• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Not really much I want from this Sale. Here are the games I am actively looking for:

Fallout 3: GOTY - $10-15
Two Worlds 2 - <$20
Dead Space 2 - <$15

I might have to wait for the Winter Sale for Two Worlds because it is still listed as $50.

Would also be up for DOW2: Retribution if it is cheap enough.

Other than that, I will be spending my money on ridiculously cheap indie and legacy titles.

Going to keep my total cost under $50, like last sale.

Stitch

Gold Member
Hmm, don't really care if there's a Summer Sale. I only want half-Life Source right now :p
My backlog is already so friggin huge :-/

Tesseract

Banned
i have $500 in my wallet ready to go. lead us into temptation.

166gmqu.jpg

deduce

I picked up Monday Night Combat just cause the Chickey Cantor trailer gave me a laugh. Hope the game is as fun as the trailers make it out to be.

coopolon

kswiston said:
Not really much I want from this Sale. Here are the games I am actively looking for:

Fallout 3: GOTY - $10-15
Two Worlds 2 - <$20
Dead Space 2 - <$15

I might have to wait for the Winter Sale for Two Worlds because it is still listed as $50.

Would also be up for DOW2: Retribution if it is cheap enough.

Other than that, I will be spending my money on ridiculously cheap indie and legacy titles.

Going to keep my total cost under $50, like last sale.

I think you'll be pretty pleased since all three of those games have hit those prices already (and some repeatedly), so it at least appears publishers are willing to drop the prices that low, so they'll probably do it on Steam.

coopolon

Red Blaster said:
Wow I didn't know Valve region locked their games, retail Portal 2 copy I bought overseas is worthless. 12 bucks down the drain lulz.

Did you try contacting them? I think it might just be to stop people from buying cd keys from websites in eastern europe. If you actually bought a retail copy, I'd try contacting them offer to prove you actually bought the box. Worst thing they can say is no.

Chavelo

Oh shit fuck. Just read the thread... If there's a sale today... GODDAMN IT, GABE. I JUST GOT PAID TODAY. I GOT BILLS AND GIFTS TO BUY...

Wait a minute...

Gifts... to buy...

THANK YOU BASED GABE

coopolon said:
Did you try contacting them? I think it might just be to stop people from buying cd keys from websites in eastern europe. If you actually bought a retail copy, I'd try contacting them offer to prove you actually bought the box. Worst thing they can say is no.

I'm about to contact Steam Support but everywhere I've read seems to indicate that their official stance is "We can't undo the region lock, ask the seller for a refund"

Polk

Cheech said:
Why not? This is the same week it was last year.
Last year summer (June 21st) started on monday and even then sale started Thursday (the same day when most sales start on Steam).
Too much sense?

Ledsen

Chavelo said:
Oh shit fuck. Just read the thread... If there's a sale today... GODDAMN IT, GABE. I JUST GOT PAID TODAY. I GOT BILLS AND GIFTS TO BUY...

Wait a minute...

Gifts... to buy...

THANK YOU BASED GABE

there's not gonna be a sale today, why would there? people are just making stuff up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Smokey said:
Has there been a summer where there wasn't a sale? People just assume they're gonna do one every year?

Since they started doing them, they've always done them.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Smokey said:
Has there been a summer where there wasn't a sale? People just assume they're gonna do one every year?

Last year was the only summer sale, as far as I'm aware. They've done several Christmases in a row, though.

ArjanN

hamchan said:
I also hope there is no sale because the reactions would be funny.

Also because I'd like people to stop asking about the sale.

For me the best thing about the big Steam sales is there's usually a game or two that becomes available on steam that wasn't there before. (or only for certain regions)

desu

The meltdown if doesnt happen would be funny.

However didnt the sale start on thursday last year? Would be happy about a sale but I am already preparing for dissapointment.

nexen

LovingSteam said:
The first batch is Interplay. On the forums they confirmed there will be more publishers in future days.
Oh, cool. So is the Interplay one week long or do I have to bite now?

I hope it starts next week on Tuesday because that would mean only 3 days of sales in June (I have only $30 left for this month!!) and the 4th of July would be one of the last days.

morningbus said:
Since they started doing them, they've always done them.

Last year was the first.

Anyway, I think they will want the 4th to be the last day again, or will at least want it to be closer. We're still way too early in the summer for it to start, IMO.

amrod

Daily is

Overlord 2 for $2.50 USD

or

Buy Overlord Complete Pack
Includes 3 items: Overlord™, Overlord™: Raising Hell, Overlord II
DAILY DEAL! Offer ends in 23:59:00

$5.00 USD

1-D_FTW

LocoMrPollock said:
Last year was the first.

Anyway, I think they will want the 4th to be the last day again, or will at least want it to be closer. We're still way too early in the summer for it to start, IMO.

Too early? Summer doesn't even officially begin until tomorrow:)

Joe Molotov

Today is Dungeon Siege III day, tomorrow is F3AR day. New releases tend to get lost in the shuffle when there's a sale going on, so I doubt they'll start the sale today or tomorrow. After that though, there's nothing for a while.

Acidote

Stumpokapow said:
For a few refreshes there, "Coming Soon" and "Specials" disappeared from the main page tab.

Pre-sale jitters?

That happens if you smash the F5. So I guess you were smashing the F5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom