• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because i'm small, because I actually physically look harmless. And because a woman came to them, saying she fears for her safety?

Yet, to me this was the woman I was sleeping not to long ago. This was my partner for 4 months. This was someone who was crazy, and I understood better than they did.

But I wanted things my way. And I should have backed down. But I was a person of tenacity. I was a grant winning art student.

But she took my school away from me. Her request to the police was that I leave the country for a year. Unable to finish that school year in the process.

It hasn't struck you that she wasn't "crazy"?
Maybe you really were being too insistent and completely missing what she wanted (you not bothering her)?

fanboi

Banned
So what, I loved her. It didn't matter to me that she was crazy.

What mattered to me, was staying. Even if her mother hated me.

If staying was what mattered... why did you insist in contacting here again and again?

EDIT: Where are you now in europe?

Then you made your bed.

I hope this 4-month tryst of yours was worth throwing away your future.

And I was hinting at you being the crazy one, not her.

This is all awfully reminiscent of Denko and (´・ω・`)

Steelrain

Well when you associate with crazy people, crazy things are going to happen.

Sounds like you learned that the hard way though :/

Take the L and keep pushing. You're 23. You've got your whole life ahead of you.

Onemic

There was no other time. She wanted me to leave her alone outside of the police.

I didn't

Police gets involve. I have too. While on bail-program. But that bail-program didn't let me attend school anymore. That already was way to unfair.

If i never got arrested. It would have been a warning, and I would have been ok leaving her alone. But I got arrested and she got to go into a police station. And say whatever she wanted. And my word. Only comes out. When i'm paying someone 200 dollars an hour, to represent me.

I was hurt, I lived alone. I had no family to bail or represent me or speak to my character. She was my family. Hell, i'm never gonna love someone with weaknesses like living away from home again.

This is what will make or break your story. What do you mean by you didn't? Did you continue calling and sending her emails even though she explicitly said not to contact you? And what was the gist of what you said? And how did she phrase the statement of you leaving her alone?

I'm really confused here.

She called the police because you were contacting her when she told you not to or... no?

Maybe I'm just tired.

This is what will make or break your story. What do you mean by you didn't? Did you continue calling and sending her emails even though she explicitly said not to contact you? And what was the gist of what you said? And how did she phrase the statement of you leaving her alone?

In person, she asked me to leave her alone. Instead I stuck around and incinerated a verbal fight with her. Where we say mean things to one another.
Then you made your bed.

I hope this 4-month tryst of yours was worth throwing away your future.

And I was hinting at you being the crazy one, not her.

We were both crazy. But since when does being crazy mean you're a bad person. And the police can get involved?

No, being 4 months with her was not worth it. I want my life back so badly. And I absolutely hate her for what she did. But I met injustice and bullshit. And that shit will make you want to kill someone or yourself.

That's the system. That's what beat the shit out of me. And robbed my life.

What exactly is a "beat poet"?

(is the only question I'm willing to ask in this thread)
beat poetry: may be confessional; often a "howl of protest" against conformity and conservatism

In south america, or europe. They're not going to take a girl seriously for accusing a man of threatening her safety, when he never hit her or threatened her in writing or verbally.

Also if he has no weapons on him, no drugs. Just school books, pens, papers and a harddrive.

Lucille-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695265-320-240.gif

In south america, or europe. They're not going to take a girl seriously for accusing a man of threatening her safety, when he never hit her or threatened her in writing or verbally.

Also if he has no weapons on him, no drugs. Just school books, pens, papers and a harddrive.
I don't know about South America, but that would depend on what country in Europe you're talking about. Unfortunately, though, many countries have developed a culture where it is acceptable to harass women. Besides, you don't need a weapon to intimidate someone.

Was this your first major girlfriend OP?

First one I wanted to merry and never lose. But not the first ever. I had a longer relationship before her.

Actually that was the only person who came to court to help me. My ex girlfriend from high school. She said in testimony that i'm a gentleman. But she also couldn't bail me out. Not a canadian citizen.

beat poetry: may be confessional; often a "howl of protest" against conformity and conservatism

Okay, the crucial question:

How many texts/e-mails did you send her and how many times did you try to call her after she told you not to?

Onemic

In person, she asked me to leave her alone. Instead I stuck around and incinerated a verbal fight with her. Where we say mean things to one another.

So when she told you to leave her alone and you didn't, it was during a face to face conversation in which you got in an argument with her about it afterwards? And that's it? Then the day after the police came to your door?

I don't know about South America, but that would depend on what country in Europe you're talking about. Unfortunately, though, many countries have developed a culture where it is acceptable to harass women. Besides, you don't need a weapon to intimidate someone.

Even after being put in jail for it. I believe I had the right to harass her without interrupting her life. It was civil. It was harassing I admit that much. But I was not going to give up.

So for that.. for actually being the guy to try to keep standing through a wave of crazy from the woman he loved.

I get thrown in jail. By people who had no fucking business to judge my relationship.

fanboi

Banned
Even after being put in jail for it. I believe I had the right to harass her without interrupting her life. It was civil. It was harassing I admit that much. But I was not going to give up.

So for that.. for actually being the guy to try to keep standing through a wave of crazy from the woman he loved.

I get thrown in jail. By people who had no fucking business to judge my relationship.

No... but they can judge your actions...

Dear god...

hm. you found a way to do that!

edit: necro, he was just using a weapon as another point from which you could infer an individual has a propensity to violence.
Fair enough, but most propagators of abuse either use psychological means or more common objects. (Not saying that the OP has done this. :p)

Did she try to get a restraining order against you? Because I can understand deportation if you violated a restraining order, or escalated it further...

Steelrain

Well, uh........you didn't have the right....that's the thing.

Uh.....

O3CzW.gif

Okay, the crucial question:

How many texts/e-mails did you send her and how many times did you try to call her after she told you not to?

It wasn't many phone calls. She didn't answer twice and I already gave up. Lets say 15 emails since she stop writing me back? One month before I got arrested for it.

Those are just numbers. The problem was in my mind. Was the things we said to one another when we would meet up. When we would talk, the stuff I have no record off. And you can't bring to court.

She's stalked me too. Around compas when I needed a break from her crazyness before. Like it was complicated. And only her and I should have had to deal with each other.

There you have it, you harassed her and thought you were entitled to that (and you're calling her crazy).
No wonder her mother hated you, and no wonder she hates you.

I'm sorry bro, but I think you messed up.

Okay, I'm starting to feel less sorry for you every post....

NinjaBoiX

OP, is English your first language? You have a very odd way with words.

Unless your posts are actually Beat Poems.

By the way, what's a "beat poet"?

jred2k

Doesn't that kind of prove that she had to take extreme measures to get away from you? I really wish your ex posted here so we could get both sides of this story.

braves01

Banned
Were your emails written in your beat style? Because for someone unfamiliar with your style, a bunch of unwanted semi-coherent emails might seem a little unhinged.

Locke_211

But it wasnt a relationship anymore at the point you were doing this.

And anyway, as was proven by your deportation, you were wrong to belive you have the right to harrass her. Harrassment is a serious crime that ruins lives and causes intense emotional damage. There as no such thing as 'civil' harrassment that doesn't interrupt soemeone's life.

Did she try to get a restraining order against you? Because I can understand deportation if you violated a restraining order, or escalated it further...
No pleading guilty and to sentence to leave the country. Lead to the deportation.

No chance for a restraining order. Which I would have kept too. Her story which was bullshit did that to me.

If I knew at the moment about peace bonds. and ect. I would have been ok. But I didn't know. I had no clue how to defend myself.

And I had a lawyer who won me a ticket home. but didn't want to fight, a trial to see if I could keep my life.

Joni

Oh yes, they are going to take her seriously. Stalking is already a criminal offense before violence or threats are involved. You sound like you were stalking her and she became scared of you and she did what she had to do: call the police.

bjb

Banned
There's so many plot holes to this melodrama and instead of addressing them the OP continues to keep regurgitating the same incoherent nonsense. Likewise I can't speak for your actual poetry, but based on this thread I can say without question your writing style is fucking awful.

Just remember that break ups happen to us all. You will move on. Just be happy it only lasted four months. Four months is a very short period of time. You weren't meant to be together. You're both crazy. The more you dwell and rage over this it's only going to get worse. Please get some help.

Were your emails written in your beat style? Because for someone unfamiliar with your style, a bunch of unwanted semi-coherent emails might seem a little unhinged.

Nah that's just me now.
And anyway, as was proven by your deportation, you were wrong to belive you have the right to harrass her. Harrassment is a serious crime that ruins lives and causes intense emotional damage. There as no such thing as 'civil' harrassment that doesn't interrupt soemeone's life.

That right there is bullshit. She knew me, and I was hurt. If it lasted for a year, I'd understand. But it was just a month. And like I said, she had the motive to deport me. For not listening to her warnings. So she went ahead and lied, to the authorities which is an even bigger crime.

But i didn't go to trial. So I lost. I could have proven her bullshit. But you're put in jail. And all you want to do is get out.

Oh yes, they are going to take her seriously. Stalking is already a criminal offense before violence or threats are involved. You sound like you were stalking her and she became scared of you and she did what she had to do: call the police.

And you think this is fair?

Wow, this got a lot more messy with only a few more details.

OP, if someone tells you they no longer wish to have contact with you, and you insistently continue to call/email/confront them, that is harassment, period. Do you not see how this would scare a woman? Also you say she's unstable, so you were harassing an unstable person. Did you not see what a bad combination this is? I think your reaction was a little overboard for a 4-month relationship.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Because i'm small, because I actually physically look harmless. And because a woman came to them, saying she fears for her safety?

Yet, to me this was the woman I was sleeping not to long ago. This was my partner for 4 months. This was someone who was crazy, and I understood better than they did.

But I wanted things my way. And I should have backed down. But I was a person of tenacity. I was a grant winning art student.

But she took my school away from me. Her request to the police was that I leave the country for a year. Unable to finish that school year in the process.

that sounds like it's pretty tough to take. however....

it sounds like you didn't leave a girl alone after banging her a bit in University when she wasn't as interested as you.

Macca

Nah that's just me now.

That right there is bullshit. She knew me, and I was hurt. If it lasted for a year, I'd understand. But it was just a month. And like I said, she had the motive to deport me. For not listening to her warnings. So she went ahead and lied, to the authorities which is an even bigger crime.

But i didn't go to trial. So I lost. I could have proven her bullshit. But you're put in jail. And all you want to do is get out.

And you think this is fair?
Some people move on after a month, it was pretty clear she didn't want anything to do with you.

And if you didn't go to trial, what did you expect? You plead guilty to harassing her... (I'm guessing...)

Locke_211

You should probably let any future women you date know that you feel it's unacceptable to stalk a woman for over a year. They'll be relieved.

Also, you seem to think it staggeringly unjust that she warned you that if you continued harrassing her she'd call the police, then when you did continue harrassing her, she did call the police. That's not unfair in the slightest. Actually giving you a warning was beyond what she had to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom