• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Official Xbox Series HDD Expansion Announced

Bigfroth

Isn't an SSD required to play Starfield? why would an old Mechanical HDD be marketed with Starfield? Is this fake, plus Seagate is :poop:

Puscifer

Keeping that 3.5 spindle drive alive. What is with Microsoft’s fascination with legacy performance?
Following the 3-2-1 rule spinning drives have their place, even, yes you'll read this right, tape drives have their place in storage

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Isn't an SSD required to play Starfield? why would an old Mechanical HDD be marketed with Starfield? Is this fake, plus Seagate is :poop:

It's just a branded, over-priced, standard USB HDD that you can use with any device. This isn't the Xbox expansion.

If you're in the market for an external HDD, and like the Starfield aesthetic this seems cool enough, Seagate though...

Why are you people caring about this at all when you're not in the market for this? You act like the devs are taking time out of their day to design this glorified HDD shell, when in reality it's some guy from the marketing department.

Drew1440

A HDD is more than ideal for Xbox 360 & One games, though if you primarily play Series X games then its not much use aside from archive storage. (Unless you wish to save captured content)

Also some people play game in rota's where they will play a handful of titles at a time. I did this with the PS4 when i swapped out the internal HDD with an SSD, and installed the old HDD in an enclosure where I could transfer games between the two drives quickly when I wanted to play a specific title.

Last edited:

Moses85

Dairy Farm Milk GIF by Rex Orange County

ZoukGalaxy

They are milking Starfield as much as possible, like Sony with Last Of Us.
I'm so glad that all of this don't speak to me, I'm sparing a LOT of money 😹

City On A Hill Hiding Money GIF by Showtime

The 300€ collector with no physical game and so many useless shit (digital artbook and OST, seriously ?!)

*EDIT* Perfect post timing with the post above by Moses85 Moses85

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

BlackTron

It's bizarre to have this thing that won't even work for the game its based on. Imagine if Nintendo did the Zelda pro controller when Skyward Sword came out. And the Zelda joycons when TOTK came out. Because that makes sense.

Top Bottom