• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk |OT| Not Quite Warhawk, Yet Not Quite Like Anything Else

Also, is it cheap anywhere? I was holding off because I thought Twisted Metal would last longer, but no one on GAF is ever on that but me.

The community is bigger for this, right?
The newest update brought me and what seems like many more back. Game is a blast. Even in my last game this morning where I finished 2-13 haha.

I really hope we can pull through. Been loving this game.

Can't friggin wait guys. Had a blast while practicing tonight. Hopefully tomorrow sees my good side.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'll make a homeworld and we can wait for everyone for fifteen minutes before jumping into a game.

If we have only four for a bit I might just push a cooperative match on you guys, but otherwise I'm up for zones and ctf.

Was hoping more people would show up so we could crush some zones games. We did co-op and made it to final round once :(

I admit that I wasn't fully in it after the first game. I wanted some competitive love but no one else came on.

jred2k

Hey sorry I wasn't using my mic. After the game I checked and realized I hadn't set my input device. Hopefully we can plan another night and get a few more people next time.

Helscream

Banned
I just picked this up a few days ago. I meant to buy it back in May, but I just didn't bother. Really makes me regret not getting it earlier.

I am not sure how big the Gaf clan is on Starhawk, but if anyone wants another person who is willing to join the fray feel free to send a friend request. My PSN Tag is Helscream

KalBalboa

Banned
I just picked this up a few days ago. I meant to buy it back in May, but I just didn't bother. Really makes me regret not getting it earlier.

I am not sure how big the Gaf clan is on Starhawk, but if anyone wants another person who is willing to join the fray feel free to send a friend request. My PSN Tag is Helscream

Try and join the clan if you can. The clan list is integrated perfectly into the game, so you won't need to add a bunch of new people to your buddy list.

We usually hop on one night a week for a few rounds of Co-op.followed by zones.

waypoetic

Banned
RIP Starhawk. There are more people playing Warhawk. Too bad alot of players who bought the game are retarded and cant grasp the RTS element etc.

RIP Starhawk. There are more people playing Warhawk. Too bad alot of players who bought the game are retarded and cant grasp the RTS element etc.
Zones being dead kills it for me. I finally clicked with this game but no one plays zones. That's all I'll play until capturable zones are added in all modes.

And everyone who opposed my multiple spawns zones idea probably never bought the game OR now realize how necessary they'd be. CTF rules would never have had to change because stalemates wouldn't have existed.

KalBalboa

Banned
Zones being dead kills it for me. I finally clicked with this game but no one plays zones. That's all I'll play until capturable zones are added in all modes.

And everyone who opposed my multiple spawns zones idea probably never bought the game OR now realize how necessary they'd be. CTF rules would never have had to change because stalemates wouldn't have existed.

There's also been a lot of competition this year. I'm still game for playing a GAF night once a week or so. Want to shoot for this coming Tuesday?

waypoetic

Banned
The "problem" with zones is that some matches gets determined in a matter of seconds - and then the losing team (who pretty much has like 2 people who actually wants to win and goes out to cap zones) just spends the remaining 15 minutes getting assraped.

There should be a "home-zone" and you could only take it if you've got all the other zones - now you can just go and cap it as your first and CHECK MATE.

The "problem" with zones is that some matches gets determined in a matter of seconds - and then the losing team (who pretty much has like 2 people who actually wants to win and goes out to cap zones) just spends the remaining 15 minutes getting assraped.

There should be a "home-zone" and you could only take it if you've got all the other zones - now you can just go and cap it as your first and CHECK MATE.
Very true. But it's still more satisfying to play that mode than anything else imo.

Needs to be said again, capturable zones are needed in ALL modes. Spawn beacons will still have their use.

KalBalboa

Banned
Very true. But it's still more satisfying to play that mode than anything else imo.

Needs to be said again, capturable zones are needed in ALL modes. Spawn beacons will still have their use.

True. I think my absolute love of the cooperative mode and the thrill of the campaign is what made me adore Starhawk so much, but I guess I'd be lying if I said I played it more than I did Warhawk.

Still, next Tuesday? GAF night? 10 PM Eastern?

If we only have four we'll do co-op, but regardless we should do some zones.

waypoetic

Banned
True. I think my absolute love of the cooperative mode and the thrill of the campaign is what made me adore Starhawk so much, but I guess I'd be lying if I said I played it more than I did Warhawk.

Still, next Tuesday? GAF night? 10 PM Eastern?

If we only have four we'll do co-op, but regardless we should do some zones.

I'm game. As long as it's not too late.

EDIT: Guys..?

Helscream

Banned
I am curious, exactly how do I access the clan list that is integrated into the game? The only list I see if the leader boards for clans. Not necessarily a list to browse to find the NeoGaf clan. I am still interested in teaming up and kicking ass.

KalBalboa

Banned
Worth picking this game up or is it completely dead?

If you have a buddy to play split-screen or someone you know online, cooperative mode alone makes the game worth buying in my opinion. Competitive is certainly not as lively as it should be, but there are always games to play- plus the campaign can be fun.

Marz

Picking the game up tomorrow. Pretty excited even though i'm just getting the multiplayer so i'm sure i'll be a complete noob and get crushed for a long time until I learn the basics.

Look forward to playing with some of you guys:)

waypoetic

Banned
Just downloaded and installed patch 1.04.

That EULA screen at the start is still there..

Anyways, i'm gonna play some games so add if you wanna join me.

waypoetic

Banned
Oh god. People suck at this game. They just shoot! No building defenses or going after the flag - and when it's stolen people on my team are all like whaaateeeever.

KalBalboa

Banned
Oh what the fuck. This makes me really want the game. How is the online community? Still populated?

War hawk was one of my most played online games when it came out.

It's actually seen a boost these past few weeks, and with it going on sale on PSN today I bet it'll jump up again. Plus, all the free content is likely to bring in even more newcomers or returning veterans.

KalBalboa

Banned
Boot up the game and you'll see. The pod-launcher and the mechsuit both have a shopping cart over them in the BnB-wheel.

EDIT: Free for PS+

Rocky-4-Sylvester-Stallone-2.jpg

I wonder what they'll charge to the "normies."

KalBalboa

Banned
So, what's the verdict?

I got all the DLC free thanks to Plus. I played some of the new modes and absolutely loved the new mech suit.

Anyone up for a co-op game sometime? The new cooperative map gives you three towers to defend.

Launching into a game is a better experience now, post 1.04 patch. You're given the option to make co-op games public and joinable by any, the chance to change difficulty up-front before launching (you could previously do it during the game, but it could be confusing), and the game seems to run a bit better than before.

Top Bottom