• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seeing as Uzzy seems to have intended their thread to be the steam thread for the month, and there were serious posts there with some ModBot giveaways, etc., I've just merged the threads and everything should show up by time posted. Probably the recommendations should be edited into the OP, but I think Uzzy mentioned that they planned to do that today anyway. It is also possible that moving the more recent thread into this one broke ModBot, but I don't know how it works. I'll ask stump when he's around.

Judging from Dinosur's giveaway posted earlier, ModBot was attached to this (Uzzy's) thread, but I've made doubly sure of that just to be safe.

MRORANGE

I guess anime won.

John-Krasinski.gif

Pachimari

Is Ghost 1.0 like a Metroidvania? I see it's on sale.

[edit] Welp, bought Lego Worlds and Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deluxe.

Knurek

I've started Batman Oranges, and while I can understand people saying the game is creatively bankrupt (it's literally a Cherry retread) this doesn't make it a bad game.

Sure looks amazing maxed out at 120+ fps

Bowl0l

What will happen to my purchase if i bought a bundle with a game not available in my region?

Edited:
The game is
BLADE ARCUS from Shining: Battle Arena
and based on Steam db, my country is not listed in Information tab, ProhibitDownloadInCountries
https://steamdb.info/app/446040/info/

I will give it a try.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What will happen to my purchase if i bought a bundle with a game not available in my region?

Nothing. Valve doesn't allow publishers to revoke store purchases, only retail keys, although there was that time Rift's Ultimate Edition was mistakenly priced on the Thai store and Trion blacklisted the keys at its end, forcing Valve to refund those who'd purchased it.

Edited:
The game is
BLADE ARCUS from Shining: Battle Arena
and based on Steam db, my country is not listed in Information tab, ProhibitDownloadInCountries
https://steamdb.info/app/446040/info/

I will give it a try.

Yeah, the game will work fine. Generally speaking, games that aren't available in select regions aren't actually region-locked.

Wait the anime steam thread won??

anime-is-awesome.jpg

And between Persona 5, finishing tales of berseria,attack on titan season 2 and cosmic star heroine, I'm gonna be animed out this month.

Grief.exe

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr.Acula, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
header_292x136.jpg

Torment: Tides of Numenera -- MB-A530742BA7918E8A - Taken by trailmix16. 65 entrants total.

t1491145322z1.png

I registered and modbot spat out "Bloodstone 007?" This some kind of lame April fools?

Anyhow, good luck, and if you win, PM me because I have a DLC code, too.

Less than 30 minutes for this Torment raffle, enter it!

I didn't enter because I can't devote the time to CRPGs currently.

I'm having some trouble with the xbox wireless controller adapter for Windows and I was hoping someone could help me out.

Basically, when I try to pair the controller with the adapter, both lights (on the adapter and controller) blink for a while and then the adapter light stabilizes (as it should). However, the controller light continues to blink for a while until the controller powers down.

I'm using the oldest version of the xbox one controller. Made sure to update the firmware through the xbox accessories application. Tried fresh new batteries. Double checked that the adapter drivers are properly installed. Not sure what else I can try. Anyone got any ideas?

Bowl0l

Nothing. Valve doesn't allow publishers to revoke store purchases, only retail keys, although there was that time Rift's Ultimate Edition was mistakenly priced on the Thai store and Trion blacklisted the keys at its end, forcing Valve to refund those who'd purchased it.

Yeah, the game will work fine. Generally speaking, games that aren't available in select regions aren't actually region-locked.
I am happy to confirm that my purchase went through and i am downloading it now.
The bundle name is Studio Saizensen Bundle.

Substituted with anime.
I wish it is substituted with anime. My country only have 18 anime tagged videos listed. The only actual anime videos are ReLife Season 1.

I'm having some trouble with the xbox wireless controller adapter for Windows and I was hoping someone could help me out.

Basically, when I try to pair the controller with the adapter, both lights (on the adapter and controller) blink for a while and then the adapter light stabilizes (as it should). However, the controller light continues to blink for a while until the controller powers down.

I'm using the oldest version of the xbox one controller. Made sure to update the firmware through the xbox accessories application. Tried fresh new batteries. Double checked that the adapter drivers are properly installed. Not sure what else I can try. Anyone got any ideas?

This occasionally happens to me, when it does unplugging the adapter and then plugging it back in a couple seconds later almost always gets the controller to connect.

This occasionally happens to me, when it does unplugging the adapter and then plugging it back in a couple seconds later almost always gets the controller to connect.

I tried that as well, but it didn't help. I actually got the adapter yesterday so it's the first time I'm trying to get it to work.

inky

The Witness broke my brain last night.

It started easy enough but some of the tetris ones took me quite some time to figure out. I did some of the empty blue tetris squares too but I'm not sure I quite understand them all.

Anyway, I'll find out. Not asking for pointers or anything, just sharing my thoughts.

xist

Thinking of plaything the the Mass Effect games again, never played the DLC for 2 and only played the multiplayer of 3.

Renegade or Paragon?
I'd choose neutral usually but yknow bioware and there shitty morality systems means it just fucks you over more.

I'm almost through 2, having done 1 immediately before it, and whilst I like the Renegade responses I can't ever compel myself to go full on renegade. Paragon niceness just seems much more appropriate for a hero figure.

Tizoc

So I've decided to clear these on my PS4-
Snoopy PS4
Uncharted 2

As for steam I am making my way, slowly, through
Thimbleweed Park
Berserk Musou
Oneshot

3DS-
Dragon Quest 8
Picross e7

I should prob. drop most of what I am playing in favour of Picross though, ish is soooooo addicting X3

I bought spiderman shattered dimensions before it got removed, ill play it eventually. I was gonna get it back on ps3 but I remember my friend told me it was fun but it ran like hot garbage. Im hoping it runs way better on pc

Sch1sm

Oh man, the threads got merged. I wonder which one won!

The right thread did.

---

Dunno if anyone here ever played the original KAMI on Steam, but KAMI 2 just released recently (on iOS), and it's pretty solid. Free, too, so if anyone's looking for a portable, zen puzzler that'll last a while, there's that.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So now that April Fools is over is the OP going to get actual good reviews for videogames in it instead of anime?

MRORANGE's thread had lots of great games profiled if OP is looking to find some.

Why did Sega have to make a 10 day countdown to announce a port of a 7 year old game. Just fuck all that noise, tell us the date, and then make us way another 2 years for a new PC port.

Ladekabel

Since it's on sale, I bought Paint it Back. I should read something and write about until tomorrow but I can't stop playing Paint it Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom