• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition is Out! and 60% off

8a9ec7da0575bee8b3fdeb9ea6e557e2fcfb2b5f.png

Sweet, game updated already!

Well best get an emulator or 3DS because what was linked is just anime.

ah for fucks sake!

Tizoc

How did non of u know that was the anime movie?
I figured it out from just readng the title
You kids these days i swear

How did non of u know that was the anime movie?
I figured it out from just readng the title
You kids these days i swear

I figured, but seeing Layton in a Steam format banner brought me hopes :/
Just hoping Lady Layton gets a Steam release... LOL :")
Atlus and Level 5 are the two that'll never release anything on PC.

MUnited83

For you.
meeeeeeh

It's a good bundle I guess, but too many of those games were either already bundled or widely discounted and released quite a while ago.

Missing the time where Humble Indie Bundles meant very recent high profile indie games for the best price they would be for ages :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good humble even if I have most of it. Gonna BTA for Lovers and hope theres some stuff I dont own next week

Phinor

The Beginner's Guide nice

I really recommend everyone give it a shot. I (still) don't know the story behind the game but for an hour or two it lasted, it was definitely a different kind of (gaming) experience. For $1 it's easily recommended.

Nabs

I missed out on Galak-Z, so this is great for me. I'll wait and see how low the BTA drops before picking it up.

Lethal League is one of the best multiplayer experiences on Steam. It deserves to be way bigger than it is.

Tellaerin

Okay serie ? Wtf :/

It's not for me. I know a lot of people find it "charming" and what have you, but I've never liked Toriyama's artstyle, which is a defining characteristic of the series (really don't like how he draws faces tbh), and the overall atmosphere doesn't do anything for me. Very fairy-tale, and not (to me) in an appealing way. The stories all just feel... shallow. I'll be the first to admit the writing in FF games can get emotionally overwrought, but the plot and characterization at least aims for the level of decent fantasy novel most of the time. I've also liked FF best when it gets away from the traditional knights-and-wizards stuff and mixes in other elements, and that's not something I can realistically expect from a DQ game.

If you're a DQ fan, that's great - it's not a knock against you. It's just a series that doesn't do it for me like FF does.

Phawx

meeeeeeh

It's a good bundle I guess, but too many of those games were either already bundled or widely discounted and released quite a while ago.

Missing the time where Humble Indie Bundles meant very recent high profile indie games for the best price they would be for ages :(

Because of PS+, I've managed to avoid grabbing most of the games in the BTA tier. So I guess I'm in.

gngf123

Already had Galak-Z, but didn't have any of the others. Great bundle as far as I'm concerned!

Wow, it keeps going and going.

Is this a deck building game or a different card game? I'd like a game that has both players drawing from one deck and dealing with what you get. I don't have time to build one or multiple decks to keep with the meta strategy.

It's a deck building game in a similar way to how Hearthstone is, but with some turn based tactics positioning added.

It's easier to get a deck going though.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I already have Octodad and STFU and hearing Nuclear Throne isn't as good as Gungeon is putting me off getting the upper tiers. Think I'll be skipping this bundle.

chronomac

Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-952B1455A899E736 - Taken by wetflame. 6 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-3386512B9F7E7A05 - Taken by Nabs. 5 entrants total.

t1471372432z1.png

kagamin

I'll take Dragon Quest over Final Fantasy any day, I feel like going through most FF games is a slog, even though I do enjoy them, on the other hand I really bask the simplicity of DQ and the combat is always enjoyable, it really shines in the games with class systems or monster recruitment, also DQV has one of my favorite stories in a JRPG probably.

derExperte

I already have Octodad and STFU and hearing Nuclear Throne isn't as good as Gungeon is putting me off getting the upper tiers. Think I'll be skipping this bundle.

I like Throne better than Gungeon. But don't ask me why, just couldn't get into the latter as much, probably the slower pace, bigger levels and sparse item drops.

Now that the weather is cooler today, I'm not getting screen blackouts. I guess that's good but, sigh.

Journey Down Chapter 1 -- VH48K-ALCIY-VVYP3
Dead Space -- 28H37-IZENF-J6NJR
Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign -- 4NVD9-AVLEZ-V53F3
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- 0YMRE-47BJB-G2KV5
Sweet Lily Dreams - 5DNP3-J0D60-C269B
Saints Row The Third -- IGEJW-74DH0-AYY8L

Hey, an actual named Indie bundle! Hermles Bermles, you're alright.

Tellaerin

I'll take Dragon Quest over Final Fantasy any day, I feel like going through most FF games is a slog, even though I do enjoy them, on the other hand I really bask the simplicity of DQ and the combat is always enjoyable, it really shines in the games with class systems or monster recruitment, also DQV has one of my favorite stories in a JRPG probably.

Yeah, like I said, I know some people really like them. No knock against you or anybody else. Just one of those differences in taste. Thankfully there's a decent variety of RPGs to choose from nowadays, so you can stick with the stuff you like and still have more than enough to play. Not like the 16 bit days, where you'd be trying to force yourself to like any halfway decent RPG that came along just because it was an RPG (well, on consoles, anyway).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ucchedavāda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker or were born on a Thursday, then you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-6B693F14B012B608 - Taken by thesaucetastic
Galak-Z -- MB-196D77ABD8B3467C - Taken by Roarer
Nuclear Throne -- MB-155835125B3D65D7 - Taken by hannes

t1471372754z1.png

kagamin

Yeah, like I said, I know some people really like them. No knock against you or anybody else. Just one of those differences in taste. Thankfully there's a decent variety of RPGs to choose from nowadays, so you can stick with the stuff you like and still have more than enough to play. Not like the 16 bit days, where you'd be trying to force yourself to like any halfway decent RPG that came along just because it was an RPG (well, on consoles, anyway).

We should just drop everything and go play Etrian Odyssey, the realest DRPG series. :p

I can definitely recommend Nuclear Throne. Has that nice Vlambeer Feel to it, and the music is expectedly awesome. Enter the Gungeon probably plays better, but it's much easier to fall into an endless "just one more" loop with NT because the runs are quicker and more varied.

Knurek

Lol at the Gears of War 4 PC requirements...

16 GB RAM
i7-4790
980 TI/Fury X
SSD with 80 GB free space

And the kicker? Windows 10 Anniversary Update is required to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom