for me than The Force Awaken's initial teaser.

I'm excited

Me too actually. It doesn't even really show much, but the music, and the cinematography, and that last line. I'm an old nerd and I will never be as hype for Star Wars as I was when I was a kid but I got a few chills by the end. It's neat to be excited for a movie! Ha ha.

Timing was off and the shot of Kylo was the only standout. As another poster says it is a pitty the film seems to be going down the same light vs dark thing. Still in hype mode. I am sure Johnson and Disney wont disappoint.

I think the message of this teaser and the poster are more about ending the 'light vs dark' distinction, at least regarding the Force

Ridisc

Banned

Doesnt Lukes words indicate its not going down this road, that light and dark are not the whole spectrum of possibilities?

Skab

I'm guessing you didn't watch Thor Ragnarok and IT teaser trailer.

Just because it has the word "teaser" in the trailer title, doesn't mean it's actually a teaser. Those werent teasers. This was.

Just like the modern day "beta" in video games.

But keep being dismissive.

Yo that's literally the exact opposite of what the trailer is saying my dude

Hupsel

It was an okay trailer. Nothing could have surpassed TFA trailer after so many years waiting for a new Star Wars.

Also John Williams <3 dude is a beast

Today is a very good day to hear bad and unoriginal takes on how Star Wars Is Bad, Actually

God, just let people enjoy a thing

"Boring! Red dust and crazy ships and more starfighters than anyone's ever seen? The Ozymandias shot but with a Jedi? FUCKIN SNORE LOL."

Sad!

Just because it has the word "teaser" in the trailer title, doesn't mean it's actually a teaser. Those werent teasers. This was.

Just like the modern day "beta" in video games.

But keep being dismissive.

Yes they were.

That Thor teaser is actually probably only footage from the first 1/3rd of the movie.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
TBH I'm concerned at the 'dismantling' of the force as we traditionally understand it.

On one hand, I can appreciate the attempt to bring the 'more nuanced' examination of the force brought up by the EU into the main series.

On the other, it seems that it'd be really, really easy to fuck things up.

Some of that is gonna depend on what exactly Luke's referring to, obviously (i.e. losing whatever dogma he held onto from Obi-wan/Yoda versus 'there shouldn't be force users'), but I'm not overly enthused atm.

2) Luke's last line. Yes, it's pretty damned epic and invites a lot of questions, but it also lends further credence to concerns that his entire character arc through the original trilogy is about to get tossed out the window. Whether he's right - because he's Luke fucking Skywalker - or wrong - because ultimately this is going to be Rey's arc, and I don't quite expect Star Wars to abandon the idea of a moral good - if the premise of this film requires that the culmination of Luke's story be either for nothing or to have extended an ages old problem feels... Uncomfortable.

Yeah, this kind of sums up my thoughts as well. This conversation/premise has already come up in TFA, but I'm kind of hoping they're really careful in handling Luke's character. Obviously shit went south, but they're gonna have to run a fine line between 'depressed old man' and 'not Luke anymore'.

Man, the soundtrack sends a jolt to my balls. The way they do these trailers is just a different league the ones recently. I love how similar it is to the trailer for the previous movie. The first few frames makes you think it's a movie from decades ago.

To be honest that was a pretty lame teaser. I'm sure the movie will be good but that's one of the least hype worthy teasers for a major film in a while.

I love the poster though. It's baller.
Hoping it's so they don't give away any plot details. Most of the shots were of Rey training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom