• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Messiek

What should be the second farm building I go for?
I have a coop, silo and 3 copper tools.
Mine 80 and level 5 with all skills.
19th of first summer.

Brakke

Banned
Home upgrade is good to get kitchen. Skill-boost foods are super helpful. Kind of require you be friends with townsfolk to get recipes those.

From what I hear it starts around the 10 day of the first winter. Most people are around 30 hours at that point.

I'm at 49 hours and approaching Summer of Year 2 and no end of day bug. Not that I want to knock on wood, but I keep seeing different people saying different things that are causing it. I think earlier some gaffers knew/speculated it had do with mining.

When I played on PC I made the mistake of removing too much "nature" from my farm and not adding decorations, and I didn't like the way it looked. This time I'm trying to leave a lot of trees and grass but also add decorations like fences and paths. Nothing too exciting so far, but I think certain areas like my honey colony will look really nice when I'm done with it. How are people getting screenshots off their Switch?

Brakke

Banned
I <3 U, Junimo Buddies.

0O4T0cC.jpg

fizxsSf.jpg

Zzoram

Maybe the combat (Rune Factory) makes a difference?

How do you feel about Minecraft?

If I really like this game, would Minecraft be a good fit for me? Does Minecraft have goals to work towards or is it completely open ended? I kinda need at least loose goals to give me direction.

Aiii

So not worth it
Today was the first time since I bought it last week that I closed the game and had to reload the game. Didn't even know the save file showed you play time (22h) heh.

Coricus

If I really like this game, would Minecraft be a good fit for me? Does Minecraft have goals to work towards or is it completely open ended? I kinda need at least loose goals to give me direction.

Minecraft's pretty much on the open ended end of the scale. Other than having an ending and a couple of things that need to be done to get to it there's pretty much no direction.

Terraria might be better for you, there's NPCs that give you hints as to what you should try doing next and the game has a very clear equipment/boss battle based progression. It's looser than Stardew Valley, but it doesn't leave you completely in the dark either. It's not out for the Switch yet, but it's going to be out by the end of the year.

SCB3

Minecraft's pretty much on the open ended end of the scale. Other than having an ending and a couple of things that need to be done to get to it there's pretty much no direction.

Terraria might be better for you, there's NPCs that give you hints as to what you should try doing next and the game has a very clear equipment/boss battle based progression. It's looser than Stardew Valley, but it doesn't leave you completely in the dark either. It's not out for the Switch yet, but it's going to be out by the end of the year.

Wait it is? That may be a perfect fit for it< wonder if local co op will be included?

Cerium

It sounds like Dragon Quest Builders (coming to Switch along with a brand new sequel) would be right up your alley.

DQB is basically Minecraft with structure and quests.

Brakke

Banned
Is the border around the crops serve a purpose or is it just cosmetic?

It was useful to mark out the space when I was tilling. The region is 17x17 so it’s kind of hard to eyeball.

Now I’m in Fall and all my crops are sprinkler-ed, so I’ll spend a couple days cleaning up the aesthetic of my farm.

Brakke

Banned
It sounds like Dragon Quest Builders (coming to Switch along with a brand new sequel) would be right up your alley.

DQB is basically Minecraft with structure and quests.

Yo that game is the truth. Loved every aspect of it. Just a delightful game.

Seem to be getting some sort of strange bug that won't allow me to select certain things in my crafting menu. I was able to fix it in the options, switching to a cursor style menu, but it's not nearly as fast as the other setting. Hopefully it get's a patch.

Vicious

Seem to be getting some sort of strange bug that won't allow me to select certain things in my crafting menu. I was able to fix it in the options, switching to a cursor style menu, but it's not nearly as fast as the other setting. Hopefully it get's a patch.

That's been one of the main issues from day one. The temporary fix is what you already did, but it should be addressed in the first patch.

oti

Banned
Almost done with Winter. Set out my farm with a ton of sprinklers to automate watering as much as possible. Loved the change of pace winter brings, but I'm ready for some farming again.

And I've played it over 24h already. :|

c1d

the Jojo being
closed
is a blight in town they should have allowed something else to move in or turn it into a park
My vote is for a community mall where Emily sells clothes, Leah sells sculptures/art, Sebastian sells bicycles, Vincent sells aquarium-related items for your house etc.

c1d

Oh that is good, the dev should do this, that is a great plot progression
Won't ever happen sadly. Dev has stated it is unlikely that he'll add more content (especially now that it has released on multiple platforms) and that he doesn't trust anyone else with the create stuff.

Won't ever happen sadly. Dev has stated it is unlikely that he'll add more content (especially now that it has released on multiple platforms) and that he doesn't trust anyone else with the create stuff.

aw too bad

having such a fanbase he should really consider pushing this IP more it is a great game but could be improved

lightus

So I'm taking my time with this game and not really focusing on the farming part too much. Rather mess around instead of being super efficient at everything.

Is there a limit to the amount of years or can you keep playing your farm indefinitely?

So I'm taking my time with this game and not really focusing on the farming part too much. Rather mess around instead of being super efficient at everything.

Is there a limit to the amount of years or can you keep playing your farm indefinitely?

there is kinda a thing with your Grandpa but you can keep farming for many years it does not stop

I've seen Youtube channels going on year 20

mstevens

End of year 1 update!

Farm Setup: 28 quality sprinklers for 224 crops, Deluxe Barn, Deluxe Coop, and Silo x2.
Current / Total Money: 50,400 / 381,000
Mine: Made it to level 120
Farming: 10
Mining: 7
Foraging: 8
Fishing: 10
Combat: 7
Gear: Copper Hoe, Iron Watering Can, Gold Axe, Gold Pickaxe
Donations: 65 total
Community Center: Finished the crafts room, fish tank, vault, and the boiler room.
For the pantry, I still need a green bean, and 5 gold star parsnips.
For the bulletin board, I still need a fiddlehead fern, poppy, maki roll, fried egg, rabbit's foot, wine (in progress), pomegranate, 3 apples, and a red cabbage.

My goals for this year is to finally start working on relationships and to get the greenhouse setup with trees and some sort of fruit so I can start wine production.

Fake edit: I started typing this post and then did the first day of spring #2. Ran around and got 224 seeds hoed, planted, and watered and barely made it by 12:50 am. Whew!

Blues1990

the Jojo being
closed
is a blight in town they should have allowed something else to move in or turn it into a park

Ever since starting my game, I never step foot into that Wal-Mart knock off. I had a bad experience with working at HomeSense, Wal-Mart, and the like, so I hope I can eventually get rid of that stupid store and kick out that bow-tie wearing jackass that has been harassing the mayor since I started playing.

PetrCobra

End of year 1 update!

Farm Setup: 28 quality sprinklers for 224 crops, Deluxe Barn, Deluxe Coop, and Silo x2.
Current / Total Money: 50,400 / 381,000
Mine: Made it to level 120
Farming: 10
Mining: 7
Foraging: 8
Fishing: 10
Combat: 7
Gear: Copper Hoe, Iron Watering Can, Gold Axe, Gold Pickaxe
Donations: 65 total
Community Center: Finished the crafts room, fish tank, vault, and the boiler room.
For the pantry, I still need a green bean, and 5 gold star parsnips.
For the bulletin board, I still need a fiddlehead fern, poppy, maki roll, fried egg, rabbit's foot, wine (in progress), pomegranate, 3 apples, and a red cabbage.

My goals for this year is to finally start working on relationships and to get the greenhouse setup with trees and some sort of fruit so I can start wine production.

Fake edit: I started typing this post and then did the first day of spring #2. Ran around and got 224 seeds hoed, planted, and watered and barely made it by 12:50 am. Whew!

Wow you're much more efficient than I am. In the middle of winter, I only just ordered my first coop. Money's still an issue. Have a few dead ends with stuff that I'm not sure what to do with, hoping that it will clear up when I do more of community center, or maybe when I find more books, or maybe, for one of the things, once I upgrade my friendship with
Gunther

Ever since starting my game, I never step foot into that Wal-Mart knock off. I had a bad experience with working at HomeSense, Wal-Mart, and the like, so I hope I can eventually get rid of that stupid store and kick out that bow-tie wearing jackass that has been harassing the mayor since I started playing.

I did watch a lot of youtube play this game before I got it so I knew to avoid Jojo

I did go in there and lots of the villagers were in there even had employees in there doing the checkout

such a weird part of this game but the community center part felt more rewarding

Top Bottom