• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Hmmm would Disney or Capcom give us a heads up if UMVC3 ever gets delisted at some point?

wbacon plz respond.

As a general policy, we cannot disclose business terms we have in place with our partners.

That said, if we ever do cross that bridge, we'll do our best to give heads up as we have done so in the past.

Jawmuncher

As a general policy, we cannot disclose business terms we have in place with our partners.

That said, if we ever do cross that bridge, we'll do our best to give heads up as we have done so in the past.

Speaking of which. Ask disney if you can relist MVC 1&2 again please.

Mr. Tibbs

To some extent that's the catch-22 with most of the big publishers it seems. Support devs who made a thing you like, or spite the guys up top?

It's definitely true that all publishers have done something wrong in the past. For me though, while everyone else is playing checkers when it comes to being assholes, Bethesda's playing chess.

Ehat Zenimax did was so egregiously evil, including, but not limited to, lying about their failed hostile takeover attempt and the quality of the game, sabotaging the studios future deals with other publishers through carefully timed PR releases, and attempting to erase any history the developer had with the game, that I could never imagine supporting any of their Prey efforts. It has moved far beyond just disrespectful behavior, like rebooting a game in a direction some invested people might not appreciate, into purposefully malicious stuff only sociopaths can manage.

Jawmuncher

Well, I want Prey 2 because it's really System Shock 3 =/

Prey 2 was a bounty hunter game tho
logo-prey2.png

Also in a sense Prey is kinda redundant. Since we're getting System Shock 3 and a remake of 1.

Annubis

Wait... I think I got confused somewhere...

There's the new Prey thing (which is not really Prey) that's like System Shock 3 in disguise and System Shock 3?

Jawmuncher

#NotMyPrey

until the first sale

I do plan on playing it at some point regardless. Definitely won't support them day one with those tactics they pulled on Human Head though. Still wish they had just done a cheap remaster of Prey 1, which probably would have counted for them to keep the name. It didn't really do anything for Arkanes spirtual succesor to SS3 besides create some animosity with original prey fans.

Mr. Tibbs

Wait... I think I got confused somewhere...

There's the new Prey thing (which is not really Prey) that's like System Shock 3 in disguise and System Shock 3?

System Shock 3 was announced in late 2015. It's being developed by Otherside Entertainment's Austin studio, with Warren Spector at the helm, and will be published by Starbreeze.

Mr. Tibbs

Doomedfool

I do plan on playing it at some point regardless. Definitely won't support them day one with those tactics they pulled on Human Head though. Still wish they had just done a cheap remaster of Prey 1, which probably would have counted for them to keep the name. It didn't really do anything for Arkanes spirtual succesor to SS3 besides create some animosity with original prey fans.

If the reviews are good, I will most likely pick it up around release. Games like this (Immersive sim is what we are calling them now?), are some of my favorite, and they don't come around nearly enough for me.

They could have called this game anything, and had it be less of a middle finger to the devs they screwed over, though. Then again, I don't remember enough of what was talked about with Prey 2 to know if it had anything to do with the first game either, or if it was also going to just be using the name and not much else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Prey, I was crook as a dog over Easter and throghout my travels of 80s horror films developed an appreciation for Barbara Crampton because goddamn.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Prey 2017 -- MB-6DD607BAB4CD5DDF - Taken by Nabs. 12 entrants total. Trivia Question: What is the name of the contraption that resonates with the main characters (minus "the")?

t1492827438z1.png

Jawmuncher

I never knew you could have a trivia raffle. How does that work? A right answer wins, but if not it goes through everyone that attempted?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JaseC so jelly of Cate he had to find some semi-gothy Seahorse.

Seahorse dont do goth JaseC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
LOL. I didn't enter because I couldn't figure it out. Of course, that was because I was trying to find the answer having to do with the main character in Prey instead of the the image up above.

And yes, I feel like a fricken idiot. :D

Haha, admittedly context was lacking, but I didn't want to give away the answer.

JaseC so jelly of Cate he had to find some semi-gothy Seahorse.

Seahorse dont do goth JaseC

Blanchett is an Aussie, so it's all good.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1018114

Well of course, I definitely know discussing any business deals with Disney/Marvel is of poor judgment.

Still, I know Capcom warned us before of UMVC3 being delisted on PSN/XBLA and I believe it was the same for MVC2. So I'm kind of relieved you guys would hopefully do the same thing for UMVC3 on PS4/X1/PC.

with the capcom guy here, can you pleas get the first 3 resident evil games on steam. people have been begging for them for a while. the two dino crisis games too.

Ludens

Banned
with the capcom guy here, can you pleas get the first 3 resident evil games on steam. people have been begging for them for a while. the two dino crisis games too.

I think they won't, since REmake pretty much replaced the original game, and REmake 2 is coming, so possibly a remake of RE3 will follow.
Still, would be an amazing thing having classic games available on GOG/Steam with Dino Crisis titles too.
I mean, a PC version is already a thing, just work on it to be compatible with modern OS, and sell it for cheap, easy money for Capcom and fans would be happy too.

Eila

I think they won't, since REmake pretty much replaced the original game, and REmake 2 is coming, so possibly a remake of RE3 will follow.
Still, would be an amazing thing having classic games available on GOG/Steam with Dino Crisis titles too.
I mean, a PC version is already a thing, just work on it to be compatible with modern OS, and sell it for cheap, easy money for Capcom and fans would be happy too.

Pretty sure RE3 at a least works out of the box on W10. It even has gamepad support.
Although running the game over 800 x 600 (or was it 640 x 480) broke the sprites for me.

FLD

If they don't fuck up REmake 2, then I really, really hope this happens. With Code Veronica likely on the way, it would be a shame for RE3 to be the only mainline entry lacking a modern version.

Tomasety

73% - The Technomancer - 7.99€
Gamebillet is an approved digital distributor but got paypal removed as a payment method not long time ago.

It's the historical lowest price ever.

I also suspect we might see a Deep Silver Humble Bundle very soon.

11 hours into The Last Remnant. Impressions so far:

- You guys weren't joking: the main character is the most stereotypical JRPG protagonist possible. Cringeworthy writing.

- The voice acting... actually isn't bad. But my standards are very low for video game voice acting. Is it on the same level as The Witcher 3? No, of course not, but that's more a function of TW3's vastly superior writing.

- Sidequests are... ehh. Most haven't been too bad, but I just did one where I had to run around a way-too-large and featureless desert area and activate some pillars or some shit. What a boring quest. It's a little late and I was literally nodding off while running across that bland ass area.

- I've been desperately avoiding battles as much as possible because of your warnings. What a stupid leveling design. Why would you punish the player for wanting to enjoy your combat system? Speaking of that...

- As I said earlier I'm typically against turned-based combat, but this game does it pretty well. It's clearly very deep and there's a lot I still don't understand (yes I've browsed the Wikia but I'm trying not to depend too much on it). It's fun enough to keep me playing despite my other gripes about the game.

- I'm pretty sure I've fucked up on a few characters; I originally wanted David and Torgal to be mystic users but now I'm having them using weapon arts, and I heard you're supposed to only focus on one or the other. Currently I have Rush, Pagus, and Loki as my mystic union, Emma, Torgal, and David as weapon arts union #1, and Baulson, Blocter, and some random hire as weapon arts union #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom