• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Uhhh... when did Cladun X2 come out?! It's 20% off($16) until August 21st.
ss_bf09a33897a19a775004a90a350e424e8bec279b.600x338.jpg

Sixaxis and 360 button prompts in the same screenshot? I'll have to consult a console translator to figure out what those are...

The 360 labels I can usually figure out. But those circles. Dat triangle. *boggles*

kamspy

COJ The Cartel is worthless. And I really like the first two and can generally stomach even mediocre shooters. It's one of the worst games I've played in years.

Volcynika

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/206250/ss_bf09a33897a19a775004a90a350e424e8bec279b.600x338.jpg?t=1344965520[IMG]

Sixaxis [i]and[/i] 360 button prompts in the same screenshot? I'll have to consult a console translator to figure out what those are...

The 360 labels I can usually figure out. But those circles. Dat triangle. *boggles*[/QUOTE]

Maybe they just used screens from the PSP version.

Kabouter

Hm... any impressions? I'm really hit or miss with these civic sim kind of things.

edit: not even sure that is what these are.

It's a pretty good game, but you need to be able to handle some eurojank, if you can it's definitely worth the €2.49. What it is is a sort of mix of genres. You play as up to three characters, each with their own stats and equipment, belonging to the same dynasty in medieval Europe. The goal is to do better than rival dynasties, which will actively try to thwart you, including trying to murder your dynasty members, which can result in defeat if the last adult in your dynasty dies. Your main means of income is through businesses which can range from thieves' nests to alchemists workshops to smithies, but you can also try to attain political office and scheme your way to the top there.

And yes, you only need Renaissance.

Sixaxis and 360 button prompts in the same screenshot? I'll have to consult a console translator to figure out what those are...

The 360 labels I can usually figure out. But those circles. Dat triangle. *boggles*

Looks like the psp buttons, I presume the game is ported from psp?

Giard

The Guild 2: Renaissance is a great game if you can get through the jank.
It's the daily deal and at 2.50, I recommend it! You don't need the other games from the series, Renaissance is a standalone game and has everything from the previous games.

Am I right to assume this person is friending random people to get them to buy games for them? (her going offline is me removing her from my friends list)

steamscam.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm going to buy it, to try and give NIS the economic signal of "Disgeia for PC plz"

Plus, I still have $17 left over from Diablo 3 that was set aside for steam sale games.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I never thought DLC releases could so passively make me think less of a game this far after release.

Day 1 of release we can buy experience points for Sleeping Dogs. Pretty sweet! DLC of shame.

I just bought that SR3 DLC without having played it yet. What did I do?

zulux21

Why is this game so expensive? Even discounted to $16 is way too much.

it's the same price it was on the PSP, which I never got around to getting, but if it's an improvement of the first game then it would be well worth the $20 for me...

I just don't get why Nis never said it was coming... they send newsletters like every 3 days to my inbox... and cladun for steam was never mentioned. I am rather sad that they didn't implement co op play as the psp title has local MP across multiple PSPs (or at least the first one did)

ss_bf09a33897a19a775004a90a350e424e8bec279b.600x338.jpg

I'm playing the demo now with a 360 controller. It must be a screenshot from the PSP version because in the demo the buttons are numbers (1,2,3,4,5 ect)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
First Impressions before even pushing anything of Cladun:
- Started up damn fast
- Tiny screen is tiny
- Is that a frame rate counter?
- Awesome music

F6ABC6D98E5E58466A4F2670BC26EA286261648F

Yes, it is native 480 x 272

Seems to have built in 360 controller support though, but it doesn't want to take input from the D pad, just the analog stick. Also, no PSP button promts, nope, you have the good ol' (1) (2) (3) ect. button prompts. Push button 4 or 8 to do this!

For resolution options, it has Defalut, Enlarge (Makes it 960 x 582), and full screen. Think I am going to put it on Enlarge.

And yeah, that a frame counter. You can turn it off, don't know why they defalut it to on.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Sheeeeet. I guess I screwed myself with that SR3 DLC then. Or maybe having everything is awesome. I can't imagine starting the game with everything.

HoosTrax

And yeah, that a frame counter. You can turn it off, don't know why they defalut it to on.
It's there to reassure you that your PC is fully capable of running a sprite-based, 30fps-capped game at 480 x 272 :s

Japanese publishers seem to want to price their games at prices that would be considered higher than the norm, I've noticed. Still, both this game and Wanderlust have kind of an appealing retro vibe.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The worst part is, the frame rate dropped to 29 a few times when flipping though the menu.

I wish there were options to change the hud size. The hud takes up too much screen space in enlarged IMO. But right now, it doesn't mean anything to me.

HoosTrax

Talked a bit about achievements a little earlier, forgot to mention, I would love if they added the ability to have hidden achievements. I seldom look at a games achievements because I worry I might spoil something =/
From a game developer perspective, they do have the ability to use hidden achievements. A lot of them don't though, so there are a lot of spoilerish achievements out there.

ShaneB

From a game developer perspective, they do have the ability to use hidden achievements. A lot of them don't though, so there are a lot of spoilerish achievements out there.

Ah, I don't think I've ever seen them. Well that is good, just wish more devs would implement them, I saw them all the time on Xbox Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom