• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

25% off Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/357190

Finally Solid Snake Returns
530-90_58e30f770b691.jpg

This kind of looks like a permission issue to me.

I'd try moving the game to a different Steam-library. It reads like you've installed it in the default location, try installing it on a different partition or even just to a library on the same drive but outside of Program Files.
I would agree with this, I don't know what it could be other than a permissions issue. Try installing it not to Program Files, make sure Steam itself is Admin mode, things like that. Are there multiple user accounts on your PC? I have occasionally seen that do weird things to permissions when it's trying to use a User folder.
Just gave this a shot. Made an entirely new Steam directory outside of Program Files and solely have Revelations redownloaded on it. Ran both Steam and Revelations as administrator. Still fails to save.

Village

Character who will never show up again cosplaying as a character who will never show up again.

You nuts if you think Chris the character they used as the Face of the series, every time it changes, and it just changed, is leaving.

You know damn well you getting new lame looking chris.

Wok

Just started Yooka-Laylee.

Dear god the voices...Fucking hell....

*mute*

The sad thing is you have to mute all the effects to remove the voices. 😖

Ideally, there would be a slider for music, effects, and voices.

Even better, give a slider for each voice actor independently. 😄

Coreda

By voices you mean the cut-up gobbledygook speak? From clips I heard it sounds pretty much like those games have always sounded. Or does it become worse?

Ozium

konami is a great video game company hope they port some classics to steam now that they are facing a new era of customer service now that they have gotten rid of the baggage known as hideo that was weighing them down

#thankonami

Wok

konami is a great video game company hope they port some classics to steam now that they are facing a new era of customer service now that they have gotten rid of the baggage known as hideo that was weighing them down

#thankonami

Speaking of Hideo, I have finally started playing MGSV:TPP which I bought in 2015 for 30€. I like it. It is a mix of Splinter Cell and Just Cause.

Arthea

#thankonami

so edgy

did something happen again?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header.jpg
header.jpg

Outlast 2 and Little Nightmares release on Steam next week (Outlast 2 on the 25th, Little Nightmares on the 28th). Little Nightmares is getting rave reviews, and Outlast 2 reviews aren't live yet, but just know I've heard from a few little birdie's it's very good too which might be a new indie horror darling (wish I could say more).

Gonna' be a great week for horror fans.

Amzin

Just gave this a shot. Made an entirely new Steam directory outside of Program Files and solely have Revelations redownloaded on it. Ran both Steam and Revelations as administrator. Still fails to save.

OK, round two then, try and exclude that new directory from all anti-virus / scanny programs you have, or outright disable them to test it. This includes Windows Defender.

It looks like the game creates the save in the steam folder, only thing I can think of is something is still blocking it somehow because otherwise it makes no sense. SOME games put saves in Steam folder but config / ini files in the Userdata folders, and maybe something is going on there?

If the anti-virus exclusion thing doesn't help, I would check and make sure there's no random other user accounts (or intentional user accounts) set up in Windows because I've had weird issues where I couldn't access my own Documents folder because it got flagged as owned by another user somehow. That was like Windows 8 so who knows if that problem still exists but probably.

Nillansan

You thought Momodora IV was the 2D Dark Souls? Here's Momodora V trailer.
Looks terrible TBH

You should probably mention that it is early footage as stated by the developer.

XZacNFl.png

I got excited... but that did not last long. It looks really bad as of now, but I'm sure it will be a fun game.

I think it looks pretty good considering it's early footage, Bomb Service is a small team and they've got a ton of work ahead of them and that likely includes polishing up the animations.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's the best one too.

The new characters were trash, the balancing on the game was whack and the exploits instead of being fun made the game more annoying, the speed trying to slow down from the others to add depth didnt help. The stages and music were a step down from the previous games and the voice acting went into another kind of awful. Primal Fury and 3 remains unbothered.

You should probably mention that it is early footage as stated by the developer.

XZacNFl.png

I think it looks pretty good considering it's early footage, Bomb Service is a small team and they've got a ton of work ahead of them and that likely includes polishing up the animations.

It will be fine. He likes showing early progress and show how the game transforms based on Momodora 4 development and we shall see how things polish. What we saw is pretty much the prototype showing the skeleton of the game and the idea of the visuals it may go for. It will be fine in the end most likely.

Kudo

Anybody using a Switch Pro Controller with Steam? I can't get the left stick to work properly. In Big Picture only left and down are detected, and in-game I can move in the right directions but only as if I'm barely leaning the stick.

Any ideas? This is the kind of thing "Hide DS4" used to fix with that controller.

Not supported properly yet, the Switch stick has lot smaller zones than other controllers, I'll link you the post if I find it again as someone did tests on it.

Found it http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232964889&postcount=59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom