• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know who can make it shit again at least

That's a pretty long list, isn't it, at this point?

Dying Light + Season Pass is the Enhanced Edition. It's why Techland quietly pulled the Ultimate Edition from sale late last year -- they're the same thing.

No, it's not separate app.

Enhanced Edition = DL + SP in single package.

Actual "Enhanced Edition" update is a patch for previous users.

So is the Enhanced Edition going to still lock away content from the SP?
The part that confused me was that JaseC was talking about potential discounts for original owners...

Interesting.
I don't really care for the items in the chests or the materials, so I might as well use it on my second playthrough.

I fought him the second time through as well, just because I wanted to see how bad he was with all the extra levels I'd gained from BBI before I took him on again. :lol
Even the UR-Dragon (offline), outside of the fact that he's annoying when it comes to dealing with actually hitting all the weakspots, isn't really bad. Once you hit like the 80s/90s, most of the challenge is reserved for The Everfall (maybe) or BBI (definitely).

Adnor

Banned
6UCZ04T.png

A shame but they said since the beginning that they would only get the keys on release.

90% off Portal 2 was the best I ever got.

Good coupons do exist. (But maybe not good copons... heh. ;) )
But sometimes it's just easier to use Coupon Dumpster group to trade for the ones you want if you don't know someone getting rid of them -- I've gotten more than a few helpful coupons this way including 50% off Nuclear Throne.

Okay, so I did my best to resolve this equitably:
- I merged the threads
- morningbus keeps his title structure
- I then hijacked an earlier post from MRORANGE's posting history, edited it into his OP, and copied it
- So MRORANGE is post 1 and morningbus is post 2.
- There are now two OPs.
- ???
- I have no idea if ModBot will work with the merged threads

Some ground rules for future months:
- As we tell literally every community, no person is entitled to make a thread.
- If someone is signed up to make an OT and can't, they really should let other people know in advance. It's ok, there's no punishment.
- Let's call 6PM eastern on the 1st the rough deadline for when we make a call about whether or not to call in a replacement. If the designated OP drops in before 6PM eastern to say they're delayed, then we go until midnight eastern. If they don't drop in, or if they do but still can't get it done by midnight, others can step up
- In the future instead of merging, I will lock.
- It's more important to have an OP than to have a super detailed great amazing resourceful OP.
But Steam is not in caps...

Man fuck Square, it makes no sense making the games more expensive in Chile.

More expensive by .50 or so? It's not like it's an exchange that pretty much threw out the dollar value, which most people seem to think is the ideal pricing (1:1 conversion)...

Free on the house:

Need for Speed Most Wanted

https://www.origin.com/en-fi/store/buy/nfs-most-wanted-2013/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

If you don't have season pass, you'd be missing it. But you get everything else.

So the SP content is still locked then? I thought they were sort of doing a Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin upgrade where they were rolling the DLC content into the base game as part of the Enhanced Edition (sorta like GOTY). My mistake.

brau

A new thread!!

Im here now :D

So this month an exciting one? i know Xcom 2 is out at the end of the week. That sounds promising.

I've gotten more than a few helpful coupons this way including 50% off Nuclear Throne.

That's like a super good coupon. I assume you used it already? Otherwise I'll happily trade something for it :p

Btw what's the best steam group to trade coupons? If there are good coupons out there, I might be interested in buying a few.

milena87

I fought him the second time through as well, just because I wanted to see how bad he was with all the extra levels I'd gained from BBI before I took him on again. :lol
Even the UR-Dragon (offline), outside of the fact that he's annoying when it comes to dealing with actually hitting all the weakspots, isn't really bad. Once you hit like the 80s/90s, most of the challenge is reserved for The Everfall (maybe) or BBI (definitely).

The Everfall and Grigori were pretty easy even on my first playthrough (but I was playing on hard, so I think I finished the game around level 80), I can't imagine how boring they would be now after BBI.

Now the only trouble for me
is Death if it manages to sneak up on my party and kill my pawns. Poor pawns...

~~But every other game beside Bethesda's are 36% cheaper~~

Hah, just cause other publishers give your country a discount for some reason doesn't mean all of them will. :p

Good work, as always, when it comes to providing "fixes" the community desires. Can't say I'm a fan of the "commentary" though.

You're fucking ridiculous, how come you make it look so quick and easy?

It makes me wonder why one man can do it in 14 minutes and yet the team behind the porting couldn't (or didn't bother). Unacceptable and utter shameful.

Fucking ridiculous from Bamco. I hope your article lights a fire under their asses to show them what a little effort can accomplish.

We've had this discussion before (oddly enough, with the other Tales game on Steam when Veggie started making comments like you two). Sometimes what a modder is allowed to do to make a game run isn't the same as what a development team is allowed to do, especially when you factor in budgets/staffing/etc. Hell, Durante even wrote an article that covers some of the how modding works (which is why I thought his snark about it taking 30 minutes was bad form):

http://www.pcgamer.com/an-inside-look-at-how-modding-makes-pc-games-better/

zkylon

zkylewd
Okay, so I did my best to resolve this equitably:
- I merged the threads
- morningbus keeps his title structure
- I then hijacked an earlier post from MRORANGE's posting history, edited it into his OP, and copied it
- So MRORANGE is post 1 and morningbus is post 2.
- There are now two OPs.
- ???
- I have no idea if ModBot will work with the merged threads

Some ground rules for future months:
- As we tell literally every community, no person is entitled to make a thread.
- If someone is signed up to make an OT and can't, they really should let other people know in advance. It's ok, there's no punishment.
- Let's call 6PM eastern on the 1st the rough deadline for when we make a call about whether or not to call in a replacement. If the designated OP drops in before 6PM eastern to say they're delayed, then we go until midnight eastern. If they don't drop in, or if they do but still can't get it done by midnight, others can step up
- In the future instead of merging, I will lock.
- It's more important to have an OP than to have a super detailed great amazing resourceful OP.

you could've at least used my header image and merge all three threads

carI1f3.jpg

i call collusion here

MUnited83

For you.
Hah, just cause other publishers give your country a discount for some reason doesn't mean all of them will. :p

Good work, as always, when it comes to providing "fixes" the community desires. Can't say I'm a fan of the "commentary" though.

A very well deserved commentary, considered how broken the thing is + they even decided to put a stupid-ass drm on it.

derExperte

Wot I Think: Steve Jackson’s Sorcery! (Parts 1 and 2)

Sorcery! pulls off that most impressive trick, working as both a nostalgia trip and a modern series. It takes a while for it to come into its own, admittedly, and the old-fashioned focus on text won’t necessarily appeal to everyone. Illiterates and fools, for instance. To sink into its world though is to quickly get lost in its invisible pathways of tricks and traps and hidden secrets, the adventure evolving along with both your increasing power and Inkle’s mastery of the gamebook format. Neither part takes long to complete, if completion is all you care about, but that first playthrough will barely scratch the surface of what their maps offer – never mind show you all the best stuff.

You fixed it?

Looks like it -- I wonder if it's just the internal rendering resolution though since his linked post doesn't mention anything with frame rate that I saw?

If so, it could be like his DSFix which took him all of 11 minutes or whatever once the game was live (because he'd already written the DX wrapper code or whatever).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Thanks for the heads up. Apparently my Origin account was hacked some time between now and when Jade Empire first went up for free. I don't really care since I never use Origin, but was a downright pain changing my password back. Whoever had access to my account was able to set up a security question though preventing me from changing anything other than my password, guess I'll have to contact support so I can turn on their Steam Guard equivalent.

Adnor

Banned

Yeah I know, but it makes it harder to buy their games, I mean, every other game is much cheaper! The Division is CLP$ 26,500 (US$ 37.20) while something like Fallout 4 is CLP$ 45,899 (US$ 64,44) or Tomb Raider CLP $37,349 (US$ $52.44 with the 10% discount), so if I had to decide between those games I would choose the first one :p

Arthea

Hahahaha. To be expected really but that DRM implementation seems to be the biggest amount of effort gone into this release.

it can be fixed or not, I'm not willing to touch it, unless that DRM is removed. Not only principles, no but it looks harmful to me in more ways than just one.

def sim

As it should. Go back and come back with 2.0 that solves the issues.

I've only been using it as my pointing device while wrapped in a blanket and it's great for that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't like BPM though, that's for sure. When I get around to playing video games a bit more regularly again, that's probably what's going to irk me the most.

Dr Dogg

Oh? What DRM?

It's got this kookey DRM called VMProtect which as the name implied runs the executable in a virutalised environment to 'protect' it from being analysed or cracked. Which proved to be useless as it was cracked in minutes and I was snooping about in the exe it made via CheatEngine and able to modify things just fine.

Alice Madness Returns for example used a DRM layer that the moment you go to modify anything in memory the whole thing crashes. Don't know if EA took that out as part of their Good Guy Gesture when they dumped Online Passes and offered DRM Revocation on the majority of their past PC titles? But I've since found a decent FOV solution for that title anyways.

Arthea

Durante's gonna have the longest tag on GAF if these companies don't start porting their games properly.

I thought stump said the last time that they reached a limit, it can't be any longer.
They should just give him a tag he wants at this point, any he wants I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom