• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay 3 coming along very well according to Jez Corden

This is going to be the final State of Decay, so I hope it's good.

I'm not an insider, I am just making calculated guesses based on Microsoft's latest moves. This franchise will be cut down in the future.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Friendly reminder.

P3DWllP.jpeg

Bullet Club

Banned
I enjoyed the first two games, even though they were a bit janky.

Hopefully number 3 has a bit more fleshed out storyline and mission variety.

eerik9000

I am hearing from Greenberg that State of Decay 3 is a break-out hit in all key measurements and expectations. Wow. Much amaze!

Caio

One of my most anticipated Game, I hope it will be fantastic, I really want this to be GREAT, please !

Chukhopops

I really want this game to be good, it’s insane how much back and forth this development cycle got.

All I want is SoD 2 with more simulation and depth ala Zomboid.

Roberts

Couldn’t get into the first one way back in 360 days - too much jank that even janklover like me couldn’t handle, but the second one was a huge improvement, especially after the updates. So, looking forward to it.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Jez is as reliable as Zastava Yugo imported to California without proper spares.

Time told us countless times that he doesn't have any sources or insides.

fatmarco

State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition was incredibly cringe worthy at points and yet I'd still rate it as one of the best games of last generation personally. That speaks to how good a concept this game has, and hopefully that translates into the sequel.

Coming along……after how many years now? Watch them cancel it last minute and Phil damage control saying it is better for Xbox in the long run. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit with these imbeciles running Xbox.

Gamezone

Gold Member
The State of Decay have always looked like a low budget game or a high end indie title, even though games like The Day Before was the number one wishlisted game on Steam when people thought it looked good. They should definitely go all in on these open world zombie games.

Killer8

Announced in 2020 as a CGI trailer with zero updates since. Coming along well my ass. This will get the Avowed re-reveal treatment ie. disappoint immensely.

June 9th will paint a far more positive picture of the state of Xbox, Gamepass Day 1.
We better hope so. If they can't get a big jump in subs by adding Cod day 1, Activision back catalog, and all the day one games this year, it will be very clear to MS that they need to bail on Gamepass

If they do bail on gamepass we will look back at the gamepass era as an absolute anomaly of value for gamers. We will never see a value proposition for gamers like this again.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The State of Decay have always looked like a low budget game or a high end indie title, even though games like The Day Before was the number one wishlisted game on Steam when people thought it looked good. They should definitely go all in on these open world zombie games.
H1Z1 Zombie was one of my most played games as I love that style of game

I really have high hopes for SoD3 but don’t limit me where I can build a base.

If I want to take over a WalMart and build that place up let me.

We better hope so. If they can't get a big jump in subs by adding Cod day 1, Activision back catalog, and all the day one games this year, it will be very clear to MS that they need to bail on Gamepass

If they do bail on gamepass we will look back at the gamepass era as an absolute anomaly of value for gamers. We will never see a value proposition for gamers like this again.
I don't think a nearly 7 year old subscription service is going to shut down because the industry is having a hard time currently (yes its not just Xbox as some would have us believe). As you say they still haven't played their biggest hand with COD either.

I'm optimistic this will be a very powerful showcase that will show us there are some amazing games in development at Xbox.

All the bad press currently is not great and some of it is warranted but Xbox is a long way from being dead and buried.

Top Bottom