• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Bought MNC on release because it came with some stuff for the Scout for TF2. I remember trying to like it, it just felt very clunky. The better 3rd person shooter to get on steam is Lead & Gold tbh.

XeroSauce

Weenerz said:
Bought MNC on release because it came with some stuff for the Scout for TF2. I remember trying to like it, it just felt very clunky. The better 3rd person shooter to get on steam is Lead & Gold tbh.

Too bad that game is more dead then PC gaming

PaulLFC

MNC for £2.50? Bought.

Looking at the registry, seems we may be getting some DLC for it soon too. Possibly as part of the summer sale?

wCSmx.png

Spwn

Forkball said:
The MNC community is pretty dead. It was fairly active when it first came out, but it died off pretty quickly. The sale might temporarily give the community a small boost though, it could be worth the price if interested.

Damn, already bought the game hoping it hadn't suffered the same faith all the other indie multiplayer games. Won't be able to give it a try until next month. I hope I can at least get into a game or two when I finally get my new PC.

derFeef

Weenerz said:
MNC is the better game, though. And has an active community.

MacGurcules said:
So if you're interested in the right people getting paid for your purchase, hold off on Psychonauts for just a bit longer.

Will do. Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm glad I didn't cave in beforehand.

Moobabe

Stallion Free said:
Pretty much this. MNC seemed overrated.

In my opinion MNC is better. I liked Lead & Gold but the player base is, from my experience, much smaller and I prefer a lot of the interface choices in MNC.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
I'd try Alliance of Valiant Arms since it's F2P but man it's 5gb. That seems big to download just to try.

Hm. Any thoughts on it?
Yes, I hate you for telling me to download it, also it requires an ijji account, which, unfortunately, I have.

Also, MNC for £2.50, tempting..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just out of curiosity, what game have you guys recorded the most hours with on Steam? I wish I could sort my games by most played in my profile library since I'm weird about that stuff.

Anyways, looks like mine is The Witcher at 51.7 hours and Mass Effect 2 at 40.4. I don't do much MP gaming and I'm still sort new to PC so I don't have any impressive records yet.

F1 2010 with... 220 hours.

Then L4D/2, Counter-Strike: Source and Fallout: NV at around 50 each.

However, Steam didn't track game time before I stopped playing CSS hardcore, which I'm glad off. I'd be well north of 1000 hours on CSS if it logged all of the time I've actually played it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Thank goodness MNC got a daily deal, maybe I can finally go back to it. I was addicted to it for a few months, very depressed that the community died.

edit: Most played
F1 2010 - 143 hours
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - 129 (includes Vietnam)
Team Fortress 2 - 128
Left 4 Dead - steam lost count of my hours but it's somewhere between 90-100
Race 07 - 80
Monday Night Combat - 78
Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers....58 D:

Sober

269 hours on TF2, though I had a good at least 40 or 50 before they started tracking time on the client. Should have more, but I spent a good three years mostly playing WoW... now if Steam was tracking that ... boy.

derFeef

Snuggler said:
Just out of curiosity, what game have you guys recorded the most hours with on Steam? I wish I could sort my games by most played in my profile library since I'm weird about that stuff.

Anyways, looks like mine is The Witcher at 51.7 hours and Mass Effect 2 at 40.4. I don't do much MP gaming and I'm still sort new to PC so I don't have any impressive records yet.
Steam shows me 279 hours for TF2, but it does not continue to count. Adding the playtime with all classes it is something above 500 hours. Might be a bug.

Rubezh

Mine's Mass Effect 2 with 324 hours, followed by Mass Effect with 109 hours, and GTA IV with 102 hours. Amazingly, I've noticed someone on my friends list with an incredible 2200+ hours in TF2...

derFeef

Rubezh said:
Mine's Mass Effect 2 with 324 hours, followed by Mass Effect with 109 hours, and GTA IV with 102 hours. Amazingly, I've noticed someone on my friends list with an incredible 2200+ hours in TF2...
Such an idler...

Blizzard

Banned
Weenerz said:
The better 3rd person shooter to get on steam is Lead & Gold tbh.
I think I actually agree with this. I wonder if anyone ever got AA working with that game.

MNC seems kind of interesting, but the overall environment is kind of obnoxious, controls felt clunky to me, and there seemed to be very little variety. I haven't tried it lately though.

coopolon

Rubezh said:

Wowza. I've played through ME1 3 times at 68 hours. What were you doing in ME2 for 324?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Omg I just realized, this will be the summer sale week!

( and don't you fucking dare say otherwise! >:mad:. )

Exuro

Sounds good to me. I can't think of that many games that I haven't got that I want. I picked up only 1 or 2 during the end of the year sale so I'm not expecting a lot.

MNC

Okay, time to make a wishlist~

Wait, uhm... Steam has fancy wishlists already, so...
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mnc117/wishlist/

Out of these games I'm hoping for a big chunk off:

Alice (like hell they're gonna do that)
Dead Space 2 (and 1 for getting it on steam)
Hitman games (I missed blood money winter sale and apparently it's sogood.gif)
Vampire (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man)
Lost Planet2
Witcher2

And hopefully some more fancy games that will tickly my wallet. I can finally run games at decent settings so bring it!

Nabs

ClosingADoor said:
They do publisher packs in these Summer Sale things right?

Damn stuff will cost me a fortune then.

Yeah, it's similar to the Holiday Sale. It's basically Christmas in July.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Rubezh said:
Definitely TF2 for me, over 200 hours in there. Nothing else in my library has really broken 10 or 20

Keikaku

Mairu said:
I see there is a 4-pack for Monday Night Combat - comes out to 2.81$ per person. Anyone wanna do a 4-pack for it?

I'm in for 2 copies. PM me, please. I'll be out for an hour, but I'll be back after that.

I realised when making my wish list all I have left really is indie games and adventure games, for the most part. I got it up to 20.

Not going to be much for me on this sale, I imagine.

My wish list consists of the following:

Bejeweled 3-75% (not happening)
Two Worlds 2- 66-75% (doubt it)
Ass Creed Brotherhood- 66-75% (possibly)
Bulletstorm- 66% off (was 60% off on Origin)
Longest Journey- 75% off
Runaway Twist of Fate- 66-75% off

Derrick01

Banned
MNC said:
Hitman games (I missed blood money winter sale and apparently it's sogood.gif)

It's still extremely good. I played it on 360 when it came out, bought it on the winter sale last year and just started replaying it now and it holds up well...probably because there's nothing else like it anymore. So many ways to take people out.

I can't think of much that I want for the summer sale but the surprise of seeing something that you didn't think of for really cheap is half the fun of these things.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Foliorum Viridum said:
I realised when making my wish list all I have left really is indie games and adventure games, for the most part. I got it up to 20.

Not going to be much for me on this sale, I imagine.
I mostly buy indie games anyway. The other two that I'm looking for this sale are Dragon Age: Origins (not super interested in it, but it comes up enough in discussion that I feel I should play it) and Bloodlines (LOLOLOLOL)

Blizzard said:
I think I actually agree with this. I wonder if anyone ever got AA working with that game.

MNC seems kind of interesting, but the overall environment is kind of obnoxious, controls felt clunky to me, and there seemed to be very little variety. I haven't tried it lately though.
Controls are fine. It was just like any other UE3 game where you had to disable mouse smoothing in the config file but they eventually turned it off by default.

I can't pick one game over the other. I've played both games for over 100 hours and had a lot of fun. Support for MNC has been amazing though. They always seem to be releasing updates with new content for free.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have a decent wishlist going, but there aren't many games that I'm holding out for.

If this price is right, I'm down for: Two Worlds II, The Sims 3, Crysis Warhead, any Call of Duty, Oblivion GOTY, and a few odds and ends like the New Vegas DLC. Crysis 2 would be at the top of the list, but yeah. There are a few smaller games like Terraria that I want, but I don't really need a sale, I just need time to play them before I buy.

I think I already have most of my must-haves available on Steam. I'm more interested in the GOG sale since I have a pretty huge wish list over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom