• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series GLOBAL FINALS 2014 – November 1st, 7-8th

Tovarisc

Defective server HW in work?

Tho I assume they swapped servers during long break in order to cancel out defective HW possibility, but still...

Ithil

5firzn5ipuea.gif

SamuraiX-

Not as clean as it could've been, but damn well done by MMA to make that work against fast Storm tech. If he didn't get those super fast Ghosts at like 13 minutes, that SCV pull would've been an even bigger disaster than the one on King Sejong.

Ghost in the Medivac is always so sick. I think I've only ever seen MMA and Flash pull that off before.

SamuraiX-

GTFO Classic

Take a hike.

14l51.gif

M M A

M M A

M M A

So happy for him. What a fucking story. He NEEDS to win. Would be such a nice, feelgood conclusion to his career.

SamuraiX-

gotdayum

MMA knew he was going to the finals the moment he saw Classic's predictable composition in that last game. He found his confidence again after DreamHack Moscow and hasn't let it go since.

Phoenix/Zealot/Archon seems to be easily countered by Widow Mines. Must be why I almost never see it.

Yep. Pretty much.

Classic never had to face any elite Terrans since his faux emergence so it's not surprising he thought it could work.

eRonin

I wanna see a TvZ finals (but Taeja vs Life would be sick anyway) so I'm hoping Life makes it, but Taeja seems too strong right now.

I thought the ESF players were garbage and couldn't compete with the kespa players.

Not as clean as it could've been, but damn well done by MMA to make that work against fast Storm tech. If he didn't get those super fast Ghosts at like 13 minutes, that SCV pull would've been an even bigger disaster than the one on King Sejong.

Ghost in the Medivac is always so sick. I think I've only ever seen MMA and Flash pull that off before.

I'm pretty sure Maru was the first to pull that off but ive seen a few others.

Ah, yeah, maybe. Was that in a GSL match? It feels like it must've been quite a while ago.

It was a fair while ago. It was when we first were going through that period where protoss were using warp prisms to storm terran players. I remember a few matches where we had the medivac and prism both flying around. It was GSL but i can't remember it was a while ago.

It's got to be one of the most exciting things to watch though, fuck ever being able to do that myself lol.

Edit: It was a looooong time ago, like before medivac boost. It just seemed to go out of style and no one did it for ageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Nothing against the KeSPA latecomers, but I couldn't be happier to see three WoL-era fan favourites with a big presence on the foreign scene be the last men standing. It proves that they can withstand the current standard of Korean competition (at least in a weekend tournament format and not the GSL system where you have a week of preparation for every match), and it is an encouraging sign that with the region-locked reorganization of WCS next year into Korea and Everywhere Else, the most recognizable players from the peak of SC2's popularity won't just disappear.

Lethe82

Banned
gotdayum

MMA knew he was going to the finals the moment he saw Classic's predictable composition in that last game. He found his confidence again after DreamHack Moscow and hasn't let it go since.

Yep. Pretty much.

Classic never had to face any elite Terrans since his faux emergence so it's not surprising he thought it could work.

random theory crafting, why not simply get say 2 sentry and hallucinate a few units to help tank mines, or even hallucinate pheonix to potentially run splash damage onto the Terran army.

SamuraiX-

We're in for a damn treat. This one needs to go all 5 please. Arguably could've and shoudl've been the grand final.

Damn, most of the spectators are rooting for Life.

It was a fair while ago. It was when we first were going through that period where protoss were using warp prisms to storm terran players. I remember a few matches where we had the medivac and prism both flying around. It was GSL but i can't remember it was a while ago.

It's got to be one of the most exciting things to watch though, fuck ever being able to do that myself lol.

Edit: It was a looooong time ago, like before medivac boost. It just seemed to go out of style and no one did it for ageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Haha yeah seriously. I'll just admire these guys pulling it off and live vicariously through them. :p

Oh, it was going on even before HotS? That sounds like it would've been even more difficult without the boost.

random theory crafting, why not simply get say 2 sentry and hallucinate a few units to help tank mines, or even hallucinate pheonix to potentially run splash damage onto the Terran army.

A lot of skilled Protoss attempted to do this when Widow Mines first started becoming popularized in TvP, but they would just use real Zealots by sending one or two forward before engaging with the whole army.

Terrans quickly caught on and now most of them are pretty quick with the unburrow/burrow micro.

I love the idea with the hallucinated Phoenix but I think it's too unreliable for players to rationalize using energy on hallucinations over force fields/guardian shield.

SamuraiX-

That drop by TaeJa was so ridiculously efficient. lol

Life... that initial attempt at a pounce when TaeJa stepped on creep seconds before Baneling speed finished....... why......................

Fucking awesome game so far. So glad Taeja made a raven, most terran refuse to and it's basically a guaranteed loss in this situation. You just need to get rid of that creep.

Top Bottom