• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT2| The Future Is Near

SamuraiX-

Bomber streaming SC2 for the first time in months!

*clicks on stream*

*playing WoL campaign*

DKFXyes.jpg

Wedge7

BoxeR and Mvp to play together in archon mode at BlizzCon. ;-;

Lol, dunno how I feel about dragging out these tired old legends, especially if it looks like that old Boxer vs Yellow GSL Exhibition showmatch they had a few years ago at a GSL event. Was just plain painful. Neither gives a shit anymore and are just thrown on stage as a quick cash in. Either way, I'll be there!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SC2 Blizzcon rewards can now be obtained! Logged in and got these:

CPIlMEh.jpg

Syf

Banned
First round of the global finals! All I want from today is Maru, INnoVation, PartinG and Life advancing.

SamuraiX-

Fantasy is such a dumbass. He had this game in the bag but he played so indecisively.

What a throw if herO actually wins this.

SamuraiX-

FanTaSy had a very real chance to tie it up 2-2 if he didn't prematurely blow his load with that great position he had with herO's army trapped at this third.

herO definitely didn't look to be in his best form this weekend though. He's probably still a look for a Top 4 finish though.

What's with Dreamhack Winter? First major LotV tournament, and they don't have Asian qualifiers, so it's all foreigners except for four (unannounced) Korean invites... Not very exciting. :\

I kinda hope Life gets an invite and crushes Lilbow again. <_< "What, is this what you've been practicing for?"

What's with Dreamhack Winter? First major LotV tournament, and they don't have Asian qualifiers, so it's all foreigners except for four (unannounced) Korean invites... Not very exciting. :

I kinda hope Life gets an invite and crushes Lilbow again. <_< "What, is this what you've been practicing for?"

Life gets invited to almost every foreign tournament so I wouldn't be surprised.

Wedge7

I never really watch Dreamhacks because its typically a bunch of foreigners and random lower level Koreans like Hyun or random Kespa guys like Solar, but since I'll definitely tune in if just to see some actual LotV action. I dont think I've literally seen a single second of LotV, so it'll be fun to see what actually works. Never bothered watching any of the beta tournaments or streams, just wasn't interested in it for some reason. Wonder who the 4 invites will be, especially if its one of the 15 blizzcon guys, with the little amount of practice that they have probably put into the game. Then again, who knows how long it honestly takes to really get into the swing of things.

Syf

Banned
I never really watch Dreamhacks because its typically a bunch of foreigners and random lower level Koreans like Hyun or random Kespa guys like Solar, but since I'll definitely tune in if just to see some actual LotV action. I dont think I've literally seen a single second of LotV, so it'll be fun to see what actually works. Never bothered watching any of the beta tournaments or streams, just wasn't interested in it for some reason. Wonder who the 4 invites will be, especially if its one of the 15 blizzcon guys, with the little amount of practice that they have probably put into the game. Then again, who knows how long it honestly takes to really get into the swing of things.
It takes getting used to for sure, even more so at the pro level I'd assume. Starting with more workers means all the timings are different.

I'm off to the con tomorrow morning. Seeing BoxeR play live will be such a treat. I hope he sticks around for autographs. Can't wait for this to start!

It takes getting used to for sure, even more so at the pro level I'd assume. Starting with more workers means all the timings are different.

Am I correct in assuming that the better starting economy will make it easier to defend against rush tactics? Or would it not really change anything since the rushing player also has an increased economy?

Am I correct in assuming that the better starting economy will make it easier to defend against rush tactics? Or would it not really change anything since the rushing player also has an increased economy?

This seems to be one of the main reasons for the change. Of course people will find new all-ins to do but there shouldn't be any that put people in a huge disadvantage if unscouted early like Proxy 2 rax against Hatch first. Of the LotV pro matches I've seen, I'm expecting Liberator's to get nerfed fast. Their insane damage to ground units makes it nearly impossible to defend with just Queen's, forcing Zerg to make Ravager's early just to defend. They've replaced Banshee's as openers and are much more versatile than them. Also expecting Disruptor's to either get redesigned again or nerfed. Only takes like 3 to infinitely defend a small ramp. One other change I'm expecting is a Warp Prism range nerf. This was an odd thing to change to begin with but with Adept's mobility and this change it's a much bigger pain to punish drops. Viper's new ability will also likely get a nerf. It's like anti-air fungal with no snare and way more damage. Plus I'm pretty sure they stack. The rest of the new units and abilities I haven't seen a ton of except for Ravager's which I think are for the most part fine.

Man it's been so long since ive seen any LotV stuff I am going to have no idea what's going on.

I've seen pro TvZ, PvZ and TvT the most so far. Never really saw a TvZ match go past mid-game because it came down to how well Zerg handled against Liberator's early. I was shocked how few Zerg's made Lurker's in ZvP because Protoss almost never made Observers. TvT depends heavily on openers. Open Liberator's and your opponent focuses on Economy? It's basically a free win. Open Liberator's and your opponent got a fast Starport and Viking? You just wasted 300/300 unless you're able to keep your Liberator alive for later harass. Also saw a lot of fast Raven openers with a Medivac after for harass. Every game was basically bio/Siege Tank drops against bio/Siege Tank drops. I'm not sure I ever saw a Cyclone made.

If it was possible (it probably is in South Korea somewhere), I would have bet on sOs winning Blizzcon. Wonder what kind of odds I would have gotten.

Wedge7

Man, that was a sick finals. SoS, what a guy. Amazing play by Life as well, love that ballsy aggressive play, can't complain, full marks for entertainment.

As for that site, there are quite a few esports betting sites, one of the biggest is pinnacle sports. Seems like more and more of them popping up, especially big ones that are reputable. You'll remember earlier in the year before the match fixing scandal, there was already a lot of online buzz when certain big betting sites would take down bets or betting lines due to what they viewed as suspicious behaviour, IE heavy action on certain games or players.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just realized that my SC2 downloads have been paused for a really long time. Thank god my internet isn't shit anymore so I can download updates and preload in time for launch.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I can do the next OT if no one already has dibs on it yet.

It would have to wait till after work tomorrow

Top Bottom