• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void pre-order is up, grants beta+prologue campaign

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft-ii-legacy-of-the-void

WaxNP1L.jpg

Standard Edition: 39.99$/39.99€/1000NTD/128CNY
Digital Deluxe Edition: 59.99$/59.99€/1800NTD/188CNY

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
  • Unlock three unique Protoss-inspired portraits for StarCraft II and dominate your enemies in style with your new Protoss unit skin.
  • Show your love for all things StarCraft II with an Archon pet for World of Warcraft, prepped and ready for battle. The Digital Deluxe also comes with a Protoss-themed card back for Hearthstone and a Probe pet and Protoss transmog for Diablo III.
  • Be the most intimidating player in the Nexus with your awe-inspiring Void Seeker Mount. For Aiur!

Pre-ordering either the Standard Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition also grants you beta access and Whisper of Oblivion prologue campaign missions.

A Starcraft II: Complete Collection is also available for purchase:
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft-ii-complete-collection

3TVcHfo.png

Standard Edition: 59.99$/59.99€/1800NTD
Digital Deluxe Edition: 99.99$/99.99€/2900NTD

It includes all three chapters of the Starcraft II trilogy: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void.

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes all additional digital content from all 3 games/expansions including the Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition content which was retail-only before.

No release date is announced, only a projected date of Winter 2015/before March 20th, 2016.

Majine

Banned
Yet no date, huh? I dunno about y'all, but I hate paying for something when I don't even know when I'm gonna get it.

I really hope they stepped up their writing on this one, HotS was pretty mediocre.

who am I kidding im going to preorder soon as work is over

fedexpeon

Banned
Can someone spoil me the story.
Is Raynor dead?
SC 2 story has been a disappointment that I couldn't finish playing Heart of the Swarm.
SC2 destroys my love for the series...

Lothars

Can someone spoil me the story.
Is Raynor dead?
SC 2 story has been a disappointment that I couldn't finish playing Heart of the Swarm.
SC2 destroys my love for the series...
I really don't get that, it wasn't that bad and how could it kill your love of the series? insanity.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am gonna ravage this pre-order when I can afford it

FluxWaveZ

Exclusive prologue campaign missions? Are you fucking kidding me?

I was going to pre-order the standard edition anyways, but I hate this crap.

Fuchsdh

I really don't get that, it wasn't that bad and how could it kill your love of the series? insanity.

Because it retconned all that story I lovingly devoured for the first game, at least for me.

I haven't finished HOTS either because it seemed like they decided they didn't have anything they could do with Kerrigan and so they just changed course again after WOL. If the story was better than what they had, I could see the rationale... but it's not. At all. To me the campaigns are great fun and the multiplayer is but if there's no story I don't see the point in bothering with it, especially since they did their best to kill the custom game scene.

Xamdou

Yeah! It will look beautiful next to my Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls collector's editions!

I have D3 and RoS C.E's also! Sold a Barbarian immortal chest armor for $250 and some other gear during the auction house glory days really helped!

Skunkers

It's been a long road. I remember when they first announced this, I think it was like 2008 (like a year after they announced SCII).

antitrop

I own the WoL and HotS Collector's Editions, and now I find myself unwilling to spend the $100 to complete the trilogy collection.

lol, should have seen that coming

Pooya

"Winter 2015/2016" so March it is...

Didn't they say Whisper of Oblivion is free for everyone at that PC Gamer event thing?

Pooya

Diablo III RoS gave you Valla, a hero for HotS, now this only gives you an ugly mount...Blizzard please...

edit: There is actually a new hero too! It's cool now.

fedexpeon

Banned

I played SC and BW for nearly a decade, from middle school through high school.
High ranked match and UMS everyday.
SC2? Couldn't play it more than a month.
I didn't feel anything, didn't want to see what my favorite heroes next adventure will be, didn't want to continue to play the rush meta-game, didn't want to see what the UMS community had to offer...it was a soul less experience from a series that had me entertained for almost 1/3 of my life.

Xamdou

Hmmm...I might go physical because of GCU, if there is a physical version.

There is always physical version, GCU 20% is the best deal for gamers and Protoss are my main!

Get Pre-purchase Goodies
When you pre-purchase Legacy of the Void, you'll be granted access to exclusive Prologue missions which introduce the single-player Protoss campaign. You'll also get into the Void closed beta so you can jump into the action as soon as possible!

Arkeband

Banned
It sounds like the prologue missions are part of the LotV campaign and base game, but you can access them before the release date if you pre-order, in addition to having beta access to multiplayer.

The word "exclusive" is being used to drum up pre-orders but it's confusing everyone who possess reading comprehension skills.

edit: I was right... see below.

jersoc

Did they add match making to the beta yet? I've been in for a while, but I'm awful and no match making would not be fun for me.

Lingitiz

Never played any Starcraft 2 at all...is the single player worth it? Kind of want to buy that complete collection...

Pooya

I think at E3 Dustin Browder said those missions are free for everyone. Like a demo maybe? It's just that you play them earlier with beta access/preorder.

Never played any Starcraft 2 at all...is the single player worth it? Kind of want to buy that complete collection...
I'd say that price is well worth it even for single player.

The story can get really stupid at times but I thought the missions themselves were mostly well designed with some cool gameplay twists every now and then.

From a single player standpoint, there are also challenges that can ease you into trying MP.

Top Bottom