• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Dark Souls update!

Seath is the boss of Duke's archives. Bed of Chaos is the boss of the demon's ruins. Taking Seath's tail is the most difficult thing about him.

I finished my first game at SL93 and I would say that 4 kings is probably the most difficult of all the lord soul bosses.

What really separates the men from the boys are those that are able to clear the Artorias of the Abyss area and Gwyn at the end of the game.

At this point of the game it's less about how much damage you do and how skilled you are at actually doing it. If that makes any sense.

Kifimbo

Your games of the week. Subject to change.

08/26/2013 - PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate - Tower Defense - Double Eleven/Q-Games - $19.99 (2-Pack for $34.99)
08/27/2013 - Lost Planet 3 - TPS - Capcom/Spark Unlimited - $49.99
08/27/2013 - Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn - MMORPG - Square Enix/Square Enix - $29.99
08/27/2013 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition - Action/Adventure - Konami/MercurySteam - $29.99
08/28/2013 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - Action/Adventure - Activision/Red Fly Studios - $14.99
08/28/2013 - Shelter - Adventure - Might and Delight/Might and Delight - $9.99
08/29/2013 - America's Army: Proving Ground - FPS/Simulation - U.S. Army/U.S. Army - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/29/2013 - Memoria - Adventure - Deep Silver/Daedalic - $XX.XX
DGaGzkv.jpg

08/29/2013 - Guardians of Middle-earth - MOBA - Warner Bros./Zombie Studios - $19.99
08/29/2013 - The Chaos Engine - Action - Mastertronic/Abstraction Games - $9.99
uO5LKg2.jpg
DGaGzkv.jpg

08/29/2013 - Game Dev Tycoon - Simulation - Greenheart Games/Greenheart Games - $9.99
08/30/2013 - Rayman Legends - Platformer - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montpellier - $39.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

Eanan

Traded with some guy tonight who I happened to come across on steam trades;

He had Grid 2 which ive been after and was offering a ridiculously low wanted item for it (rome total war). So jumped at the opportunity but was wary if it was too good to be true. Turned out he was brand new to steam and trading. I added him, and started to chat with him. He then agreed to trade and as I was typing out what else did he have to trade as I was just curious, he pastes the grid 2 steam key in the chat. Now like anyone, I tried to redeem it as I wasn't sure what was up. It was legit.

I hit enter just as he sent the key, and then he commented saying he had CIV 5, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and if I wanted one of them instead. I already had Tomb raider so just said that, and what did you know, he sent across the key and just asked me not to redeem GRID 2.

When I went to send Rome to him, he couldn't accept the trade request (steam vac not setup) and I said it could take 15 days for it to work, and he said ok and to get back to him then with rome. I then sent it by email to him.

I explained to him for a good 10 mins about trading and not to do that again as he would have gotten fleeced for 2 or 3 expensive games by a more dishonest trader if he had come across him. He didn't even check my steam trades account before sending the key he said!

I feel like ive done my good deed for today
VDpTkQc.png

Eanan

You would have done a good deed, if you had offered him a better deal yourself. Not that there's something particularly bad about it, just business, I suppose

Trading Rome for GRID 2 with some clueless person is kind of a dick move aswell.

The way I look on it is give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

I gave him some valuable info about trading. And don't try and say that if someone offered you something of value of GRID 2 for a game like rome, that you wouldn't jump at the opportunity. I could easily have taken 2 of his games for nothing and then deleted him and went on my way. I threw a Time gentlemen that I had in the inventory his way also when I was testing if he was receiving gifts by email correctly if its any consolation.

He posted on steam trades. If I didnt take him up on the deal, someone else would have.

Omega

Banned
I explained to him for a good 10 mins about trading and not to do that again as he would have gotten fleeced for 2 or 3 expensive games by a more dishonest trader if he had come across him. He didn't even check my steam trades account before sending the key he said!

that's pretty much what you did though

NIN90

Glad to hear you got rid of your Time Gentlemen, Please! gift copy. I think I still have a couple of those in my inventory.

Okay so here is the issue. My friend buys a Payday 2 4-pack. Gives out all the copies to the group. One of them gets it, redeems it, and finds out he doesn't meet the minimum requirements and it's just not gonna work. I told him to contact steam support, so we'll see how that goes, but anyone have any clue how it might play out? I know you can return one game hassle free, but with this being a gift and from a reduced price 4-pack, I don't know what they'll do. Just remove his copy from his library and give another to the first guy's inventory?

Eanan

that's pretty much what you did though

What was I supposed to do? He had told me that he wanted Rome and that he had 2 other people who had just added him after me offering it to him also and that I could go first if I wanted it. I actually wanted grid. Its not like im a pro trader and just got this for profit. If a guy came up to you on the street offering you a €20 note for €10, would you refuse it? Thought not.

What was I supposed to do? He had told me that he wanted Rome and that he had 2 other people who had just added him after me offering it to him also and that I could go first if I wanted it. If a guy came up to you on the street offering you a €20 note for €10, would you refuse it? Thought not.

Yeah fine whatever, don't act like you're a saint and you did good though. You took advantage of someone and then told them how to prevent it in the future. You didn't stop them from getting screwed by you.

Eanan

Yeah fine whatever, don't act like you're a saint and you did good though. You took advantage of someone and then told them how to prevent it in the future. You didn't stop them from getting screwed by you.

He got a game he wanted, and so did I. What's the big issue? I even asked him when trading that are you sure its GRID 2 you want to trade for as thats a new game and you didn't mean the first GRID did you. He got a bit impatient saying he wanted to trade quick and to hurry up as he was leaving for food soon.

Damn this can be a knarky thread when it wants to be.

Omega

Banned
What was I supposed to do? He had told me that he wanted Rome and that he had 2 other people who had just added him after me offering it to him also and that I could go first if I wanted it. I actually wanted grid. Its not like im a pro trader and just got this for profit. If a guy came up to you on the street offering you a €20 note for €10, would you refuse it? Thought not.

Actually yeah I would. I don't take advantage of people.

Don't try to spin this either. You traded a $4.99 game for a game that's 10 times more expensive.

Actually yeah I would. I don't take advantage of people.

Don't try to spin this either. You traded a $4.99 game for a game that's 10 times more expensive.
If he wanted to screw the guy over he probably could've swiped all the keys without problem, but there's nothing wrong with getting a good deal on things if you see someone actively soliciting it.

I seriously doubt that My Little Pony espouses those kinds of values.
Taught me how to trade bro.

I'm not saying actively go out and shark people, but if you're in a trading site and someone's offering a lower price there's a whole slew of reasons it could be the case so I'm not gonna sit on a high horse if someone pursues it. In this case it was an inexperienced user, but hey if the dude offered his code up first I'd definitely try activating it first to see if everything checks out.

Then again, I'm just advocating some devils here. Dude's only given us his account of events so who knows how it really turned out. Just sayin' under those circumstances I don't see anything necessarily wrong with it.

Dingotech

I've seen a post on another forum I frequent saying people are offering GRID 2 keys for really cheap trades.

Is there something happening with GRID 2 keys? Seems odd.

For what it's worth he said he traded a Just Cause 1 key for a copy...

Nabs

I've seen a post on another forum I frequent saying people are offering GRID 2 keys for really cheap trades.

Are we missing another epic Codemasters giveaway?

Eanan

When people do dickish things, yes...it can be.

Jasus, I might as well never post in this thread again as i'll probably be forever labelled the "dick" who traded rome for grid 2. I guess im being lumped in with the awful people who trade bundle games for regular €10+ games.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

That would be kind of funny if there are a bunch of fraud copies of Grid 2 out there.

Jawmuncher

So to get off of the current knarky topic.

Where the thread with all the recommended mods for Dark Souls?
Want to start playing soon but want it to be the "only on pc" experience.

Jasus, I might as well never post in this thread again as i'll probably be forever labelled the "dick" who traded rome for grid 2. I guess im being lumped in with the awful people who trade bundle games for regular €10+ games.

Don't let it bother you. People just like to hate.

So I started playing Bloodlines and the controls are really "floaty." Is that a bug? When I'm moving in a certain direction and let go of the key to come to a complete stop, the characters still moves for a fraction of a second. Is that how it works on vanilla, or did the unofficial patch mess my install?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sexualizer from Pertubator is already confirmed for the game.

I'm sure they'll be more. There has to be more..
That's great! I should check that song out. It's from his new album, right?

Invisible War is one of those rare games like DMC2 where everyone agrees it was pretty bad.

Similar to DMC they made the next game (Deus Ex Human Revolution) a prequel so storywise you're fine skipping IW as well.

I guess I understand giving it a try purely out of curiosity, but if you play IW and you're not feeling it you might as well skip it.
I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

Nillansan

Is there a chance that HM2 will feature Perturbator again? I don't like MOON :/

Scattle would be great too.

I like some of Perturbator's tracks, this includes tracks outside of the Hotline Miami soundtrack. Did you like Jasper Byrne's track, Miami?

Sexualizer from Pertubator is already confirmed for the game.

I'm sure they'll be more. There has to be more..

Neat, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The way I look on it is give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

I gave him some valuable info about trading. And don't try and say that if someone offered you something of value of GRID 2 for a game like rome, that you wouldn't jump at the opportunity. I could easily have taken 2 of his games for nothing and then deleted him and went on my way. I threw a Time gentlemen that I had in the inventory his way also when I was testing if he was receiving gifts by email correctly if its any consolation.

He posted on steam trades. If I didnt take him up on the deal, someone else would have.
I wouldn't. I'd tell him that Grid 2 is a rather valuable game, and he would be able to get something better for it.

Just like I did when a kind person who browses GAF (but hasn't been approved yet) offered to gift me BioShock Infinite a month or two ago. I only accepted it after he ensured me he didn't care about its value, and just wanted to give it away.

I'm not going to judge you, I'm in no position to do that. And it's nice that you took the time to explain him how Steam trading works. What I don't like is the "Someone else would have done it if I hadn't" defense. Let that other hypothetical person do it then, if you feel it isn't right. Or better yet, don't let that happen by warning the guy that he's getting a terrible deal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I like some of Perturbator's tracks, this includes tracks outside of the Hotline Miami soundtrack. Did you like Jasper Byrne's track, Miami?
Yeah, love that song too. Does Jasper Byrne have other stuff like that? I'd like to take a listen if so.

Thanks a lot! Gonna listen to it later, the guy knows how to make some great tunes.

Do you mean you're playing it or do you just mean the general reception so far? Was hoping it'd at least be a hidden gem or at the very least so awful as to inspire legends.
General reception. Since its initial reveal it just that kind of game that everyone occasionally gets reminded is actually a thing that exists and will come out but would never notice if it didn't.

Nillansan

Yeah, love that song too. Does Jasper Byrne have other stuff like that? I'd like to take a listen if so.

Not that I know of, besides the tracks that he did for Hotline Miami I have only listened to the Lone Survivor and Soul Brother soundtracks and none of it resembles the 80s synth style of Miami.

You can check out the Lone Survivor soundtrack here. I think it is a stellar piece of work.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Payday 2 is such a great game for when I want to play with friends but only have an hour to spare. The lack of AA bothers me, though. Has anyone had any luck using SweetFX or forcing it through the graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom