• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

It's in my cart and i've a suspicion i'm triple dipping but as i can't find one of my disks i'm happy to pay a fiver for it. Last itme i played it i remember the load times being a frustration so i'm hoping an SSD and a decade of technological advances will help :)

There are no more load times. Hell, load the entire thing into RAM.

Old. This is another reason I'm pissed the US gets it 3 days before the rest of the world...

It's hard living here these days. At least let us collect higher prices for our steam cards before we all die of easily treatable diseases.

Turfster

there's a director's cut?

what's in it

that steam page is useless
Reworked boss battles (still look kinda shit), developer commentary, newgame+, some other fixes, Missing Link is now part of the main game storyline... and a couple of other things that escape me atm.

The_Monk

I never heard of the Secret Files: Sam Peters but I'm liking these colors and the Art style to be honest.

GpNDp6xl.jpg

k3hH5Hzl.jpg

Turfster

I never heard of the Secret Files: Sam Peters but I'm liking these colors and the Art style to be honest.
I love how the steam page doesn't even list a publisher...
Apparently, it's the same studio as Lost Horizon and the Secret Files Tunguska series.
Their other games are pretty well received, so this might be good too.

Blizzard

Banned

GpNDp6xl.jpg

k3hH5Hzl.jpg
I think I got an old retail copy of Secret Files Tunguska a long time ago, but I've had the other Secret Files games on my wishlist forever. I don't think they go on sale often.

I saw the screenshots you mentioned and basically immediately bought the new game though. I like the lower price point and it looks pretty!

The_Monk

I think I got an old retail copy of Secret Files Tunguska a long time ago, but I've had the other Secret Files games on my wishlist forever. I don't think they go on sale often.

I saw the screenshots you mentioned and basically immediately bought the new game though. I like the lower price point and it looks pretty!

Good to know, let me know what you think of the game later on and post some impressions in the future if you can fellow GAFfer!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't understand why it's still a 360 exclusive. It's not a Microsoft IP, IIRC. That's just leaving money on the table for Epic.

They abandoned the IP as a whole because iOS is more lucrative. Which is actually probably true, even with a million full price sales on PC it'd be peanuts compared to what they're making on iOS with Infinity Blade. I think it'd be worth their time if they had a few spare devs to put in the legwork, but I guess it's not high enough on anyone's priority list.

Colin.

Any thoughts on Element4l at this point? It looks good, but I hear it is pretty short. Also have a feeling it will end up in a bundle, or 75% off in the Winter sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
Reworked boss battles (still look kinda shit), developer commentary, newgame+, some other fixes, Missing Link is now part of the main game storyline... and a couple of other things that escape me atm.

doesn't sound so bad

then again I've gotten my fix from that game already and without actual new content it's not very exciting

They abandoned the IP as a whole because iOS is more lucrative. Which is actually probably true, even with a million full price sales on PC it'd be peanuts compared to what they're making on iOS with Infinity Blade. I think it'd be worth their time if they had a few spare devs to put in the legwork, but I guess it's not high enough on anyone's priority list.

Interestingly enough I remember a while back ago Cliffy B did an interview when he was still with Epic and he was asked about the franchise.

He said that a design document for a sequel was finished and they basically just needed another studio to help develop the game.

Supposedly though the choice to pull Chair from the series was an Epic decision though.
Linky on the story.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/shadow-complex-dev-hopeful-for-a-sequel/1100-6414333/

def sim

Hopefully when they start looking at PC and consoles again, they'll remember Shadow Complex. The Infinity Blade money has to be funding something a bit more ambitious.

Interestingly enough I remember a while back ago Cliffy B did an interview when he was still with Epic and he was asked about the franchise.

He said that a design document for a sequel was finished and they basically just needed another studio to help develop the game.

Supposedly though the choice to pull Chair from the series was an Epic decision though.
Linky on the story.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/shadow-complex-dev-hopeful-for-a-sequel/1100-6414333/

Interesting. I'll give this a read, thanks.

Koroviev

Cool, looks like I found the new thread! Anyway, my friend and I are looking to take advantage of the minor sale on Payday 2. Going with the 4-pack brings it down to ~$18 per person. Please message me if you are interested! I can host :)

MRORANGE

Cool, looks like I found the new thread! Anyway, my friend and I are looking to take advantage of the minor sale on Payday 2. Going with the 4-pack brings it down to ~$18 per person. Please message me if you are interested! I can host :)

I would honestly wait. Halloween / Autumn sale is just around the corner which will most likely gain you a bigger discount.

Copons

Well, you could sum up the preview with one of the latest lines: "I think it’s going to be great, eventually. I just really wish I hadn’t played it yet".
As I'm not really interested in early access games (like, never ever) and I'm totally fine waiting for the release build, my last reorder of the wishlist shall remain intact. :)

oipic

Old news? I just noticed that the downloads screen in the Steam client now has a 'close' button for each entry:

jj37StB.png

Valve tinkering with the Steam client interface? Who would've thought?

(or has it always been there? Something looks different)

MRORANGE

Old news? I just noticed that the downloads screen in the Steam client now has a 'close' button for each entry:

jj37StB.png

Valve tinkering with the Steam client interface? Who would've thought?

(or has it always been there?)

They did update that section recently, but I think there's always been a way to 'dismiss' a completed download. The download bar seems longer/different, if anything.

EDIT: Yeah, here's the old one to compare: http://i.imgur.com/DTZvnMy.jpg The 'Close' text is new, and the progress bar got bumped up to the top with the Network usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom