• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimmer

Finally finished. Yes I have her on the floor for right now. We are waiting for the upstairs flooring to be finished before I move it to my office.

Ran Doom at 1440p @ 144fps and the CPU and GPU stayed at 30C. I'm going g to try some over clocking today.

20160831_080242_zpsluibsgsm.jpg
23082190.jpg

Tizoc

Just beat mankind divided at 17-18 hours
I save scummed i wont deny hat but all in all i enjoyed it despite any flaws it had :p
But the ending felt like... Well like this is chapter 1 of something bigger
The succeeding game should have an ending that doesnt tie it to the og deus ex since it would give a good sense of closure to jensen's character imo

Finally finished. Yes I have her on the floor for right now. We are waiting for the upstairs flooring to be finished before I move it to my office.

Ran Doom at 1440p @ 144fps and the CPU and GPU stayed at 30C. I'm going g to try some over clocking today.

This... is gorgeous. Wow.

Tellaerin

Norman's Sky is still the best.
https://nothke.itch.io/normans-sky

That's impressive. :eek: It does most of what NMS does in a 13 mb download. Now just throw in some procedurally generated creature sprites on the planets and a "name this creature/space object" text box that doesn't save the text, and you've got the entire experience. :p

I shouldn't be so snarky, I know. I like the whole concept of NMS, and I still want to play it eventually. (Probably when it's sub-$5 on sale, or in a bundle, whenever that is. I'm in no rush.) But the level of "overpromise and underdeliver" for this title has been like Molyneux at his worst.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice. I really enjoyed playing the game coop with my cousin years ago. Might play through it again.

My only problem with the game is that it's too long for its own good. Act 1 alone lasts around 20 hours if you're one to explore every inch of the map. I attempted a second playthrough two or three years ago as I hadn't played the game since circa release day, however I forgot to back up my save prior to reinstalling Windows and lost all of my progress (I was part way into Act 2). It seems the AE has cloud saves, though, which is tempting, especially as I'll likely be done with Diablo 3 for the time being once I've completed the campaign with my crusader.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt245/solrahlx/Mobile%20Uploads/20160831_080242_zpsluibsgsm.jpg/img][/QUOTE]

Fantastic work, dude. Super clean.

Coreda

Sleek and very impressive temps.

kagamin

Looks a lot nicer than my mess of a computer lol.

Man you guys are finishing Deus Ex in under 20 hours and here I am sitting at 40 hours played and still a few missions left to go before the end. Did you not explore every last inch and steal everything that wasn't bolted down? Am I the only one who reads all the ebooks and pocket secretaries and stuff like that?

Oh and Amazon has a rare PC gaming sale going on - https://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=8588809011

Lots of hardware but also lots of digital games including stuff from 2K, Bethesda and Deep Silver. I think some of the Bethesda DLCs might be priced lower than ever before. Worth looking at.

Jawmuncher

Man you guys are finishing Deus Ex in under 20 hours and here I am sitting at 40 hours played and still a few missions left to go before the end. Did you not explore every last inch and steal everything that wasn't bolted down? Am I the only one who reads all the ebooks and pocket secretaries and stuff like that?

I like playing games fast. Rarely does the extra fluff at least for me really add much.
As an example I beat Witcher 3 in like 30 hours. Got everything I wanted from it in that time and still made time for Ciri and triss.

def sim

👌🏼👌🏼

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

This is how I play Deus Ex games. I have done all the Side Missions I can find, have been snooping through all the apartments I can (including some that become plot relevant later haha, oops already ransacked that one). The game is fantastic. I can't imagine how anyone could want to rush though it.

I revel in it. Loot every trashcan. Crawl in every vent.

Sleek. Lay it flat!

Unai

Oh and Amazon has a rare PC gaming sale going on - https://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=8588809011

Lots of hardware but also lots of digital games including stuff from 2K, Bethesda and Deep Silver. I think some of the Bethesda DLCs might be priced lower than ever before. Worth looking at.

It took me more that 80 hours to finish Dark Souls 3. I usually take longer than most because I like to explore everything, taking my time to let the environment sink in, etc. I'm sure that Deus Ex will last very long to me when I finally play it too.

Phawx

That riser card (riser ribbon?) thing is dope. I like that it lines up with the CPU block. Thats Shmaltzy. Fancy dandy even.

MUnited83

For you.
Right I meant active in a "more games got added" not that it was closed. Doesn't seem to be a list of previously added games so not sure what I missed.

It's unfortunate the hwinfo tool he's using isn't properly reporting CPU temp. That would be pretty informative especially because he has the fan version.

Also slightly miffed that they haven't sent review units to the west yet. They had indicated I was to receive a review unit but they told me it was pushed back a bit when it went to the 8750+fan.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the news for review units too, they've been radio silent for a bit.

says i have it

cant remember ever buying it

THQ Nordic releases a surprise title on Steam called Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for the game’s 10-year-anniversary and gifts the game to everyone calling either Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne or Titan Quest Gold their own on Steam

Tizoc

To play a New Game+ of Mankind Divided or dive into God Eater...
Eh I'll mess in NG+ a bit then dive in during the weekend.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's a pity no monitors are part of the sale, although I suppose it's for the best in my case as 27" IPS-based G-Sync monitors seem to be rife with quality control issues and having to send a unit back to the US would be a pain. If AOC bucks that trend with its 27" AHVA-based G-Sync monitor and it's notably cheaper, I might finally cave the next time eBay has a 20% off tech sale.

MUnited83

For you.
When was this? I was kinda waiting for the happy hour myself to grab a copy =_=

Yesterday I think.. You can keep an eye on the Group Buys threads and see if anyone starts a new group for next happy hour on it. Seems it actually got as low as 1.17$.

Hopefully one of us gets it. All the people that currently have one are messing around and not doing providing some decent information or trying to throttle the guy.

Teach me
It would certainly be nice. If I had the damn thing I would be non-stop testing with several games all damn day and posting the results to youtube, tinking with emulators, running benchmarks, etc,etc

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions , where you can get almost any indiegala bundle they do when it reaches Happy Hour, with the prices often being lower than 1.5$ for the whole bundle.

Tizoc

Yesterday I think.. You can keep an eye on the Group Buys threads and see if anyone starts a new group for next happy hour on it. Seems it actually got as low as 1.17$.

It would certainly be nice. If I had the damn thing I would be non-stop testing with several games all damn day and posting the results to youtube, tinking with emulators, running benchmarks, etc,etc

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions , where you can get almost any indiegala bundle they do when it reaches Happy Hour, with the prices often being lower than 1.5$ for the whole bundle.
Awwww what :/

So, been toying around Attack on Titan and wanted to see the difference with the PS4 version and the so called shit PC port. Basically, this is another case of LoD gate. If only KT would learn their lesson and stop with their resolution lock crap :/

Edit: Well, it's more like grass gate, since some elements aren't even in the PS4 version it seems.

It's a pity no monitors are part of the sale, although I suppose it's for the best in my case as 27" IPS-based G-Sync monitors seem to be rife with quality control issues and having to send a unit back to the US would be a pain. If AOC bucks that trend with its 27" AHVA-based G-Sync monitor and it's notably cheaper, I might finally cave the next time eBay has a 20% off tech sale.

First thing I looked for, as well. I've been jonesing for a G-sync upgrade. It just might draw me back into playing at a desk instead of the couch.

Maybe... Maybe.

Corpekata

Banned
So, been toying around Attack on Titan and wanted to see the difference with the PS4 version and the so called shit PC port. Basically, this is another case of LoD gate. If only KT would learn their lesson and stop with their resolution lock crap :/

Edit: Well, it's more like grass gate, since some elements aren't even in the PS4 version it seems.

They could also learn to ship with options like vsync and controller options that actually work right. The damn game has Xbox One buttons but requires awkward device manager fiddling to get working right on the pad, and even then only works wired.

yuraya

That desert map for the Battlefield 1 beta is so bad. There is just no consistency with it at all.

So much empty space so everyone is just running around like sitting ducks.

So many camping/sniping spots

Soldiers on horses just run all over the place and nobody seems to be able to take them down. Like literally you can jump on a horse and run all the way to the far enemy base and back without taking a hit. Its so silly lol

Tanks are overpowered as hell.

______

Despite the shit map its still very fun. The map they showed at E3 seemed to be so much better tho. That area looked more like a warzone. This map looks like something they took from Battlefront and doctored it up for ww1 feel.

Ascheroth

So after playing a lot more God Eater Resurrection I can safely say that the combat is a ton of fun, and only gets funner once you get the hang of the various systems and unlock some new Predetor moves (Air Glide Devour <3 )
There is something immensely satisfying about learning the Aragami moves to know when to strike and when not, and the constant switching between attacking, evading/blocking and Devouring (to preferably keep your Burst at level 3 all time), while also keeping an eye on your team mates for healing and giving Link Bursts when necessary.

They could also learn to ship with options like vsync and controller options that actually work right. The damn game has Xbox One buttons but requires awkward device manager fiddling to get working right on the pad, and even then only works wired.

Works flawlessly with the 360 controller though. On that point, I feel like MS fucked up with their different drivers since KT isn't the only one to have this issue. This is the reason why I bought another spare X360 controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom