• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why my Steam always needs updating whenever it starts?

steamupdate32uyo.png

So with Rise of Nations: Gold possibly coming to Steam, it would get a graphical/server upgrade like Age of Empires did? Additionally new server system since GameSpy servers shut down/are barely functional for that game's multiplayer?

My birthday is coming up, best present I'd get if true/what I said above included

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm not even in beta and I get that all the time.

I had this annoying thing where my games weren't recognized so I had to remove the folder structure with the games and re-add the alternate HDD directory I had set up and manually add each game so it could "discover" them. A little annoying.

Got the Amular expansions. If I'm going to hit it up I don't want to miss any of the extra content.

Nabs

Marvel Puzzle Quest was added to the registry. Cart Life is also coming to Steam.

Ooh. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow :)

Hmm, I've been looking into the Rise of Nations story more.

Given the Kingdoms of Amalur sale and Tony from Amazon (I heard this anecdotally from someone else while I was Googling) saying he had talked to Rhode Island about Steam keys for KoA and the RoN gold master, it would sound like its the original version and Rhode Island trying to make money on it. But, with the achievements in the Steam database and the Age of Empires remake, it would look like a remake. Does Rhode Island own Rise of Nations or does Microsoft Game Studios? If the later, I would guess remake.

I've played this game for hundreds of hours if I seem a little obsessed.

Salsa

And that's all it says "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Early Access Comp"

mh

my theory when 2 got announced for PC was that they'd release it with the first 1 as a pre-order incentive. While also selling it individually for $20 or so.

maybe it's true

coopolon

There's a shitload on Steam right now. Took me a while to notice that Jet Set Radio is $2.50, and both Left 4 Dead games are actually on sale for $5 each.

Seriously. They need to improve their sales page, having a list of 10 games that you have to click through is just not cutting it.

There is so much stuff on sale right now, and almost none of it is getting promoted other than the Ubi deal. And even all the Ubi games other than the deal of the day.

Salsa

Seriously. They need to improve their sales page, having a list of 10 games that you have to click through is just not cutting it.

There is so much stuff on sale right now, and almost none of it is getting promoted other than the Ubi deal. And even all the Ubi games other than the deal of the day.

just always check under Specials, works well enough

im sure a redesign of the whole thing will come sooner than later

Cramoss

I've been out for most of the day.

The XCOM reward tier is already at 50%! Made some legit progress today.

He is definitely interested, La Mulana is coming to Steam. Its database entry already has achievements.

50% already? Damn!

Can't wait to get it.

Chronoja

You know you can go here
and it lists 25 per page. It's not much better, but it's still 2.5x the list size if you're going by the front page.

How do you find out this database thing

The registry? here

drizzle

Axel Hertz
mh

my theory when 2 got announced for PC was that they'd release it with the first 1 as a pre-order incentive. While also selling it individually for $20 or so.

maybe it's true

I hope they do a pre-order incentive, because I already have and finished Lords of Shadow on the 360 and it would be stupid for me to buy it for like 20 bucks.

I'd totally enjoy having it as a pre-order bonus item though.

Edit: oh god rise of the triad http://steamdb.info/app/217140/

Chronoja

Yeah, I checked that url. I don't see the stuff there though. What's/Where's the program?

Edit: Or maybe I'm just dumb and don't know how to read it?

The Apps tab relates to individual items, games, dlc, trailers etc

The Packages tab relates to bundles, specials etc.

Both are listed in chronological order, so stuff thats updated recently appears on the first page going back.

I hope it's Lords of Shadow 1 and comes at a good price. Combat was somewhere between God of War and DMC/Bayonetta in quality but I never got to finish it because of the framerate.

Derrick01

Banned
What was good about it? I know Vinny from Giant Bomb was alright with it... most people made it sound like Castlevania + God of War, which doesn't sound very good at all.

It is like that although it has better combat than god of war. But it has great environment and enemy design and some memorable moments and a strong ending unlike most games now.

I hope it's Lords of Shadow 1 and comes at a good price. Combat was somewhere between God of War and DMC/Bayonetta in quality but I never got to finish it because of the framerate.

As I hinted at above, you missed a hell of an ending.

werent we all watching the same livestream at the same time though?

I remember a collective "FFFFFFUCK" from GAF

Well, there were two trailers, one from E3 and one from the VGAs, both spoilery. I think you hadn't seen the one from E3 and were spoiled by the VGA trailer. I might be misremembering though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom