• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was kinda hoping Fork Parker was serious last year when he said he would go after it :(

I think he was; Atari is just uncooperative. In ~August 2012 Jace Hall was given the green light to release a remaster of Blood, but about six months later, in February 2013, Atari had a change of heart and rescinded its approval.

Nabs

Might try streaming a playthrough of Dark Souls soon, I've never played the game before and I want people to experience my demise.

Loaded it up for laughs, and it looks like this:
Looks like I'll need to reinstall DSfix. :lol

ibcHNVVvjLzWRG.gif

I think he was; Atari is just uncooperative. In ~August 2012 Jace Hall was given the green light to release a remaster of Blood, but about six months later, in February 2013, Atari had a change of heart and rescinded its approval.

The hell is wrong with them?

Cheddahz

Banned
You too? No. :(

My school schedule is going to be crazy busy for the next week or so (I have three exams coming up, two of them are on the same day) and I figured that not attending to GAF would help me not be distracted as much (because believe me...you can get distracted pretty easily by being on here)

mrgone

What game did you want from it? I have a few extra keys from that bundle.

That stinks. I have a spare copy of Interstellar in my Steam inventory if you'd like it. The other games have all been redeemed though.

Actually I was just looking to give Interstellar a try. I'd forgotten to go back and actually buy the bundle after they extended it at the last second when they added the last Steam game

Turfster

People have mentioned the Rebellion Classics sale, right?
Evil Genius, Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper and Sniper Elite 75% off

Edit:
Oh, I guess the pancake bundle games are known.
  • Bad Hotel
  • Survivor Squad
  • Eleusis
  • Gimbal
  • Talisman Prologue
  • Goodfolks

Matchew

My school schedule is going to be crazy busy for the next week or so (I have three exams coming up, two of them are on the same day) and I figured that not attending to GAF would help me not be distracted as much (because believe me...you can get distracted pretty easily by being on here)

Why don't you just stay off GAF? Being ban doesn't mean you still can't come to GAF and view. Seems weird that you have to be ban just to stay off GAF.

Actually I was just looking to give Interstellar a try. I'd forgotten to go back and actually buy the bundle after they extended it at the last second when they added the last Steam game

Well I have interstellar marines in my inventory so if you haven't gotten it yet you can add me on steam (if you don't have me already) my steam name is arts&crafts not sure how to link my profile without logging onto the actual steam website but that takes a while with the security codes and such

Grief.exe

Might try streaming a playthrough of Dark Souls soon, I've never played the game before and I want people to experience my demise.

y7ayfUp.jpg

Loaded it up for laughs, and it looks like this:
Looks like I'll need to reinstall DSfix. :lol

Need to check out the readme

Why don't you just stay off GAF? Being ban doesn't mean you still can't come to GAF and view. Seems weird that you have to be ban just to stay off GAF.

Easier said than done for some people, myself included.

neoism

Guys does anyone know when Castlevaina is out and if I can use a VPN right now and get it or not????

Also wtf at that price is it anywhere cheaper..??

Why don't you just quit drinking alcohol? Avoiding bars doesn't mean you still can't get some beer and drink. Seems weird that you have to stay out of bars just to keep from drinking.

JaseC

Guys does anyone know when Castlevaina is out and if I can use a VPN right now and get it or not????

Also wtf at that price is it anywhere cheaper..??

The game unlocks in the US in 22 hours. You could use a VPN to buy it from Nuuvem for ~$38.20 (activating it wouldn't require one).

JaseC

sigh

and what about Nolf and AvP2? Are those Fox properties?

Apparently nobody knows who owns NOLF, but I firmly believe it's buried at Acti somewhere under all the company reshuffles (Fox Interactive -> Vivendi Interactive -> Acti-Blizz). Sega lays claim to the AvP games but since the sequel was developed by Monolith it's unlikely to get a re-release on digital services as this would require Sega and WB to agree on a revenue split.

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs.

DocSeuss

Apparently nobody knows who owns NOLF, but I firmly believe it's buried at Acti somewhere under all the company reshuffles (Fox Interactive -> Vivendi Interactive -> Acti-Blizz). Sega lays claim to the AvP games but since the sequel was developed by Monolith it's unlikely to get a re-release on digital services as this would require Sega and WB to agree on a revenue split.

I know what's wrong, but I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it.

I can say--because it's public knowledge, that Monolith currently (at least, as of last spring, when I did the research) owns the rights to "A Spy in H.A.R.M's Way." The trademark, that is.

And Acti also has Heretic 2 buried somewhere....

Someone please save these games!

I'm hoping for a sale on all resident evil games as a way to celebrate resident evil 4 coming out. I really just want a reasonable ($5) price on revelations.

mrgone

Well I have interstellar marines in my inventory so if you haven't gotten it yet you can add me on steam (if you don't have me already) my steam name is arts&crafts not sure how to link my profile without logging onto the actual steam website but that takes a while with the security codes and such

Thanks so much arts&crafts! I'll think of you when I'm getting devoured by a land shark or however that particular bit of insanity works in the game :)

And thanks for the offer MakeshiftChef! You guys are awesome <3

Matchew

Why don't you just quit drinking alcohol? Avoiding bars doesn't mean you still can't get some beer and drink. Seems weird that you have to stay out of bars just to keep from drinking.

Huh? I'm 28 and have like 2 beers every 2 months. And how does drinking alcohol and anything to do with viewing a game forum? I wasn't trying to be a dick just honestly wondering because being ban doesn't mean you still stop viewing GAF.

JaseC

I know what's wrong, but I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it.

I can say--because it's public knowledge, that Monolith currently (at least, as of last spring, when I did the research) owns the rights to "A Spy in H.A.R.M's Way." The trademark, that is.

Yeah, the subtitles went with Monolith to WB, but the trademark listings for both Spy and Jack are dead.

And Acti also has Heretic 2 buried somewhere....

I really wish Acti would just handball Heretic 2 to CDPR.

DocSeuss

Yeah, the subtitles went with Monolith to WB, but the trademark listings for both Spy and Jack are dead.

Right. There's a bit more to it than that; it's not as simple as "nobody knows." Stuff is happening, but not much.

I'd heard another story (this one apparently false) that it was Fox that retained the rights to NOLF because they wanted to make a movie, which may explain why some people think "nobody knows," but, like I said, apparently false.

System Shock 2's story was a biiiiit similar, except that EA ended up abandoning the trademark, so Star Insurance picked it up. Not sure how Night Dive wrangled the rights from Star, but it sounds like they're working together on it.

AvP2 isn't getting distributed, as far as I'm aware, because it's a similar situation to Wolfenstein 2009. That is, Activision owns the game (not sure how Bethesda managed to nab Quake IV; they're 'trying' to get Wolf 09, apparently), but they can't distribute, because they don't own the license. Basically, Sega would have to buy AvP2 from Activision, and it isn't worth it to them to do so.

nexen

don't the trademark/copyright of these things expire ... ever? I mean, one day, when I'm old(er) and grey(er) will these things be public domain?

Grandpa wants to play a little NOLF, you know?

edit: oh, yaaaay. One of the worst games in my library is rescued from GFWL.

edit edit: Bethesda got 'Quake' because id retained the rights to all 'quake' games, regardless of who was publishing and/or developing them. When Zenimax bought id they also acquired rights to all quake games.

Grief.exe

Ace Combat was ported by QLOC, so getting them to remove GFWL was probably an easy decision.

Meanwhile From is in heavy crunch mode to get the PC version out. After that release, they will probably be able to free up some of the team to work on the GFWL removal.

The timing is almost perfect really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom