• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYC

Banned
I love everyone on GAF, and I also have just over 5 bucks in my Steam wallet.

First person to PM me with their Steam ID gets a copy of Killing Floor.

Edit: Taken by Sir Jables!
Deques, you technically won but I already bought KF and not the DLC, sorry :L

Deques

I love everyone on GAF, and I also have just over 5 bucks in my Steam wallet.

First person to PM me with their Steam ID gets a copy of Killing Floor.

Edit: Taken by Sir Jables!
Deques, you technically won but I already bought KF and not the DLC, sorry :L

Haha, it's ok :D As long as I won, it's all that matters

Now all we need is something to make you actually use all of those newly categorised purchases.

Use? Why would I want to use them? I want to see them nicely categorized :)
Everytime I see you avatar I see Barney Stinson for some reason

Dr Dogg

Use? Why would I want to use them? I want to see them nicely categorized :)

Yeah my Steam OCD usally gets the better of me. Well until things go tits up and all my categories are lost due to some weird Mac problems when I sign in at work.

Everytime I see you avatar I see Barney Stinson for some reason

Probably because it's Doogie Howser MD who was also played by NPH. Which happened to be one of the many nicknames I have but from mainly from way back when growing up but it ties together nicely with my name here 'Dr Dogg' and comes full circles with a few other bits an bobs. Tenuous links I know!

Deques

Have you even watched Doogie Howser?

Probably because it's Doogie Howser MD who was also played by NPH. Which happened to be one of the many nicknames I have but from mainly from way back when growing up but it ties together nicely with my name here 'Dr Dogg' and comes full circles with a few other bits an bobs. Tenuous links I know!

Oh, I didn't know it was NLP. I haven't watched Doogie Howser MD. I don't think it's been broadcast in Sweden before.

kaleii

Oh, I didn't know it was NLP. I haven't watched Doogie Howser MD. I don't think it's been broadcast in Sweden before.

Good old Neil Latrick Parris.

And Doogie Howser MD was broadcast in Sweden as "Dr Howser" back in 1989-1993. I remember it ... not fondly, but still.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah my Steam OCD usally gets the better of me. Well until things go tits up and all my categories are lost due to some weird Mac problems when I sign in at work.
Off-topic, but I was skimming through your post (don't take it personal!) and read the bolded part as "Fleetwood Mac". I immediately thought "Oh great, are we talking about music now?" Only now I realise you were talking about something completely unrelated to the band that made Rumours :(

I remember the day my music teacher told me that Formula 1 music was actually 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac. I had no idea who this band was, so was excited to go out and buy the album with 'The Chain' on it. I made a huge mistake.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I remember the day my music teacher told me that Formula 1 music was actually 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac. I had no idea who this band was, so was excited to go out and buy the album with 'The Chain' on it. I made a huge mistake.
You're kidding, right? How can you say "The chain" and "huge mistake" in the same sentence, unless it's said in the sentence you're reading now?

I'm so glad I found the 3 CD remastered edition so soon after its release, and for a reasonable price.

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow. Don't stop, it'll soon be here. It'll be better than before. Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone."

Dr Dogg

Off-topic, but I was skimming through your post (don't take it personal!) and read the bolded part as "Fleetwood Mac". I immediately thought "Oh great, are we talking about music now?" Only now I realise you were talking about something completely unrelated to the band that made Rumours :(

Hahahaha no worries. No I've used a Apple Macintosh Pro at work for nearing 13 years and when Steam was finally released for it there was some odd quirks as to how your custom categories carried over. If you installed a title that was Steamplay but had 2 different versions ie Civ IV or GTA III but moved one copy to one category but left the other i a different one it would overwrite the changes you had just made. First sign you'd notice is when you signed back in on a PC was that everything you had done was lost. Since then I've just used the Favorites category for what I'm working on and let the rest collect digital dust but it has been fixed now for a long time but I still have nightmares.

NZNova

FloatOn

I replayed it last week and now im replaying 2 and man, 2 aged much, MUCH better.

being able to have both your hands up alone gave it 10 more years of relevance

being limited to one hand at a time WAS pretty dumb.

I may as well play 2 while the memory of this one is still fresh.

Forkball

gabe_newell__left_4_dead_by_darren_geers_by_darrengeers-d5ye91p.jpg

Yes.

Megasoum

Banned
What's the website again where I can see the price history of steam games? I'm wondering when the last time (if ever) Rollercoaster tycoon 3 was discounted. Especially considering it's 10$ more expensive than on other sites.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Better combat, pacing, and more interesting boss encounters.

I don't think any of 1-3 are particularly well-paced, have combat to write home about, and maybe 2-3 bosses in each game were truly great.

Castlevania isn't perfect, but it will hold its own against GOW1-3 just fine once the performance issues are fixed by PC.

Bumhead

Banned
Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. Really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The story, as mentioned by most who have played it, really is very good.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Crapshot and it doesn't really matter much, but is there any way I can trigger the Steam hardware and software survey in a different computer? It showed up when I opened Steam on my Mac and I want to answer it on my Windows machine since the hardware scan is automatic and that's where I play games.

Also, if I select "no thanks" will it never show up again or will it still come up next month? I want to help with the local stats and having it pop on the wrong machine won't allow that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crapshot and it doesn't really matter much, but is there any way I can trigger the Steam hardware and software survey in a different computer? It showed up when I opened Steam on my Mac and I want to answer it on my Windows machine since the hardware scan is automatic and that's where I play games.

Also, if I select "no thanks" will it never show up again or will it still come up next month? I want to help with the local stats and having it pop on the wrong machine won't allow that.

Participants are selected randomly. Valve only polls a sample of the Steam userbase at a time.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Participants are selected randomly. Valve only polls a sample of the Steam userbase at a time.
I see, thanks. I'll just reply to it on the Mac then, I do use Steam on it for purchases and wishlist purposes anyway. :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
No. Though I do intend on correcting seeing Apocalypse Now.

I'm going to assume exposure to either one of those significantly reduces the impact of Spec Ops, though.

Well yeah, Spec Ops borrows a lot of themes from Apoc which is HOD in in wartime Nam/Cambodia. Far Cry 2 also borrowed heavily from HOD as well, to the point of straight up taking place in Africa. But the name Conrad in Spec Ops is a direct reference to the author of HOD.

Spec Ops puts a spin on it by using aspects of game design to fuck with the player.

Chronoja

New Misc Sales

Gamersgate (offers page)

Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity 66% off

Quantum Conundrum 70% off

King Arthur - The Roleplaying Wargame 75% off

King Arthur Collection 75% off(Main game + Knights and vassals dlc and Legendary Artifacts Dlc)

Individual Dlc
- King Arthur: Fallen Champions DLC 75% off
- King Arthur: Knights and Vassals DLC 75% off
- King Arthur: Legendary Artifacts DLC 75% off
- King Arthur: The Druids Expansion 75% off
- King Arthur: The Saxons DLC 75% off

Inversion 50% off

RACE Injection 40% off

RACE 07 70% off (Do Not buy this. The codes for the other racing games, STCC, On and I think GTR all add Race 07 to your games library. Buying this with the other items results in a wasted key. Buy STCC The Game, the same price and effectively double the game)

STCC The Game 70% off

GTR Evolution 70% off

RACE On 70% off

The keys for these 4 racing games are really odd. I'll quote what JaseC said in case anyone else is interested.
I bought GTR Evolution, Race 07, Race On and STCC: The Game, and there are a few things to note:

- The key for GTR Evolution activates GTR Evolution, Race 07 and the Race 07 Formula RaceRoom DLC
- The key for Race 07 activates Race 07 and the Race 07 Formula RaceRoom DLC
- The key for Race On activates Race 07, the Race 07 Formula RaceRoom DLC, Race On and STCC: The Game
- The key for STCC: The Game activates Race 07, the Race 07 Formula RaceRoom DLC and STCC: The Game

Basically, if you want all of the above, just buy GTR Evolution and Race On.

Gala Store (Active Deals)

Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops - $9.99
Mata Hari - $4.99
Helldorado - $4.99
Grand Ages: Rome - $7.49
Cargo: Quest for Gravity - $4.99
Alter Ego - $9.99
Arcania - $4.99
Arcania: Fall of Setarrif - $3.49

GameFly (sales page)

The Walking Dead
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Football Manager 2013

All should be steam redeemable. I'll add more if I find any

nexen

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. Really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The story, as mentioned by most who have played it, really is very good.

Weird, I just finished it last night too. Agreed, game really had me going at the end. Was mildly bored for the first few hours though, I have to admit

Have you read Heart of Darkness or seen Apocalypse Now?

I saw Apocalypse Now so long ago that all I can barely remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom