• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

This whole thing has me so torn. On one hand, I really want to buy more games for my new pc....On the other hand, it's hard for me to justify buying any atm knowing that they'll all be on sale soon ><

Binary Domain and Spec Ops on Amazon. On super sales right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This whole thing has me so torn. On one hand, I really want to buy more games for my new pc....On the other hand, it's hard for me to justify buying any atm knowing that they'll all be on sale soon ><

Do an Amazon sale code to tide you over. I did.

gdt

Oh I forgot to mention that I bought Darksiders II a few days ago, can't wait for that. Nice to have it bought and paid, just waiting for dat release.

DOA

the page says:
Crush the brutal and deadly enemies and save humanity with Microsoft's Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine for the PC!

i didn't know that MS was involved

Ledsen

Dude you can buy dozens of Steamworks game from the Amazon US sale.. (and yes you can buy them even if you're not in the US)

To everyone of Lord Gabe's worshippers who have lost faith:

NO SALE FOR YOU!

soup-nazi-lean-six-sigma.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I tried to use the app once (Android version), but it wouldn't sign in. I only have 500MB of included data per month, though, which is gradually eaten up by Saoirse Ronan gifs Facebook and GAF browsing.

I've seen a few people on my Friends list signed in via the app, so it must be decent for chat.

Edit: This post looks weird without a quote. I really need to switch ISPs...

Does anyone use the Steam iOS app? Is it any good?

Not too great IMO:
- Deals aren't updated in real time.
- Chats don't play well with multi-tasking
- I feel like I'm asked way too often for a Steam Guard code and half the time, when I multi-task to the email app to copy the code and multi-task back to the Steam app, I have to enter my login info again (because the Steam app closed when I exited it).

Good stuff though:
+ remote installations
+ buying when you're not home

That being said, I've noticed recently the store website has now a nice mobile version which makes the app less necessary than 6 months ago.

K' Dash

the only game I need from this sale is AC Revelations, I bought enough games to last me for a few months the last couple of days.

Bring it Gaben!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
A Steam sale so soon after I buy a PC that can actually handle games made after 2005?

What luck! :D

(Also, I just made a Steam account for the first time as well. Glad to finally be on board!)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A Steam sale the day after I buy a PC that can actually handle games made after 2005?

(Also, I just made a Steam account for the first time as well. Glad to finally be on board!)

I hope your wallet is ready for the battering it'll take
in a week

Yeah I'm pretty much banking on next Thursday. The only reason I've had such a hard time thinking it's the 12th is that I can't believe the date for it would have been leaked out so early like that.

Bradach

A Steam sale so soon after I buy a PC that can actually handle games made after 2005?

Get ready to get some great games for the price of bus fare!

Sales starts today right? :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Binary Domain is fun. Beat the first act last night. Need people to co op it with though.

Was going to ask Wario to play last night but botb of my kb's are having issues ><

Recently I played VVVVV with a friend and we had a blast going through it together.

Can anybody recommend games that are either co op based or just fun to play with a friend?

I was thinking of playing the main story in Portal 2.

I kind of want something semi difficult but short so we can beat it on one sitting.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Binary Domain is fun. Beat the first act last night. Need people to co op it with though.

Was going to ask Wario to play last night but botb of my kb's are having issues ><

We'll have to find a time soon that we're both available, I want to play horde mode at least once while a handful of us are currently playing the game.

Bradach

Recently I played VVVVV with a friend and we had a blast going through it together.

Can anybody recommend games that are either co op based or just fun to play with a friend?

I was thinking of playing the main story in Portal 2.

I kind of want something semi difficult but short so we can beat it on one sitting.
Lara Croft Guardian of Light is great co-op

Yeah, just bought a nice gaming PC, I already played Revelations on 360, but I want to double dip for 60fps and madre settings, should look beautiful.

If you make it through your first Steam sale and only come out with one game I will be very impressed. The barrage of ridiculous deals will be relentless. The only real defense is an enormous Steam library.

legacyzero

Banned
Is there any rational reasons why people are still expecting the sale to start today?
There seems to be a lot of activity happening with Steam and on its forums. Stuff like adding summer sale game packs, Valve workers hinting at it on the forum, etc.

Still, its a very 'grain of salt' thing. It IS Valve we are dealing with here.

EDIT: beaten 4 times over. Damn mobile phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom