• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - A small highlight of October 2017 games

fuckin Denuvo on South Park lol

I'll just buy it physical on PS4 and resell it when I'm done. If people rave about Hat in Time I'll grab it too.

MoogleMan

10+ on that page alone for me, though I'll grab most on sale. Except maybe battle chasers. That may be a day 1 buy.

Skyr

I want Wolfenstein 2 and Evil Within 2.

But I still didn't finish both predecessor which I own on steam. Maybe I should do that first lol.

pa22word

I want Wolfenstein 2 and Evil Within 2.

But I still didn't finish both predecessor which I own on steam. Maybe I should do that first lol.
Ehh id probably just plot summarize tew1. It's a game that I've tried and failed to beat like 3 times but always petered out before the end just because of how stupidly bad the game is at parts. Im totally excited for tew2 though simply because while the game was horribly flawed in a lot of ways, it was an interesting game with some cool ideas in a (especially at the time) sea of boring games content to just do the same old same old. If they tighten their belts and nail the execution tew2 should be a totally awesome game, and one that sort of totally replaces the first.

Wolf...yeah you probably want to play the first game.

If you do end up waiting you got nothing to lose though. Bethesda games are seemingly always like 50% like 5 months after the game comes out these days lol :p

CHC

Wolfenstein I've already purchased. Assassins Creed Origins I'll get (pending reviews) after it launches.

After that I'd say I'm most excited for Spintires Mudrunner. Definitely something I'm going to grab with my friend and then play while knocking back some beers. It looks fucking hysterical.

I'd usually be more hyped for ELEX (I like Piranha Bytes games) but I just don't really see myself playing anything but D:OS2 in terms of RPGs for a while yet.

Funny enough that's one of the biggest reasons I haven't bought it yet.

Shari

A lot of enticing titles this month, but the only guaranteed purchase for me is Spintires: Mudrunner.

I'm looking forward to see gameplay and reviews for the rest though.

What's that game about anyway? I've seen it mentioned and watched a couple videos but can't seem to find the appel. It strikes me that someone would consider that game as a guaranteed purchase.

For me it's going to be Mordor, AC, South Park, and if I ever gather the balls to finish the first, TEW2.

Edit: Forgot Wolfenstein, definitely wolfenstein. We have unfinished business Frau Engel and me.

I'm still thinking about August and September stuff;

• Cities: Skylines: Transit
  • XCom II: War of the Chosen
  • Ruiner (soon)
  • Total War Warhammer II (soon)
  • Cuphead(soon)
  • Black Desert: Kamasylvia part I (today)
  • Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire (playing now)
  • Destiny 2 PC (I am conflicted. I'm getting the game for free with my Nvidia GPU, but I am not sure if it's worth it. So much toxicity and hatred surrounds the title, community, the haters, Bungie and everything about it. It just stresses me out)
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2(want to play this so bad due to all the hype)
  • Warframe: Plains of Eidolon (soon)

I'm completely loaded. But I have to support A Hat in Time, AC Origins, and I want South Park. Though I think I'll have to wait. I've decided I want to complete more of my existing library before I get into them.

Shadow of War and Wolfie, I don't need to play now. I've not played their predecessors.

Trago

Good that A Hat in Time is finally releasing. Been waiting for that game for years. Funny that it's releasing the same month as Mario lol.

pa22word

I feel kinda bad about missing south park, but I just absolutely don't have the time for it. Between Mario, wolf2, and tew2 I have a very busy month of gaming ahead of me. Not to mention I've still got Mario rabbids to get through and hollow knight plus ruiner to beat as well.

Eldon

In for
Shadow of War
Elex (I play every Piranha game, don't care about quality)
Evil Within 2

Wolf 2 is gonna find his time, not at launch.

CHC

What's that game about anyway? I've seen it mentioned and watched a couple videos but can't seem to find the appel. It strikes me that someone would consider that game as a guaranteed purchase.

You have to drive giant Soviet trucks across the mud-slicked Russian wilderness. It's highly simulationist, and you can get seriously stuck in the mud, or run out of fuel, or damage your truck badly. It's just amazing because it represents and incredibly dedicated and thorough execution of a game that seemingly no one on Earth asked for, and it's totally amazing.

Here's a look at what it's all about.

Love how the guy from the actual game studio opens with "it sounds pretty lame, but....."

Trickster

Honestly don't know most of those games. Only one I'm really keen on getting right away is Wolfenstein

September has been a much more packed month for me

Shari

You have to drive giant Soviet trucks across the mud-slicked Russian wilderness. It's highly simulationist, and you can get seriously stuck in the mud, or run out of fuel, or damage your truck badly. It's just amazing because it represents and incredibly dedicated and thorough execution of a game that seemingly no one on Earth asked for, and it's totally amazing.

Here's a look at what it's all about.

Love how the guy from the actual game studio opens with "it sounds pretty lame, but....."

He says "it sounds very plain" not lame lol.

Aside from that I know what the game's about, I just don't see the appeal. That's why I wanted to know the feelings from the user that put the game into his guaranteed list, I want to know where that passion is coming from!

StereoVsn

I'm really looking forward to it because it looks like a return to form for Piranha Bytes who were responsible for the Gothic games. Risen was cool and all but they always felt really buggy, sluggish and low budget.

THQ Nordic is killing it.
If it's like Gothic 2, I am all in. However it's most likely going to be like their lost Gothic 2 underwhelming efforts. I am not too optimistic here. We shall see I guess.

Otherwise I am getting Ys VIII (if it's out in October) and maybe Battlechasers (might wait for Switch version to release instead).

That "Sword and Fairy" Xinhua game looks pretty neat but seems to be Chinese only.

Anteater

is sword and fairy a "remastered" of the original? I remember people used to recommend me to play the original but I never got a chance to play it

noomi

Nice, thanks for posting this.

Not sure if there is a thread like this each month, but would be cool to have a breakdown like this going forward.

Shari

I'm not a sim-enthusiast, but I can definitely appreciate games like Euro Truck Simulator, Car Mechanic Simulator and even Farming Simulator once in a while. They're surprisingly fun and well made, and perfect when you just want to relax and listen to a podcast while playing.

I've already played the original Spintires so I kinda know what I'm getting into, but I'm eager to play it again with the new content and QoL improvements. Haven't tried it out with a wheel yet so that is something to look forward to as well!

Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2, Origins, South Park and Shadow of Mordor are definitely on my radar but I'd prefer to wait and see how they all turn out before I bite the bullet. I'm in no rush!

Fair enough I was just curious. The deepest I went into the sim scene is Euro Truck and I enjoyed my time with it.

Recently I was seriously considering getting into my summer car but between my non existent knowledge of how a car works and my limited I got cold feet.

FHIZ

Wolfenstein and Shadow of War for me. See no real benefit to play South Park on my PC so I’ll get that on PS4. Big wait and see for Assassins Creed Wright a combo of seeing how the PC port runs and just spacing out when I play large games.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
These are my games of october.
header.jpg
header.jpg

header.jpg
header.jpg
Everything else....

....can F right off till summer sale next year.

thekeats

Neo Member
In for Battle Chasers and A Hat In Time. But kickstarted them so a bit of a no brainer.

I still need to grab DOS2 and Total Warhammer II from this month as well. Plus I have Dusk already.

I need to stop buying games :(

Top Bottom