• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might not have landline 'net access for a little while, but I do have an iPhone. Is there a commonly-accepted method to buy stuff from the store on an iPhone or will I just have to wrestle with the web version?

IrishNinja

just noticed the indie action/variety packs, nothing really interesting that i don't already have, but - they're not new deals, yeah? just grabbin' at straws for the big sale to start, here

Snuggler said:
Also, thanks for inspiring me to fire up X3 again and get completely lost and confused. I can't remember how to park my ship at a station. I ended up flying around for awhile and then crashing into something. :(

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snuggler/screenshots/ took a few nice shots, though
Yeah, planning to get into this game. Hopefully Summer Sale will grant me such a chance.
And, yes, this game look astonishing! Spent plenty of time in X3, just wondering here and there, admire the beauty of space.

gotee12

Tranced Shadow said:
I might not have landline 'net access for a little while, but I do have an iPhone. Is there a commonly-accepted method to buy stuff from the store on an iPhone or will I just have to wrestle with the web version?
You'll have to make all purchases through the web browser. I prefer Mercury over Safari due to being able to set the user agent. I made several purchases through my iPhone (via Mercury) during the 2010 Winter Sale.

The_Player said:
Yeah, planning to get into this game. Hopefully Summer Sale will grant me such a chance.
And, yes, this game look astonishing! Spent plenty of time in X3, just wondering here and there, admire the beauty of space.
le-sigh..
missed it during the previous sale, hopefully i'll find it discounted sooner or later :/

i'll most likely be on some course from 27 to 02...
shit!
I'll buy the stuff via mobile phone and may god forgive if I have any issue, for during steam sale my wrath is pure white destruction!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm only interested in buying The Witcher during the sale.

Will probably buy at least 10 other titles.

Moobabe

Diablohead said:
If this sale is like any other steam sale I only send about £20 tops
for 20 games or something stupid lol

£30 limit here - I already have 200 games on steam that I've barely touched. AND with GoG having a sale... fuck

Oh Steam you cunning, money grubber...

Can someone please reiterate if Steam summer sales are a different publisher each day or is it a random selection? Thanks!

Oreoleo

LiquidMetal14 said:
Explain this?!?!

Some CC companies will block Steam if you make too many purchases in a short amount of time due to "suspicious activity." With Steam wallet you can just put $50 or $100 or whatever on your account in one go and not have to worry about it.

Stumpokapow said:
only buy from steam wallet so you don't blow your budget
That too.

1-D_FTW

Stumpokapow said:
add money to steam wallet in advance
sale comes along
only buy from steam wallet so you don't blow your budget

Orellio said:
Some CC companies will block Steam if you make too many purchases in a short amount of time due to "suspicious activity." With Steam wallet you can just put $50 or $100 or whatever on your account in one go and not have to worry about it.

That too.

You guys forgot the mysterious transactions that fail due to heavy server load. With Steam Wallet, you don't have to worry about Paypal taking your money and not reporting the transaction.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
raphier said:
use steam wallet. useful for sales.
Or I could just load into my paypal and I can use that same money elsewhere too. Oh and I don't have a CC, so I need to deposit money from my bank account directly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Princess Skittles said:
This is my first too.

But.. I'm ready. There's only so much I want that's on Steam anyway.

You say that, but I can tell you from experience that when you have 50 games, you look through the catalog and say "I bet I could probably buy another 30 or 40 and then I'm done"... and then you get to 100 games, and suddenly there are 75 more you want... and then you're at 200 and you find another 100... and then you're at 300 and suddenly you're wondering whether or not you like hidden object games oh what the heck *buys*

My wishlist has more items on it now than it did 50+ purchased games ago.

Sanic

The wait is terrible, and the longer the sale takes to start, the less money i'll have to spend on it, because I lack the will to stop myself from buying things from GoG and other places.

Mr_Zombie

Princess Skittles said:
This is my first too.

But.. I'm ready. There's only so much I want that's on Steam anyway.

That's not how it works. When you see a game for, let's say, 5$, then even if you weren't interested in it before, you will buy it... :(

gotee12 said:
You'll have to make all purchases through the web browser. I prefer Mercury over Safari due to being able to set the user agent. I made several purchases through my iPhone (via Mercury) during the 2010 Winter Sale.

Cheers!

gotee12

Mr_Zombie said:
That's not how it works. When you see a game for, let's say, 5$, then even if you weren't interested in it before, you will buy it... :(
Exactly. The only thing I'm currently interested in that I don't already own is Terraria. Will that stop me from buying the other 20-30 games I'll wind up with? No, no it won't.

Wishlist

Fallout 3 GOTY: <10 dollars
Magicka Complete: <5 dollars
New Vegas DLC: 75% off

I just know that's not going to be all I buy ;_;
I also might double dip on Borderlands (assume <5 dollars), just so I don't have to use the DVD, and can have all the DLC.

Blizzard

Banned
Zeitgeister said:
Oh no.. I didn't check whether... ****
MOST games don't store the saves in the install directories. I seem to recall Valve games being one of the exceptions, though they probably have cloud integration now so it's not such a big deal.

Typically I seem to recall game saves getting put in your documents folder, or application data, or somewhere else buried on the hard drive.

plc268

Part of me hopes there is no sale just because everyone assumes it'll happen.
Part of me hopes there is no sale because I don't have any money.
And part of me hopes there is a sale just because I'm a hopeless steam addict.

:\

ShaneB

The joys of not having a gaming pc means I'll be sticking to older titles and indie games, which should mean keeping my budget in check.

StayUp

LovingSteam said:
Wow... I am in shock. EA support was magical! Seriously. Not only did they try to help wtih paypal, they added the keys from Steam for Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, and Battlefield 2, and others. Just tell them they are retail keys.

I tried to do this but they said they can only do 2010-present games. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom