• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
PaulLFC said:
More games should take naming conventions from this masterpiece. How would we ever know what we were playing otherwise?!... or not.

The strange thing is that it's actually an ultra violent bum-fighting simulator .

Sanic

The fact that bc2 is still $10 on sale on origin has me a bit worried for steam. I was hoping to get it for 66% or greater off during the summer sale, not 50%

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Pandoracell said:
The fact that bc2 is still $10 on sale on origin has me a bit worried for steam. I was hoping to get it for 66% or greater off during the summer sale, not 50%
It was 7.50$ during Christmas. It's also gonna be dead as soon as BF3 comes out.

Oreoleo

Stallion Free said:
It was 7.50$ during Christmas. It's also gonna be dead as soon as BF3 comes out.

Not if the only way to get it is $60 on Origin lolol

You're right in principal though. BC2 is going to be obsolete once BF3 releases.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2464/

Overlord complete pack for 5$ is such a good deal. I know the daily deal says it's Overlord 2 for 2.50$ but you can also get the first Overlord and it's expansion for 2.50$ more. I played the first Overlord on consoles ages ago, it's a lot of fun, and have only played the demo for the second one.

Overlord definitely has an interesting premise, it's a funny, cheeky game and it's got a lot of character. You are the latest in a very long line of evil overlords, awakened and tasked with restoring what is now your dread fortress, your army of minions, powers and empire. You can even choose between being a benevolent or iron fisted tyrant. From a gameplay perspective, Overlord is kind of like Pikmin. The Overlord starts off with a small group of minions, that grow in number and variety throughout the course of the game, that you use to solve puzzles and fight ludicrous enemies. You're not entirely helpless either, you have basic melee and magic spells that you can wade into contact with. You are there primarily in a supervisor role, what else are the minions for?

Both Overlord 1 and 2 have demos, check them out.

darkwing

jaundicejuice said:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2464/

Overlord complete pack for 5$ is such a good deal. I know the daily deal says it's Overlord 2 for 2.50$ but you can also get the first Overlord and it's expansion for 2.50$ more. I played the first Overlord on consoles ages ago, it's a lot of fun, and have only played the demo for the second one.

Overlord definitely has an interesting premise, it's a funny, cheeky game and it's got a lot of character. You are the latest in a very long line of evil overlords, awakened and tasked with restoring what is now your dread fortress, your army of minions, powers and empire. You can even choose between being a benevolent or iron fisted tyrant. From a gameplay perspective, Overlord is kind of like Pikmin. The Overlord starts off with a small group of minions, that grow in number and variety throughout the course of the game, that you use to solve puzzles and fight ludicrous enemies. You're not entirely helpless either, you have basic melee and magic spells that you can wade into contact with. You are there primarily in a supervisor role, what else are the minions for?

Both Overlord 1 and 2 have demos, check them out.
meh the summer sale starts off pretty weak

It's the daily deal and it's a pretty damned good one in my opinion.

stuminus3 said:
Overlord Complete Pack for $5.00 is a crazy good bargain. I already own the pack (it was $5.00 during the Halloween sale last year), it's practically like robbing Codemasters at that price.

Listen to the rabbit VV

DOA

Stallion Free said:

i don't really think that if a new game will come out, the old one will be dead.

take MW2 as an example. the game is still pretty much alive, although Black Ops has passed the 6 months mark.

here are Steam's current server count:

Current Players Peak Today Game
18,863 36,204 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
16,594 27,977 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer

not everyone can afford the 60$/50$ price, and will wait for the sales to start.

Deadbeat

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I thought it was 6 dollars on steam because I remember trading earbuds from tf2 for bc2 and vietnam which worked out to 21 dollars.

Sanic

Stallion Free said:
Yeah I'm sure it will be dead, but I'm sure it can also supply 50+ hours of entertainment in the months leading up to Bf3

Gvaz

Banned
thefil said:
*edit* Have $100 in my budget for wanton spending. I wonder how much of it I'll use.

It depends. Do you already have tons of steam games?

If you don't, your $100 will be gone in 2 days.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck...

Can you guys try purchasing and gifting right now? All I get is a white border when I choose the friend to send the gift to. Restarting doesn't help.

edit: nvm. works now. That overlord deal hammering steam's servers?

edit2: nope...don't work...

stuminus3

Overlord Complete Pack for $5.00 is a crazy good bargain. I already own the pack (it was $5.00 during the Halloween sale last year), it's practically like robbing Codemasters at that price.

Oreoleo

Kuro Madoushi said:
The fuck...

Can you guys try purchasing and gifting right now? All I get is a white border when I choose the friend to send the gift to. Restarting doesn't help.

Through the Steam friends list? Seems to be working fine for me.

Corky said:
Well, 1 day down 4 to go until I start breaking shit! Who's with me?

:(

You can break stuff if you want, I'm just going to buy shit off of GoG instead. Hey look at that, I now own Descent 1, 2, 3, 3's expansion, Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics all for less than 20$

Gvaz

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
The fuck...

I mentioned this like a day or two ago. I have the same issue.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
jaundicejuice said:
You can break stuff if you want, I'm just going to buy shit off of GoG instead. Hey look at that, I now own Descent 1, 2, 3, 3's expansion, Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics all for less than 20$

Can I buy Grim fandango on GoG? If you say no I'm sticking to breaking stuff :( I'm surrounded by fabrege eggs and ming vases.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Gvaz said:
I mentioned this like a day or two ago. I have the same issue.
yeah restarting doesn't help. I tried even logging in through a browser and there's the same issue.

The continue button either doesn't show up, or it shows up and does nothing...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABEN! FUCKIN FIX THIS SHIT!

Corky said:
Can I buy Grim fandango on GoG? If you say no I'm sticking to breaking stuff :( I'm surrounded by fabrege eggs and ming vases.

Sorry mang, you're going to have to stick with breaking stuff. The most recent publisher catalogue addition to GoG was EA's, not Lucas Arts like many have been hoping for.

MNC

For the christmas 2010 sale, I spent 38 euros on 35 games.

I think I'm going to put aside 40€ for this sale.

US-GAF, I'm going to need your help alot to fight the $ = € this coming sale :D

plc268

Deadbeat said:
I thought it was 6 dollars on steam because I remember trading earbuds from tf2 for bc2 and vietnam which worked out to 21 dollars.

What... the OSX earbuds? I hardly play TF2, but I have a pair of them and would happily trade them off to some sucker. :D

coopolon

MNC said:
For the christmas 2010 sale, I spent 38 euros on 35 games.

I think I'm going to put aside 40€ for this sale.

US-GAF, I'm going to need your help alot to fight the $ = € this coming sale :D

We're always pretty happy to help. And every once in awhile it actually works out the other way too (albeit rarely.)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...wonderful

So I asked Javaman to try and gift something and he's running into the same problems.

Not sure why it affects some people and not others.

Card Boy

Banned
Are my Witcher 2, Monday Night Combat, Magic the Gathering, PvZ, Worms Reloaded and L4D2 Team Fortress 2 items worth anything? I wouldn't mind selling them to some Hat obsessed nut-job. I don't really like TF2 that much.

All of them are tradable, except for the Magic items. The Monday Night Combat items got higher price since the last update, so if I were you I would take advantage of that.

You can also go around SPUF for info on that crap.

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm...wonderful

So I asked Javaman to try and gift something and he's running into the same problems.

Not sure why it affects some people and not others.

Tried it with Steam and Steam beta, Firefox 4.0.1 and IE 9.0

2wlrbbo.jpg

There's no continue button

Gvaz

Banned
Yeah I have the same issue. If you actually do get to the next screen (only via email it seems) the gift note section is highlighted but you can't actually do anything

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
CrookedRain said:
I had that happen the other day. I just backed out and went to checkout again and the button was there the next time.
I did...
backed out
restarted Steam
refreshed
tried through Chrome and IE

Nothing worked

1-D_FTW

Are you running the beta? If not, I suppose you could always try that and see if that corrects your issue. It's obviously not the problem, but maybe it'd fix whatever was messed up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
1-D_FTW said:
Are you running the beta? If not, I suppose you could always try that and see if that corrects your issue. It's obviously not the problem, but maybe it'd fix whatever was messed up.
Java tried using the beta

I was just doing it normally...I can't state any other differences...

I've gifted before, so this bug? was pretty startling.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Java tried using the beta

I was just doing it normally...I can't state any other differences...

I've gifted before, so this bug? was pretty startling.
It's probably just a problem with their servers right now. I just tried it out and it won't work now either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom