• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really have no idea about Game Of Thrones, which I suspect might hurt my enjoyment

oh yeah, the game starts right before huge events unfold near the end of the third season. So, yeah, i'd recommend at least catching some of the tv show before playing the game

Im still sitting at 26. Tho, i've played through multiple asslong RPG's and VN's, they should all count as 2-4 games. Unfair, biased contest.

no excuses! I have plenty of double digit playtimes in my list including a +60 hour playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles. just mix them up: I'll play a really long game but then play 2-3 short games so i don't feel stuck on my list.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

STASIS

VnZrHMK.jpg

Im still sitting at 26. Tho, i've played through multiple asslong RPG's and VN's, they should all count as 2-4 games. Unfair, biased contest.

It unlocks in 5 hours in EU and in 10 hours in the US of A, if that answers your question. Unless of course, the displayed unlock time is totally unreliable again.

Yes. Thanks. I was confused because the release date on Steam says August 31st now

The main mission is beatable within 2 hours, yes. Much less if you speed run it.

The real meat of Ground Zeroes is being able to "demo" the sandbox and do the other missions/save people.

2 Hours just seemed high, I don't know how long my first
successful
run was around a little under an hour I think? Although that was after repeated failures for trial and error.

My fastest is around around 9min30sec. Wonder how low I can get it.

Tora just confirmed the 12 AM Eastern unlock time in the OT

"Great OT! Little over 9 hours away from the ability to initiate download, you guys feeling it?"

FTFY

Dr Dogg

Wonder if MGO is going to DOA after the delay and MB Coins kerfuffle? Probably so Konami can stuff it with even more microtransactions to be honest.

Link? Cuz I'm still waiting for an update regarding the graphics. As is they're passable but it can look prettier...

Urgh. Read the 6th posts before Bayo's and you'll understand

Further confirmation

konami.png

Yeah let's not call this a confirmation as none of these people seem to be the ones who tell Valve and there have been plenty of other so called confirmations at the end of the day. When the store page changes to reflect that take that as confirmation.

derExperte

STASIS get.

Also in the interview, Edwards explained why he thinks PC is a "perfect fit" for The Phantom Pain.

Stopped reading there, pure PR bullshit. I mean how can it be a perfect fit when MGS was always at home on the PlayStation Entertainment System? The button prompts that only the PlayStation Entertainment System can give you make this a no-brainer by themselves and don't forget the innovative and unique speaker in the PlayStation Entertainment System's DualShock 4 controller which will deliver an immersive experience unreachable on other platforms.

L.O.R.D

i think its time to start playing MGS4 for the first time

ay5byML.jpg

gonna eject that last of us game from my ps3 and insert MGS4 disc ...

1k8Ypo1.jpg

lol , someone trying to troll me , or i think i put that game inside that box 2-3 years ago
that game was awful

ok , where is it

5AxREXw.jpg

of course , inside the most played PS3 game i have

M0mWEbo.jpg

this manual is really fun to read , loved the comic style
RIP manuals
sad.png

LORD, lol. How can you survive like that, so disorganised?!
I really have no idea about Game Of Thrones, which I suspect might hurt my enjoyment
TT's GoT assumes some knowledge of the show or books, but even with 0 knowledge you'll catch on quickly enough. I sure did. The main thing to keep in mind is that there's a Codex in the menu that will explain the characters' backgrounds a bit. It's very necessarry to look through it at least once to get a decent grasp on who's who, especially early on when everyone sort of blends together.

Yes, it's a typical TellTale guided experience, but they really aren't bad at making them. So far, as I finished Ep 4, I'd say it's better than Wolf Among Us, a game I disliked for its blatant railroading; GoT does a good job of giving you believable options at every turn, keeping the illusion going. But more than anything, it always keeps you wondering what's just around the corner, which is what I love most about the modern TellTale adventures.

Just don't go in expecting another Walking Dead, because it's definitely not that. TWD was unique in that there was a certain investment in the characters that TT's other works haven't recaptured as of yet.
Tora just confirmed the 12 AM Eastern unlock time in the OT
PL4v3.gif

(Yes, I just wanted an excuse to post this again.)

STASIS get.

Stopped reading there, pure PR bullshit. I mean how can it be a perfect fit when MGS was always at home on the PlayStation Entertainment System? The button prompts that only the PlayStation Entertainment System can give you make this a no-brainer by themselves and don't forget the innovative and unique speaker in the PlayStation Entertainment System's DualShock 4 controller which will deliver an immersive experience unreachable on other platforms.

Yeah you're right Metal Gear Solid is a perfect subtle hint by the master himself Mr. Kojima-sama that the game is truly played on a system were a solid copy is available, thus the PlayStation™4 version is the only true way to experience Kojima's final masterpiece. All pc players do is pirate their games and deprive Kojima of the millions of yens that he deserves for creating what I will now call the greatest game I have every played (i watched a lets play so it counts).

Uzzy

Infact, all the SFV preorder costumes look fantastic. Old Man Ryu looks ready to take Sakura on a journey across a post apocalyptic world, Cammy's giving me Lara Croft vibes, Bison's never looked meaner and Chunners looks amazing.

How long until people will post spoiler-y MGSV stuff here? There is an unwritten rule of min. 6 months you know people and I didn't just totally made that up.

Being a fan of strategy games and RPGs makes the 52 games a year challenge impossible for me.

But it's not like a play games to finish them anyways. (This is where I glance at my huge pile of half-finished games. It's quite big.) Yeah, it's not about finishing them at all.

Parsnip

Infact, all the SFV preorder costumes look fantastic. Old Man Ryu looks ready to take Sakura on a journey across a post apocalyptic world, Cammy's giving me Lara Croft vibes, Bison's never looked meaner and Chunners looks amazing.

That Cammy, unf.
It's a shame I hate how she plays.
Still waiting for that Ibuki reveal, any day now.

Also regarding HBAO+ for MGS5 through NVCP, that's just in the 3D settings right? No need for NV Inspector or anything?

Hektor

How long until people will post spoiler-y MGSV stuff here? There is an unwritten rule of min. 6 months you know people and I didn't just totally made that up.

Ill promise you, i wont allow spoilers in this thread. If someone starts im gonna pay some scriptkiddys to ddos that user for an entire month.

no excuses! I have plenty of double digit playtimes in my list including a +60 hour playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles. just mix them up: I'll play a really long game but then play 2-3 short games so i don't feel stuck on my list.

But i only have so much time. And MGS certainly wont help me having time for other games aswell. Ill just accept my defeat i guess.

L.O.R.D

maybe i am late
but why SirMossyBloke was banned ?
is there a rule if any one won that MGSV TPP will get banned ?
because its worth it , a game to banned for

Do you know if you're going to be able to unlock them playing the game or if they are going to remain retail exclusive?

Uzzy

Do you know if you're going to be able to unlock them playing the game or if they are going to remain retail exclusive?

No, but I'd be astonished if they remained retail exclusive. Capcom aren't that stupid, it'd be leaving money on the table.

I expect them to push cosmetics like these hard.

Sch1sm

Being a fan of strategy games and RPGs makes the 52 games a year challenge impossible for me.

But it's not like a play games to finish them anyways. (This is where I glance at my huge pile of half-finished games. It's quite big.) Yeah, it's not about finishing them at all.

I guess it's really a time thing in that respect. If you have no priorities, it's easy to get those out of the way 1 a week. This summer I managed a few.

That Cammy, unf.
It's a shame I hate how she plays.
Still waiting for that Ibuki reveal, any day now.

Cammy is a beast. I can live without Ibuki personally, but I can see how her play style is appealing. What's the likelihood of her being added to the roster, though?

Chun li looks slightly different.

Better than ever. c;

it'll probably take me a little over an hour to download MGSV...but I have to go to bed tonight so I can't play it until tomorrow night because I won't be home tomorrow during the morning/day

i think its time to start playing MGS4 for the first time

gonna eject that last of us game from my ps3 and insert MGS4 disc ...

lol , someone trying to troll me , or i think i put that game inside that box 2-3 years ago
that game was awful

ok , where is it

of course , inside the most played PS3 game i have

this manual is really fun to read , loved the comic style
RIP manuals
sad.png
My biggest pet peeve with game boxes.
well i do have a shred of human decency
Haha.

Now these are definitely awesome costumes. Good effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom