• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Just finished the Mankind Divided base game. Found it to be on par/a little better than Human Revolution for the most part. My biggest complaint was not being able to put a silencer on the sniper rifle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bloop -- MB-4427C4008399277B - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.

t1491118564z1.png

this thread was here

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Damn Not a Hero really does get a serious difficulty spike. I'm on mission 18 and the one hit kill ninjas are annoying as hell. 3 more levels after this, hope I can make it to the end, nevermind the side objectives.

Also there's something weird with my Steam client: it constantly has to 'update' on startup. When I close the client I now get a pop up box I can't even read before the client closes, wonder what it says.

I looked online and supposedly it's because Steam didn't fully close or something, but I can't see anything in task manager. Maybe I should do a re-install.

Hektor

So uh, is yooka laylee good? Haven't heard much buzz whether the game is good or not.

Jim Sterling, the man who knows more about gaming than all those that have an axe to grind, did not like it.

I did my deed and started shitposting the steam forums over it

kagamin

Let's kick this month off right!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King -- MB-A35B5221F3B3DA1F - Taken by Ludens. 34 entrants total.
This game just came out last week!

t1491205970z1.png

Dinosur

I drank too much tonight and kept buying gmg lootcrates which gave the absolute dumbest shit... If I did this modbot thing wrong, well, no one loses because these games are ass and I'm going to bed so I won't even know.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dinosur, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

3079 BLOCK ACTION RPG -- MB-BA439DBE51AE93B7
3089 FUTURISTIC ACTION RPG -- MB-061E8E43DEFE6093
4089 GHOST WITHIN -- MB-547B116FE0E8026A - Taken by Powerpuff
4089 GHOST WITHIN #2 -- MB-06C5ACB7C9AF338D - Taken by rainking187
CHRONOLOGY -- MB-9F95F533664540C2 - Taken by voodooray
CRAZY BELTS -- MB-8A05BC81A48A8DE1
EXPERT RIFLEMAN RELOADED -- MB-7F882F1631F80F27 - Taken by Abomination
EXPERT RIFLEMAN RELOADED #2 -- MB-EBF7C6D34EA127D6 - Taken by Eila
FREEBIE -- MB-59701F76A6593B42
HYPOSPHERE -- MB-284C0C2C15858498
HYPOSPHERE #2 -- MB-B40AEAA262DA2A74
IDOL HANDS -- MB-F290AC3F9A71E74D - Taken by MaxiLive
IDOL HANDS #2 -- MB-A6CCEF39D5B23392
IONBALL 2 IONSTORM -- MB-25B8329A566C4BAF
LAST INUA -- MB-754DA40AD909824E
MAELSTROM -- MB-7AD4E09283A9D5EA
MAELSTROM #2 -- MB-2A9878C6B6F3363E
NASH RACING -- MB-E95081859B77A790 - Taken by Henry Swanson
OPERATION FLASHPOINT RED RIVER -- MB-82951D7918F62B52 - Taken by Shalashaska
SLIPSTREAM 5000 -- MB-1A5639680A65CF2E - Taken by Accoun
SPERMINATION -- MB-4F53ABE0734A6B7D - Taken by bobnowhere
TURBO PUG DX -- MB-F1D3DDE9B36E4BB3 - Taken by alr1ght
TURBO PUG DX #2 -- MB-25427ADBE3E23A74

Kudo

Momodora on sale.. Should I get it or wait for it? Need something short to pass time until P5 and it looks good, and iirc Durante singed praises for it.

Javier23

Banned
This is what it says:

"Humble Bundle - Games from Humble Indie Bundle 1-17
The Internet
Redemption deadline is April 18th, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Pacific. Copies estimated to ship by April 30th. Redeem via your Download Page."

I haven't bought it, but I'd be really surprised if they were pretending to sell you games.
Keep reading, don't stop there:

"With this dear-to-our-hearts collection of printed Wikipedia articles, you'll dive into Humble Bundle's humble beginnings. Then, bundle up for some cool facts about all the Humble Indie Bundles from 1 to 17.

Catalogs and chronicles the humble bundling beginnings of the humblest bundling bundlers this side of the not-so-humble infobahn."

Want some cool facts for 35$? No one's pretending to sell you any games.

Ludens

Banned
Just completed Ringed City (well, I still miss the secret boss, didn't find him yet) but I think I'm rather disappointed with it.
First, the dlc is not so long as people say. of course is longer compared to the first dlc, and it's less boring, but there's the very first part of it which is rather uninspired (you can simply run from the first bonfire to the second one skipping all enemies, and considering there are neverending spawning enemies, when you realize that, running is really the best option to not waste your time).
The second part is a big poisonous swamp filled with enemies you can't kill normally, they can one-shot you and curse you. Here you need to find a way to take care of them, dodging death rays in the middle.
The last area is less linear, with some shortcuts etc.
Bosses are rather disappointing, really nothing new in the series.
EDIT: Tried the secret boss too. Well, considering his health, the damage you do (very poor) and the awful camera, defeating him is a very hard task. I mean, you know about Souls games and big enemies, the camera goes to hell and you pass the fight fighting with it.

I think, in the end, those dlcs are not worth 30€. They are not bad, but not even good. DS2 DLCs were much better.

gngf123

Momodora on sale.. Should I get it or wait for it? Need something short to pass time until P5 and it looks good, and iirc Durante singed praises for it.

It was Durante's GOTY last year, and my number 2.

It's excellent. Go for it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It doesn't seem like a lot of people have caught on to Humble's April 1st prank? It's a lot like the Freedom bundle in terms of value. Someone should probably a make a thread about it, since 668 bundles sold seems kinda low.

https://www.humblebundle.com/wikipedia

https://pediapress.com/books/show/7b16369716590cfad2b724966c2d4/

35$ Tier:

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 1

World of Goo
Aquaria (video game)
Gish (video game)
Penumbra: Overture
Lugaru
Samorost 2

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 2

Braid (video game)
Cortex Command
Machinarium
Osmos
Revenge of the Titans

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 3

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs (video game)
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves
Steel Storm
Atom Zombie Smasher

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 4

Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
Bit.Trip Runner
Super Meat Boy
Shank (video game)
Nicklas Nygren
Cave Story
Gratuitous Space Battles

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle V

Bastion (video game)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Limbo (video game)
Psychonauts
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Lone Survivor (video game)

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 6

Torchlight
Rochard
Shatter (video game)
Space Pirates and Zombies
Vessel (video game)
Dustforce
Wizorb

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 7

The Binding of Isaac (video game)
Closure (video game)
Shank 2
Snapshot (video game)
Indie Game: The Movie
Legend of Grimrock
Dungeon Defenders
The Basement Collection
Offspring Fling

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 8

Thomas Was Alone
Capsized (video game)
Dear Esther
Awesomenauts
Little Inferno
Hotline Miami
Proteus (video game)
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
English Country Tune
Oil Rush

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 9

Trine 2
Mark of the Ninja
Brütal Legend
FTL: Faster Than Light
Fez (video game)
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle X

To the Moon
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Papo & Yo
Runner2
Reus (video game)
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Starbound
Hoard (video game)
Strike Suit Zero
Toki Tori 2

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 11

Guacamelee!
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
The Swapper
Antichamber
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 12

SteamWorld Dig
Hammerwatch
Gunpoint (video game)
Prison Architect
Papers, Please
Luftrausers
Gone Home
The Bridge (video game)
Race the Sun (video game)

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 13

OlliOlli
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Tower of Guns
Teleglitch
Shadowrun Returns
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Jazzpunk
Risk of Rain
The Novelist
Eldritch (video game)
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 14

Pixel Piracy
Unepic
Outlast
Torchlight II
La-Mulana
140 (video game)
The Incredible Machine (series)
Shadow Warrior (2013 video game)

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 15

Gang Beasts
Skullgirls
Planetary Annihilation
Xenonauts
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Q.U.B.E.
Goodbye Deponia
Deponia (video game)
Chaos on Deponia

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 16

Retro City Rampage
Never Alone (video game)
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power
Door Kickers
Sunless Sea
Duet (video game)
Forced

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 17

Lethal League
The Beginner's Guide
Galak-Z: The Dimensional
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Super Time Force
Nuclear Throne

Chapter: To be continued...

I'd wager the To be continued implies more will be added later.

Even if it's not a joke with books: $35 for a bunch of indies that have a smattering of things I already own is too rich for my blood.

Humble has been disappointing outside of their No Starch Press bundles for the past year or two. :/

Just finished the Mankind Divided base game. Found it to be on par/a little better than Human Revolution for the most part. My biggest complaint was not being able to put a silencer on the sniper rifle.

Yeah, it's a pretty damn good Deus Ex game. It's so pretty as well, I'd replay it later this year. Not sure why people found it lacking especially when compared to HR.

Huh, just noticed that Thea: The Awakening (that glorious 4X I keep talking about every few months) had a sequel announced:

Thea 2: The Shattering

Expand – play as a lonesome nomad – a hero without a home seeking only adventure- or set up multiple camps and multiple villages to claim your own fiefdom. Fight or befriend opposing factions to keep your people safe

Wait...is this a turn-based Mount & Blade?

Aaron D.

l48XzxE.png

Thanks for the push, gonna try it tonight.

Huh. Didn't realize Metroidvania was an actual Steam tag.

Just checked out Salt and Sanctuary and it's looking so damn good. But, is it?

Yeah, don't hesitate on this one.

Game is an amazing 2D take on Dark Souls.

Comparing every difficult game on the planet to Dark Souls is so 2015, but this is a rare case that TOTALLY earns it in both form and function.

Echoplx

Thinking of plaything the the Mass Effect games again, never played the DLC for 2 and only played the multiplayer of 3.

Renegade or Paragon?
I'd choose neutral usually but yknow bioware and there shitty morality systems means it just fucks you over more.

Guys do you know if i change the scale of app/text/other elements that i find in the monitor setting by right-clicking on the desktop will mess up with resolution in games?

Wok

Are you asking about the price? The discount attached to a bundle applies to the total cost to the user. In this case, the total cost of the bundle is 6.56 Eurobucks and the discount is 93%. 6.56 - 93% = 0.46.

I was not asking about the bundle discount, but the discount itself. 99% discount, what is this? Magic?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was not asking about the bundle discount, but the discount itself. 99% discount, what is this? Magic?

The discount attached to the bundle is 93%, but that's crossed out and replaced with 99% in the "Add to cart" section as the full price of the bundle is €30.96 and you're paying €0.46. €30.96 - 98.5% (which is rounded up to 99%) = €0.46.

Wok

The discount attached to the bundle is 93%, but that's crossed out and replaced with 99% in the "Add to cart" section as the full price of the bundle is €30.96 and you're paying €0.46. €30.96 - 98.5% (which is rounded up to 99%) = €0.46.

Thanks. However, you are being too rational here! I agree the computations have to be correct, but who in their right mind would discount so "generously" their games? It is almost like freebies at this point!

Annubis

Thanks. However, you are being too rational here! I agree the computations have to be correct, but who in their right mind would discount so "generously" their games? It is almost like freebies at this point!

They stood to gain more from card sales than actual sale would be my guess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Haha, well, if sales have stalled, then there's not much harm in virtually giving them away for free, especially as an influx of game sales also means an influx of card sales.

Gotchaye

Seeing as Uzzy seems to have intended their thread to be the steam thread for the month, and there were serious posts there with some ModBot giveaways, etc., I've just merged the threads and everything should show up by time posted. Probably the recommendations should be edited into the OP, but I think Uzzy mentioned that they planned to do that today anyway. It is also possible that moving the more recent thread into this one broke ModBot, but I don't know how it works. I'll ask stump when he's around.

The second OP now shows up here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233176395&postcount=185

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom