• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Twitch Prime crate is worth like 30 if you had twitch prime in the past and added it to your account.

The most expensive crate is the one for preordering the game. But you won't have that.

After that Gamescom crates are currently around 3 bucks each

I forget the value of the other two. But these last three can all be bought in game with BP that you get from finishing matches. The prices on said crates drop back down every week.

Ok, so I can't get the pre order ones obv, I don't have Twirch Prime, and the gamescom ones I'm guessing you had to be there or something?

The other crates still worth good money, and you earn it by just playing the game?

madjoki

What's the longest you've had steam credit just lying there in your account?

I've got about £40 lying there, but no games I fancy atm

EDIT: Weird how South Park is stated as having Denuvo, but not AC: Origins? Both Ubisoft games

I have always had something in steam wallet since April 2013 :p

About DRM field as it's added manually, maybe no one has remembered to add it. I'd say it's very likely mistake.

Arulan

Based on the first few hours the game is actually pretty good. The level design makes exploring very rewarding, and there are secrets and detail to be found aplenty. The puzzles I've encountered have been good too. It's very reminiscent of Wizardry VII.

Know that there some technical issues and bugs reported.

Jawmuncher

Ok, so I can't get the pre order ones obv, I don't have Twirch Prime, and the gamescom ones I'm guessing you had to be there or something?

The other crates still worth good money, and you earn it by just playing the game?

The gamecom are earnable with in game BP until like August 27th or something.
So you can work on getting those still. If you want to open them yourself though you gotta buy a key.

AHA-Lambda

The gamecom are earnable with in game BP until like August 27th or something.
So you can work on getting those still. If you want to open them yourself though you gotta buy a key.

Kl, thx

I got the game a couple days ago but haven't had chance to play it yet and check out the crate stuff

Ladekabel

You can buy the Gamescom with the ingame currency. The others are still good money. I had one that was worth 3€ and got an item out of it that is worth 10 cents... Never going to open another crate in the chance to get the skirt.

Based on the first few hours the game is actually pretty good. The level design makes exploring very rewarding, and there are secrets and detail to be found aplenty. The puzzles I've encountered have been good too. It's very reminiscent of Wizardry VII.

Know that there some technical issues and bugs reported.

It's clear the game needs some updates, but from what I've seen, it looks solid. I would like to try it, but the dev said it will never get a discount and I have many games like this in my backlog...

Doesn't seem to be. I even tried overriding the value of the flag via the app manifest file (not that I was expecting success). It was possible to get away with editing appinfo.vdf provided you replaced characters rather than removed them so that the file size wouldn't change (e.g. disableoverlay -> dasableoverlay), but, as you've noticed, Steam's a little smarter these days.
That's really shitty, i really don't understand why it's such a big deal for Valve and publishers to allow users choose by themselves if they want to deal with possible compatibility issues or not. It's not like those games under NDA or something, this is just a bunch of 10-20 year old games. But i guess that's the price we had to pay for possibility of bringing Persona games on Steam, Valve ensured that nobody would be able to unlock overlay and take screenshots with spoilers, Atlus would be pleased. /s

Nabs

That's really shitty, i really don't understand why it's such a big deal for Valve and publishers to allow users choose by themselves if they want to deal with possible compatibility issues or not. It's not like those games under NDA or something, this is just a bunch of 10-20 year old games. But i guess that's the price we had to pay for possibility of bringing Persona games on Steam, Valve ensured that nobody would be able to unlock overlay and take screenshots with spoilers, Atlus would be pleased. /s

It sucks. Good thing the latest Steam client beta gives those games controller support if you set it up before hand.

Hektor

So... Shadow of Wardor is always online with singleplayer RMT lootboxes.

Now the series' legacy is something other than the Nemesis system.

Fuck off.

Putting grind into your game so people feel enticed to buy microtransaction that do nothing more than changing a hexvalue in an encrypted file is already disgusting enough.

Preventing the use of cheatengine and the likes was the logical next step i suppose, but that doesn't mean i gotta be okay with that.

I'm sorry for the devs who worked their asses off, but i legit hope this game bombs really hard and every other future game that does this.

dex3108

So... Shadow of Wardor is always online with singleplayer RMT lootboxes.

Now the series' legacy is something other than the Nemesis system.

ZGnzBCI.gif

Uzzy

What do you mean when you say Gold can save time?

By simply engaging with the world and playing through Middle-earth: Shadow of War, you earn items like Gear for Talion and unique Orcs for your army. These are the same items that are found in the Market within Loot Chests and War Chests. Gold merely allows you to get your hands on them immediately, cutting down some of the additional time that would have been spent winning more battles, tracking nemeses, completing quests and assaulting fortresses.

'Do you want to not play our game? Pay some more, and you can not play it even more'

At least XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is putting the Nemesis System to good use (for the titular Chosen enemies). Wardor amps up the stuff happening around the Nemesis System, but from the footage I've seen it doesn't really seem to have evolved much.

...I still wish Mordor had a really hardcore, roguelike bent, where each life is a run, and nemeses actually meant something. I seriously doubt Wardor will deliver this.
Fuck off.

Putting grind into your game so people feel enticed to buy microtransaction that do nothing more than changing a hexvalue in an encrypted file is already disgusting enough.

Preventing the use of cheatengine and the likes was the logical next step i suppose, but that doesn't mean i gotta be okay with that.

I'm sorry for the devs who worked their asses off, but i legit hope this game bombs really hard and every other future game that does this.
Yeah, the way lootboxes affect game design is what turns me off of them so much. I always get the feeling it's designed to sell lootboxes first, and be a good game second, which leads to... well... conflicted game design. It's like the worst part of free-to-play gaming is seeping into AAA design for no reason other than greed.

I suddenly long for the bygone days when everything levelled up instead. That at least tried to encourage you to spend time, rather than money, on the game.

'Do you want to not play our game? Pay some more, and you can not play it even more'

And sadly I wouldn't be surprised to see a press release a few months after release saying "over 50% of our Shadow of War users have bought gold with 30% of those users spending more than $100."

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
From this news and the gamespot gameplay videos my excitement has went from 100 to 0 real fast

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, recently played through Chapter 3, and the voice acting is fantastic. The whole game is pretty good, although I didn't really like chapter 2, chapter 3 was great.

Quite enjoyed King's Quest as well. And yeah, chapter 2 was pretty boring but chapter 4 was even worse (imo).

Dec

I didn't think I'd be able to be less interested in this game than I was but they managed to find a way to make the game even worse. Wow.

Ye... Mordor was one of the least enjoyable games I have ever played and I paid $4 for it and tried really hard to like it.

Jawmuncher

Online Only for a SP game is a bigger issue than the Loot Boxes. Like they better fix that shit. It needs to be

Play Offline - Your money accumulated is flagged and can't be used to buy loot boxes
Play Online - Your money is fine and can be used to buy loot boxes.

Like that's not even optimal either. But I can understand them being scared of some sort of glitch to accumulate in-game money being used.
Regardless I don't have much interest in the game and will probably just borrow, rent, or buy when it's like $5 bucks.

Humble Monthly leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
ONE PIECE BURNING BLOOD -- MB-449E0394F948815B - Taken by claytonlee101. 38 entrants total.
Offworld Trading Company -- MB-1E2F07512E9BE83D - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 32 entrants total.

t1502135250z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
What's wrong with Transistor? I thought its ability permutations and planning system gave it a lot more depth than Bastion's endless clicking.
i didn't like the combat or the story so pretty much everything :/

i've been meaning to play it again to reassess but i never really feel like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom