• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoemonk

Seen a lot of talk about this GFWL thing. Will I be impacted if I never bought anything directly from the service? I have games on Steam that use it and the disc version of Fallout 3 and most of the expansions, but never purchased anything directly from them.

Storm360

Seen a lot of talk about this GFWL thing. Will I be impacted if I never bought anything directly from the service? I have games on Steam that use it and the disc version of Fallout 3 and most of the expansions, but never purchased anything directly from them.

If games aren't patched, you'll lose MP where applicable

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

You shouldn't.
Your GfWL games will still work if they patch the client out, you'll be able to reinstall them from Steam or the Disk.
If you bought them from GfWL, you're going to lose the game for ever.

Yea, I tried that, didn't work.

I cant even add anything to my cart anymore to try again. Fucking annoying.

It worked for me but I had to click add voucher twice. However when I put multiple games in my basket it didnt deduct the full 20%. It would reduce the price of RE Revelations from 12.50 down to $10 on its own, but with Revelations, RE5, and RE6 in my basket it would only give me the same $2.50 discount.

Can this discount be used multiple times with each order individually?

Seanspeed

Banned
It worked for me but I had to click add voucher twice. However when I put multiple games in my basket it didnt deduct the full 20%. It would reduce the price of RE Revelations from 12.50 down to $10 on its own, but with Revelations, RE5, and RE6 in my basket it would only give me the same $2.50 discount.

Can this discount be used multiple times with each order individually?
So perhaps it only applies to RE:R then?

Thats mainly what I wanted, but I simply cant buy anything there now. It just wont let me add anything to my cart.

Is this site often problematic? I've only just signed up there a few minutes ago and I've already experienced two major issues.

So perhaps it only applies to RE:R then?

Nope. I got it to work on the other 2 games by doing the backspace then re-enter the 1 trick. But can the code be used 3 individual times on the same account?

Yeah GMG can sometimes have problems. Not anywhere near as bad as gamersgate tho.

Prezhulio

ok since my arkham city got upgraded to goty with the GFWL removal, i figured i'd check out the dlc etc with the goty (i played through AC on ps3 when it came out, haven't touched it since).

my game launches in the red/blue 3D mode, and for the life of me i can't find where to toggle it off? is it obvious and i'm just missing it?

Addnan

ok since my arkham city got upgraded to goty with the GFWL removal, i figured i'd check out the dlc etc with the goty (i played through AC on ps3 when it came out, haven't touched it since).

my game launches in the red/blue 3D mode, and for the life of me i can't find where to toggle it off? is it obvious and i'm just missing it?

Nvidia control panel untick stereoscopic 3D. For some reason enabled after Windows 8.1

When you launch AC there are 2 options. 1 to play the game and the other to configure the game. Hopefully it is just a setting for 3d in your configuration.

Prezhulio

Nvidia control panel untick stereoscopic 3D. For some reason enabled after Windows 8.1

ah thank you!

i went into the nvidia control panel and looked through AC's settings and nothing was there and it was already disabled in the settings that I H8 memes recommended, but enver thought to look at the stereoscopic 3d panel!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm playing a friends game while he is playing another friends game. Thanks Valve.

PS Dubai looks insane at night time in Grid 2. Next gen maybe.

Parsnip

I did, yes. Although driving 300 miles to pick up the box from our old house would probably be easier than getting anything out of Microsoft... ;) Cheers, anyway- shame you can't just pick it up from the client like you can with Steam.
A little late reply, but why can't you just pick it up from the client? I never redeemed any keys to gfwl, do they not show those keys in the client after the fact?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-EF391E01A0566675 - Taken by Atraveller
Dead Space -- MB-84AD6034267F886D - Taken by gabrielt16
The 39 Steps -- MB-96290CE6547D3EB4 - Taken by Kirosia
Mirror's Edge -- MB-BC3EEC378C2A7DE0 - Taken by Afro
Satazius -- MB-D07A9A60073DFF75 - Taken by Japle
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-B474893391816A1A - Taken by InfiniteNine
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-59473F911E2B85A2 - Taken by Andrea23
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-1C46856C7389DF15 - Taken by The-Bean
Medal of Honor -- MB-AAEA9B16BFAE1D7D - Taken by runnin_blue
Depths of Peril -- MB-17D635297FA2B8EC - Taken by nightstorm
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-4B3053A5D469ED6D - Taken by bloke
The Whispered World -- MB-CA7B45C16DBA2598 - Taken by didamangi
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-1F3A24D278F9562F - Taken by Reckoner
Chains -- MB-C76E9E75A9023336 - Taken by fantomena

It is my birthday, and to celebrate my advancement in age, please take a bunch of Steam keys that I've been accumulating in a .txt file on my desktop!

No additional rules, just take what you want. I imagine most of you already have most of these, but I'm posting them here for anyone that doesn't!

Note: There is a small chance that The 39 Steps key is already used, in which case I've sent ModBot the wrong one. If this is the case, just send me a PM and I'll hook you up with the right one.

Yay Games.

didamangi

It is my birthday, and to celebrate my advancement in age, please take a bunch of Steam keys that I've been accumulating in a .txt file on my desktop!

No additional rules, just take what you want. I imagine most of you already have most of these, but I'm posting them here for anyone that doesn't!

Note: There is a small chance that The 39 Steps key is already used, in which case I've sent ModBot the wrong one. If this is the case, just send me a PM and I'll hook you up with the right one.

Yay Games.

Happy Birthday and thx for the giveaway :)

The Whispered World code was already redeemed though.

Yay Games.
Happy birthday! And thanks for the game!

Turfster

Alan Wake collector's edition is 75% off at GMG, if you use the coupon it'll be about 6.5€/7$
Also, the Capcom daily there extends to SSFIVAE being 75% off, not just the RE games.

Tenrius

I'm playing a friends game while he is playing another friends game. Thanks Valve.

PS Dubai looks insane at night time in Grid 2. Next gen maybe.

You can do that? Great stuff, especially since I just set up family sharing with a couple of friends myself.

Also, happy Birthday, Buttonbasher.

It reeks that I had to run back my graphics driver update. The update finally fixed Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls, and Saint's Row The Third that i was having problems with for a long time. I had to roll back the update because for some reason I couldn't watch Youtube videos in HD anymore. If I clicked on HD then it would switch to 240p automatically, and if I click on the video again then it would have an error.

I'm gonna miss playing Sleeping Dogs on fullscreen and not having screen tearing on Dark Souls.

EDIT: Happy Birthday ButtonBasher!

The_Monk

Happy birthday fellow GAFfer ButtonBasher, hope you have a great day in the company of your loved ones ( I'm talking about us, GAFfers :p )

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just finished the 4th and penultimate season of Grid 2. The finale consisted of a set of 5 races in: Dubai, Barcelona, California coast, Chicago and Paris. All 5 of the races took place at night. I chose the Caterham SPR300 as my vehicle of choice.

The experience in a word: orgasmic.

The visuals were out of this world. I was playing on a 42 in Panasonic Plasma. All settings were maxed barring the two AMD specific ones which prevent me from locking 60 fps 100% of the time. The visual clarity in the game is insane.

Dirt 4 can't come soon enough with it's glorious weather filled Trailblazer races.

Happy birthday Buttonbasher!!

Back on topic, I kinda want to buy Bioshock Infinite from Amazon but I still have so many games to play. I still haven't finished New Vegas or Bioshock 2 and I already started replaying Arkham Asylum :S

Anteater

Oh I guess I fixed the camera stuttering in Darksiders 2, that was annoying, had to enable vsync in both nvidia control panel and in game, don't know why.

and happy bday Buttonbasher!

Dr Dogg

Cook, Serve, Delicious has a plot? I know it's dubbed as a hardcore restaurant sim but I thought that meant Cafe World but not shit. Hmmmmm.

Oh and Happy B-Day Buttonbasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom