• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspected that broforce's inclusion was a mistake. That game has been premium priced for a while now with the rare crappy sale every now and then. Getting in that bundle was easily the cheapest the game had ever been

Well, I was going to do Titan Souls, but it looks like it's nothing super amazing, based off of reviews.

Probably just replace it with RONIN and get:

RONIN
Gods Will Be Watching SE
Not a Hero
Cosmic DJ
Dungeon Hearts

Total comes to $5.19, which is pretty amazing.

Uzzy

Oh Chunners, you truly are the first lady of fighting games.

3968b00738c5affbf28f619c63d3a826.jpg
5a1a86da2cc461b8f5e4116ed998e996.jpg

Pc preorder bonus woo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did they update those games in any meaningful way when they brought them to Steam?
I think I remember promises of proper 16:9 support, but I think that fell through, or possibly I'm misremembering.

Yeah I believe that the games still run 4:3 (with black bars), unfortunately. There are some guides on how to set it up to run 16:9 stretched but it honestly looks kinda horrible that way.

Parsnip

Yeah I believe that the games still run 4:3 (with black bars), unfortunately. There are some guides on how to set it up to run 16:9 stretched but it honestly looks kinda horrible that way.
Ah, that's too bad.
I remember enjoying those games back in the day and the soundtracks are pretty great too.

You can get it for 2.84€ if you add Dungeon Hearts and that DJ Game.
Yeah. It's just a shame that those aren't games that I would actually want.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not banned now :(

Did I forfet it?

Literally banned for less than 8 hours...booo.

I think Stump (a mod) unbanned you so that you could receive your key but I believe he said he was going to re-ban you later today.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh, if the PM didn't send (I can't remember if banned members can receive PMs), SirMossyBloke should be able to get it through my loot or whatever.

yuraya

Guise we are so close to The Phantom Pain. The final thing I gotta do to get ready is extract those 2 scrubs in the Ground Zeroes mission. I never even knew you could extract them I thought the mission was to always kill them.

Also those microtransaction prices for MB coins are absurd. I was thinking maybe a few dollars here n there but they are charging basically the full price game for them. Fucking Konami. Not gonna support them for that bs. I'll just take the one free FOB and that will be all for me. They should have given people who preordered a bunch of free coins. That would have been the proper way of doing things. Hopefully some pc gamer finds a way to mod out that nonsense in due time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dungeon Hearts -- MB-F55250C8FFC9482A - Taken by zkylon

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Konami, please. I just want to start downloading MGS now. ;___;

If you send a PM to ModBot with the subject line my loot and any body, ModBot will send you a list of everything you've run. It's in the troubleshooting FAQ.

I'm not going to reban you until you get your game. Hahaha. Pulling my heart-strings.

I got the game, and sent my thanks via PM.

Thanks for the brief unbanning, I guess now back to it lol

BTW guys, I've been here for years lol

Jawmuncher

I put up a Quick Look of Stasis early this morning. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEbKq-R6ZN0

ss_c13be778f83f08982a214aad5dc0cba526ae3444.600x338.jpg

STASIS feels like a AAA 90's computer game. The animation and visuals of the human models have a distinct 90's quality to them. It's not a bad thing at all, but for some reason the nostalgia center of my brain is going nuts while playing this game, even though it's brand new to me.

It also plays like early PnC adventure games. There is no hand-holding. There isn't a pop-up telling you what you need to do if you get lost. There are some modern twists like not having to switch your 'verb' as that is done automatically whilst also changing the icon to reflect the action, such as an eye-ball to see and having the text automatically appear. There is also PnC 'logic' which is kind-of whitewashed via the computer logs that you read, but still, some of the puzzles when thinking about it from a larger perspective don't make much sense. Why would a spaceship be fraught with so many bugs?

There are also some Myst-style sections/puzzles intertwined as well. Close-ups of panels that need to be operated. Nothing that is as hard as Myst-type puzzles, but some of the order-of-operations style puzzles that Myst seemed to have burned into my brain are present.

The atmosphere is executed very well. The isometric (Sidenote - I love isometric games) viewpoint is not only easy-on-the-eyes from a visual standpoint but facilitates the horror themes of the game. A fixed perspective with enough of an angle to foreshadow events is a great way to heighten suspense.

STASIS feels like a hidden gem from the past.

Recommended.

I forgot all about this, remember when it was originally announced. Glad it's been getting high marks, considering its made by one guy.

Bought Tales From Borderlands and Game Of Thrones + 3 more, I doubt I am going to play them but I don't think they will get cheaper than that either.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone up to get down real quick and play some ROCKET LEAGUEz? ååååååo yeah

Oh, if the PM didn't send (I can't remember if banned members can receive PMs), SirMossyBloke should be able to get it through my loot or whatever.

Banned members can't receive PM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom