• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

But it's the only Resident Evil game I don't have for Steam. The only reason I haven't taken the plunge is because I know it sucks.

Well at that price on GMG than it's worth a grab if you're completing a collection.
Also the DLC Spec Ops Campaign is far better than the USS campaign.

well aside from the last boss

Copons

This thread is moving so slowly I don't know what to do while working anymore.
Plz Gaben PC gaming needs another deal ASAP, we can't afford to wait until Halloween.

Anteater

wow darksiders 2's combat is so much better than 1's, control feels great, but I'm getting massive stuttering when the game is running below 60fps D:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should have known better than to fall for this shit. This VPN stuff better not fuck my account.

Thus far the only reported incidents of people running into trouble when using a VPN with Steam for reasons unrelated to cross-region purchasing come from the one GAFer who claims two of his friends had their accounts restricted for unlocking a game early.

wow darksiders 2's combat is so much better than 1's, control feels great, but I'm getting massive stuttering when the game is running below 60fps D:

Are you playing with shadow quality set to max? The option was added with a patch and the highest setting incurs a massive performance hit despite there being no discernible difference between it and the penultimate value.

Anteater

Are you playing with shadow quality set to max? The option was added with a patch and the highest setting incurs a massive performance hit despite there being no discernible difference between the penultimate value.

Yeah, I'll try setting it lower, man it makes me restart the game changing my options and I can't use dpad in the options for some reason >_>, game is great though

wazoo

So after getting Bioshock Infinite I impulse bought the Columbia's Finest DLC, and it downloaded and it shows up in my Licenses+Subscriptions, but the store page doesn't have the little green "You already own" bar. Should I be concerned?

It happens quite a lot with DLC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thus far the only reported incidents of people running into trouble when using a VPN with Steam for reasons unrelated to cross-region purchasing come from the one GAFer who claims two of his friends had their accounts restricted for unlocking a game early.
It's not gonna show up wierd in Uplay will it? Or be in Russian?

XShagrath

Ubi'd better not pull that shit with Rocksmith 2014. Any way I (or someone) can check that? I'm not familiar with Steam registry stuff.

Freezard

Playing the first one at the moment on hard. I agree the combat isn't that great, but I'm liking the game so far. I've learned I have to dodge like crazy and just get a few hits in each time, it's lame when you die in one hit from a fire ogre while he can take like 30 hits.

Did you tie the key to your GFWL account? You could try asking Microsoft to retrieve it for you.

I did, yes. Although driving 300 miles to pick up the box from our old house would probably be easier than getting anything out of Microsoft... ;) Cheers, anyway- shame you can't just pick it up from the client like you can with Steam.

Tomodachi

I missed lots of news on the matter (damn you final fantasy xiv!), so I'm wondering why I have two distinct entries for Arkham City now D:

JaseC

I missed lots of news on the matter (damn you final fantasy xiv!), so I'm wondering why I have two distinct entries for Arkham City now D:

Owners of Asylum/City vanilla were given the GOTY version/s for free. This also applies to those with Asylum/City vanilla retail keys, however they're not yet Steam-friendly (but will be).

fantomena

Is 99,99brl 46$?

Im considering buying BF4 from Nuuveem if that's the price, but Im not sure if i can use a BRL Origin key on an EU account. Is there any region locking?

Tomodachi

Owners of Asylum/City vanilla were given the GOTY version/s for free. This also applies to those with Asylum/City vanilla retail keys, however they're not yet Steam-friendly (but will be).
Thanks. That sounds good, however two distinct entries... I, I just don't think I can take it *sighs*

also, that coherence

95kc6SG.jpg

Freezard

And owners of GOTY doesn't get vanilla. At least I didn't. Grrrr -_-

JaseC

It seems there are two distinct RU+CIS subs for the two editions of Black Flag: one is region-locked and the other is not. It's possible that Ubi simply updated the "Add to cart" button on the RU store page when the decision was made to region-lock the game, meaning those who'd pre-ordered prior to 15 hours ago will have a region-free copy, but there's no way to be sure until the game has been released.

Edit: Well, there goes that theory:

This is Google's cache of http://store.steampowered.com/app/242050/?cc=ru. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 10 Oct 2013 20:50:12 GMT.

ac4ruazq1k.jpg
http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/ said:
onlyallowrunincountries expand RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA LV LT EE
----------
And owners of GOTY doesn't get vanilla. At least I didn't. Grrrr -_-

Yeah, you'd need to track down keys for the vanilla versions if you want them.

PriitV

It seems there are two distinct RU+CIS subs for the two editions of Black Flag: one is region-locked and the other is not. It's possible that Ubi simply updated the "Add to cart" button on the RU store page when the decision was made to region-lock the game, meaning those who'd pre-ordered prior to 15 hours ago will have a region-free copy, but there's no way to be sure until the game has been released.

Apparently Baltic states are in the CIS region again :(
http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/

And no buy button for me (EE).

Anteater

I wanna get Arkham City just because I want to play as catwoman.

Thanks, picked up RE6. 8 bucks for a AAA game that came out one year ago isn't bad at all. PC gaming rocks.

No kidding, holy shit I'm swimming in games, and I think I only spent like 20 bucks every month or so and it feels like I have every game already that I'm interested in.

XShagrath

It has uPlay sadly, I'm just gonna stick to the first for now
I don't really have a problem with the uPlay. I'd prefer it didn't, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

I will be upset though if it's region-locked, as I picked up a Russian copy for $30 a couple months ago. If they do some retro-active region locking, then I'll be out that money and probably not have a way to even re-purchase it since it would say I already owned it.

JaseC

I don't really have a problem with the uPlay. I'd prefer it didn't, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

I will be upset though if it's region-locked, as I picked up a Russian copy for $30 a couple months ago. If they do some retro-active region locking, then I'll be out that money and probably not have a way to even re-purchase it since it would say I already owned it.

You can ask Valve to remove games from your account. If Ubi doesn't reverse the region-locking on Black Flag I intend to purchase a ROW copy on the cheap during next year's Autumn Sale. I don't mind loading up a VPN so I can launch the game, but I also don't mind paying a few bucks for convenience.

Yeah, I went and looked at that after you were talking about the Black Flag business. Was Assassin's Creed origionally a universal sub, or was it always RU+CIS?

The latter, but the onlyallowrunincountries flag was applied just yesterday, so it was region-free for two weeks.

XShagrath

You can ask Valve to remove games from your account. If Ubi doesn't reverse the region-locking on Black Flag I intend to purchase a ROW copy on the cheap during next year's Autumn Sale. I don't mind loading up a VPN so I can launch the game, but I also don't mind paying a few bucks for convenience.

It was always RU+CIS, but the onlyallowrunincountries flag was applied just yesterday, so it was region-free for two weeks.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna be hopeful and say that Rocksmith's not a big enough deal for them to worry about locking it down with the "onlyallowrunincountries" flag. Guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

JaseC

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna be hopeful and say that Rocksmith's not a big enough deal for them to worry about locking it down with the "onlyallowrunincountries" flag. Guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

As I said, you have nothing to worry about since the sub is universal. Ubi could make an RU-specific sub, but this wouldn't affect you since you have the former tied to your account; it'd only apply to those who hadn't already bought the game.

Storm360

Ah, was shopping and misread and thought you meant does it have uPlay, sorry.

I'm skipping, since uPlay seems to delete my save files at random (Lost FC3BD save at random, and my Trials Evolution save deleted itself after I downloaded the game to my laptop)

JaseC

No kidding, holy shit I'm swimming in games, and I think I only spent like 20 bucks every month or so and it feels like I have every game already that I'm interested in.

This is the slippery slope to where you start spending $40 a month and find yourself buying games you're not particularly interested in. ;)

Dr Dogg

I'm a little bit bummed that the Digital Deluxe edition of Black Flag doesn't contain the Season Pass like AC3's did but after seeing the details of it's contents only the Freedom Cry bit seams to tickle my fancy.

Not that I'm burnt out on the series already. Steam sale or bust.

Saying that JaseC is the only person I know off who bared to 100% AC3.

XShagrath

Thanks for all the info, guys. I haven't really studied up on all of things that go on with different regions, and only have a handful of games that I picked up from Dunder and maneil back in the day. Haven't run into any problems yet. Looks like I'm safe.

Steam-GAF really is best GAF.

JaseC

I'm a little bit bummed that the Digital Deluxe edition of Black Flag doesn't contain the Season Pass like AC3's did but after seeing the details of it's contents only the Freedom Cry bit seams to tickle my fancy.

Not that I'm burnt out on the series already. Steam sale or bust.

The Gold Edition does, but it's exclusive to Steam BR and US for some bizarre reason.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. :p

JaseC

The US store claims it has the Gold edition as the 80$ version and it comes with the season pass. Is that not what we received in gift form?

Ah, duh, that's even mentioned on the page I linked to, haha. Every other region has the DDE, which is practically the GE without the Season Pass but with an added trivial item pack.

Just realized it's impossible to not read that in Rico's voice after so many hours of JC2.

I reached 100% in that, too! Well, I tried, but the missing water tower I modded into the game didn't add to my completion percentage, so I had to settle for ~99.7%.

Anteater

This is the slippery slope to where you start spending $40 a month and find yourself buying games you're not particularly interested in. ;)

I'll stop this month after arkham city, I swear, it's only 7.50, half of those are already paid for with card money!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Eh, I should go back and platinum/100% the PS3 version. I have the DLC multiplayer achievements. I just need to get the DLC/Tyranny of George Washington DLC expansions bought to do that...

The 20 Revives can be done in Wolfpack with stupid idiot players that get stunned for rushing in.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Funnily enough I value Uplay and Origin achievements greater than Steam's because there's no way to cheat those achievements (so far).

My Steam achievements only matter to me (and I guess my friends when they want to compare completion) so they would only lose their value if I had some bizarre need to use the unlocker myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom