• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

It wasn't many phone calls. She didn't answer twice and I already gave up. Lets say 15 emails since she stop writing me back? One month before I got arrested for it.

Those are just numbers. The problem was in my mind. Was the things we said to one another when we would meet up. When we would talk, the stuff I have no record off. And you can't bring to court.

She's stalked me too. Around compas when I needed a break from her crazyness before. Like it was complicated. And only her and I should have had to deal with each other.

Oh, so you not only called her multiple times after she told you to stop contacting her but you sent her around 15 emails? This may not be (´・ω・`) level of harassment, but that's still pretty damn bad man. Over a 4 month relationship no less. I think you have to realize that it is YOU who fucked up and brought this on yourself, not her. The fact that you say you wanted to marry a girl whom you were only in a 4 month relationship with is very telling. At least now maybe you can take that 1 year deportation and think about why what you did was wrong.

And this was a months period of continuous harassment? Fucking shit dude, do you not see what is wrong with what you did?

I'm actually beginning to wonder if that 4 months includes that 1 month of harassment as well....

watershed

Banned
So she's the crazy one and you weren't stalking her just giving her a lot of unwanted attention for one month? I've had friends who have been stalked and almost every time the stalker didn't think they were stalking. Sorry to judge but there's a lot of drama in what you wrote and it doesn't reflect well on you.

Some people move on after a month, it was pretty clear she didn't want anything to do with you.

And if you didn't go to trial, what did you expect? You plead guilty to harassing her... (I'm guessing...)

It should have never come to that.

How about conflict resolution. Put these two people in a room to talk to each other.

Instead of forcing a separation with the law. I did not want to start over. I hate where I am. I'd like my life back. But that's not happening.

That's the injustice of it.

Willectro

Banned
^edit: just read the above. If what you say is true, that shit really sucks. She sounds fucking crazy. Maybe legal GAF can find a way to loophole your way back into Canada? Sorry man.

Please no. OP obviously is lying about something. Canadian Immigration is pretty soft, I find it hard to believe that the deported him over nothing. Toronto has enough social problems, we don't need any "beat poets".

bjb

Banned

How about conflict resolution. Put these two people in a room to talk to each other.

Instead of forcing a separation with the law. I did not want to start over. I hate where I am. I'd like my life back. But that's not happening.

This whole thing has been about you. Want you wanted. How you felt. Let it go man. She didn't want you anymore. Move on with your life.

Aiii

So not worth it
Seems to me there's some emotional stuff going on mate that you should really try and get some help for.

And that relates both to how you handled this relationship/break-up and the depression you got as a result from that and having to start over.

At any rate, your story regarding your ex makes you come of as excessively needy, it shouldn't be near as hard to say goodbye to someone you've only be dating for 4 months. Normally one would get angry, go on a drinking spree for a night or two and move on. Seems to me you had a way bigger attachment to this girl then a 4-month relationship should warrant, so I'd suggest you'd at least get some professional help for that, because stuff like that will bugger you the rest of your life.

Prezhulio

that really really sucks.

luckily, you're only 23 so the world is your oyster or whatever nonsense expression you want to use. i'm sure that doesn't make what you're going through any easier, but you really do have an immense amount of opportunity left no matter how bleak it seems in this moment.

Onemic

I'm beginning to think the relationship was actually only 3 months and the 4th month was the month of harassment before she finally called the cops. Even if it wasn't it shouldn't be a surprise that someone would call the cops after harassing someone for a month over only a 3-4 month relationship.

Locke_211

But her saying she didn't want to go out with you WAS the resolution. That's it. You just didn't accept it. Why would there even be a need for 'conflict resolution'?

Oh, so you not only called her multiple times after she told you to stop contacting her but you sent her around 15 emails? This may not be (´・ω・`) level of harassment, but that's still pretty damn bad man. Over a 4 month relationship no less. I think you have to realize that it is YOU who fucked up and brought this on yourself, not her. The fact that you say you wanted to marry a girl whom you were only in a 4 month relationship with is very telling. At least now maybe you can take that 1 year deportation and think about why what you did was wrong.

And this was a months period of continuous harassment? Fucking shit dude, do you not see what is wrong with what you did?

I'm actually beginning to wonder if that 4 months includes that 1 month of harassment as well....

I'm not going back to canada. I got a conditional sentence. I could. But now I have a criminal record. Me life robbed from me. For fighting with an ex-girlfriend.

I dared her to call the police. That was a mistake eh? She probably wouldn't have if I didn't actually dare her too.

We probably would have been back together in the summer, like she told me we could.(In this month since we broke up)

Macca

What if she didn't want to be in a room with you? What if she felt threatened from you?

The trial should have been conflict resolution, to find out if you were justified or not. But instead you plead guilty. That's your fault.

Please no. OP obviously is lying about something. Canadian Immigration is pretty soft, I find it hard to believe that the deported him over nothing. Toronto has enough social problems, we don't need any "beat poets".
No man, I'm on your side now. I made that response before all of these harassment posts were made. From the sounds of it, it seems like the girl was in the right here. It sucks that it got him deported, but he should have known better than to pester someone who obviously wanted nothing to so with him anymore. In this case, the most extreme consequence played out.

Seems to me there's some emotional stuff going on mate that you should really try and get some help for.

And that relates both to how you handled this relationship/break-up and the depression you got as a result from that and having to start over.

At any rate, your story regarding your ex makes you come of as excessively needy, it shouldn't be near as hard to say goodbye to someone you've only be dating for 4 months. Normally one would get angry, go on a drinking spree for a night or two and move on. Seems to me you had a way bigger attachment to this girl then a 4-month relationship should warrant, so I'd suggest you'd at least get some professional help for that, because stuff like that will bugger you the rest of your life.

I am getting help. The jail time was Traumatic. Being treated like a subject. That shit wounds you.

I'm beginning to think the relationship was actually only 3 months and the 4th month was the month of harassment before she finally called the cops.

i would avatar quote if i knew how

that's probably how it went down

seems like op is lying about something

hwalker84

I feel we're not getting the full story...

The way this guy writes is absolutely horrible. In the first first response to this thread the whole story should've been laid out. It wasn't and it's hard to follow.

Sorry about what happened to you but you should've backed off.

Onemic

I'm not going back to canada. I got a conditional sentence. I could. But now I have a criminal record. Me life robbed from me. For fighting with an ex-girlfriend.

I dared her to call the police. That was a mistake eh? She probably wouldn't have if I didn't actually dare her too.

We probably would have been back together in the summer, like she told me we could.(In this month since we broke up)

So you don't want to go back? Or you can't go back? It looks like you're saying both in that post.

And yes, daring someone to call the police while harassing them for a month is not a good idea.

No man, I'm on your side now. I made that post before all of these harassment posts were made. From the sounds of it, it seems like the girl was in the right here. It sucks that it got him deported, but he should have known better than to pester someone who obviously wanted nothing to so with him anymore. In this case, the most extreme consequence played out.

She's not in the right. I got my whole life robbed. I lost my apartment, my education, my life. My friends, half the things I own.

It's not right.

I was her boyfriend not to long before. I was a part of her life, and instead of staying with me, of being responsible for the attachment she created. She went by the wishes of a muslim parent. And got rid of me. With lies and the authority.

Onemic

She's not in the right. I got my whole life robbed. I lost my apartment, my education, my life. My friends, half the things I own.

It's not right.

I was her boyfriend not to long before. I was a part of her life, and instead of staying with me, of being responsible for the attachment she created. She went by the wishes of a muslim parent. And got rid of me. With lies and the authority.

Once again did she tell you to stop talking to her at the end of the 3rd month of the relationship or the 4th month of the relationship?

No man, I'm on your side now. I made that response before all of these harassment posts were made. From the sounds of it, it seems like the girl was in the right here. It sucks that it got him deported, but he should have known better than to pester someone who obviously wanted nothing to so with him anymore. In this case, the most extreme consequence played out.

feeling threatened does too. being convicted of a crime rightfully, should humble you

It wasn't right. If I was convicted naturally for harassment I learned from convicts that's like a 5 day sentence. instead because I was awaiting deportation I had to spends weeks more.

The police should never have been involved. Not when someone is lying to hurt them.

Willectro

Banned

No it doesn't. Canada needs to deport far more people. I would imagine most "beat poets" receive welfare. We pay far too much tax here to just let anyone in.

bjb

Banned

It's not right.

Do you even realize how every single one of your posts you're playing the victim? How everyone has done you wrong. Perhaps if you had just left her alone and not acted like a psychopath, then maybe you would still have your life (minus her).

People were afraid of you. She didn't want to be with you. Stop all this madness before you do something even worse.

It's not right.

No, she is in the right.
You harassed her for a month, she told you that she would call the police if you didn't stop, and you went on and dared her to do it?

You threw away your life, you threw away your apartment, your education, your life. Your friends, and half the things you own.

It is right, because this should hopefully serve as a lesson to accept a no and not cling onto dangerous notions that you are in any way entitled to "conflict resolution" against her wishes.

You will hopefully get over this dude, and look back with shame on what is a series of really bad decisions and actions that only you are responsible for.

Joni

And you think this is fair?
Yes, I think it is fair she called the police when your behaviour went so far as to scare her. Justice was served. It was harsh, yes, but you are in the wrong. You need help, and not because you need to start over, but to understand what you did was wrong.

The police should never have been involved. Not when someone is lying to hurt them.
With everything you have said here, it is quite clear she wasn't lying.

Once again did she tell you to stop talking to her at the end of the 3rd month of the relationship or the 4th month of the relationship?

4 months. And yes, after her mom caught her on the phone with me. She used to cover our relationship up. But when shit hit the fan. I didn't want to give up. Call me a monster, a stalker for that.

I loved her. I did. And I would never hurt her. So I get put in jail for racism and bullshit.

Red

OP, every new post makes me think more that the girl is better off.

Sorry to say. You'll need to stop obsessing and get over it. It's a shitty situation but it's not the end of the world.

NinjaBoiX

It's not right.

You make it sound like your relationship was her obligation.

And also, are you really surprised a Muslim lady sided with her parents over a guy she was seeing casually for 4 months? Muslim parents play a large part in their children's love life.

Locke_211

It's not right.

There is some seriously worrying language here. A partner has the right to leave the relationship at any point, without fear of reprisal. A woman is not responsible for being stalked or harrassed, ever.

Do you even realize how every single one of your posts you're playing the victim? How everyone has done you wrong. Perhaps if you had just left her alone and not acted like a psychopath, then maybe you would still have your life (minus her).

People were afraid of you. She didn't want to be with you. Stop all this madness before you do something even worse.

This is what I don't believe in. Who are you to tell me or assume i'm going to do something worse?

I am a victim. I am allowed to be hurt. I am allowed to be attached. These are human qualities. I'm allowed to make mistakes.

She shouldn't be allowed to get away with lies. To hurt me in a fit of rage. To use the authority. To get what she wants. Which I know from after I got deported and correspondence she regrets.

Biff

The most crucial question of all has not yet been asked:

OP, York or UofT?

Also, you sound like every character in Cosmopolis.

dude, a 4 month relationship.. you shouldnt have lost your mind over that. if she asked repeatedly to leave her alone, that should have been it.

if what you're saying is true though, the punishment is way too harsh... hope you get your shit together eventually. don't slip further into despair and you will.

but remember: next time a girl says "leave me alone", you should listen. you DON'T forcefully push yourself into someone's life, that is stalker behavior, highly immoral and creepy. not to mention it will get you nothing but enemies.

Red

This is what I don't believe in. Who are you to tell me or assume i'm going to do something worse?

I am a victim. I am allowed to be hurt. I am allowed to be attached. These are human qualities. I'm allowed to make mistakes.

She shouldn't be allowed to get away with lies. To hurt me in a fit of rage. To use the authority. To get what she wants. Which I know from after I got deported and correspondence she regrets.
You are allowed to make mistakes, and women are allowed to call the authorities when they are being harassed.

Onemic

Why do you keep saying she lied to the police, when you harassed her for a month? How did she lie about anything you did?

NinjaBoiX

She shouldn't be allowed to get away with lies. To hurt me in a fit of rage.
People get hurt in a fit of rage in relationships all the time, it's called a heated argument. Sometimes they end the relationship.

This girl isn't a cruel monster OP.

And, without wanting to offend you, you should like a very controlling person. "she shouldn't be allowed", "she should've done", "she shouldn't have done". I have a feeling you maybe stifled her independence. Try and give your SO a bit of space man, you'll send her running.

Macca

I'd hate to see the way you'd act if it was a multi year relationship she broke off OP.

Just readjust your life, readjust yourself and get back on track. It's not impossible. Improve yourself. Can you not attend school in the country you're in now?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
You done goofed. please goof no more. no mas goofing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom