• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield. Which platform are you getting? (Torn)

Which platform are you purchasing?

• Xbox series

• Microsoft Store (PC)

• Steam

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cimarron

Which one is going to be your platform of choice? I have Gamepass Ultimate so I can plan it on pc or on my console. However… the modding experience with Microsoft store games have been sub par. Given that this is a Bethesda open world game I can’t wait for the mods. So I may just double dip and buy the Steam version in orser to enjoy the modding experience. What are you guys doing?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
My choice would be Steam, but I’ve got to do Windows Store because of the deals I was getting on Xbox gift cards.

I’m not buying it until I know for certain the game’s good. Although I’m thinking it’s probably fine.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Pc steam, i prefer spending 70 euros for the premium edition over having to deal with the shit that is xbox app and gamepass pc every day of the week.

I don't care about mods (except for the gore that is apparently not present), pc is where the game is gonna run at its best and that's enough.

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
Dw49sCP.jpg

MS Store Pc.

diffusionx

Gold Member
OP, do you want the comfy couch experience? Just play it unmodded and as Todd intends on console day one, and pick up the Steam version when it goes on sale down the road. if Skyrim is any indication it's not going anywhere lol.

Steam. Premium Edition already bought and pre-downloaded.

Wanted it for PC for 60 fps at 1440p but don't trust the Microsoft Store or Xbox app to not mess up a 120 GB install based on previous experiences with their games. Steam also has options to verify and move games much easier than the Store, which more often breaks in my experience, throwing up those annoying cryptic error codes, e.g. 0x800210ef. The Microsoft Store and Xbox app on PC, are at best, average and at worse utterly atrocious when it breaks yet another game with a patch and requires you to redownload the entire game. There is a good reason why PC gamers loathe the Microsoft Store and Xbox app, even Digital Foundry have made jokes about it.

P.S. Will also be downloading it for my Xbox Series X at launch as well on GamePass so I can share the save game and play it on a 55" OLED TV with surround sound and HDR. PC will be where I spend the majority of time playing the game though as I am not sure, just for the higher framerate which I feel is more important for a game I will be playing mostly in first-person.

Last edited:

Billbofet

My only option is Series S. I gameshare with a bud that is getting the early access, so I'm curious to see if it shows up early for me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You can always try the cloud on your PC.. that what I do on my laptop

XCloud is on Series X hardware, I already have the console, cloud won't benefit me much. Unless you meant Geforce Now, I've already got the game and premium add-on primed for Xbox.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

PC Game Pass.

Anyone know if steam will share achievements with Xbox like with Halo etc? If so I may get it on steam later down the line

twilo99

XCloud is on Series X hardware, I already have the console, cloud won't benefit me much. Unless you meant Geforce Now, I've already got the game and premium add-on primed for Xbox.

I mean if you NEED to play on the PC for whatever reason you have the option at least

Steam baby because I got cheap off fanatical instead of 70euros, I make steam reviews, got achievements, and a ton of other features. Rental services just to be cheap lulz, noo thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom