• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

First match of PUBG

DGksDjPWsAAn9gO.jpg

I think i'm going pro

kionedrik

A sort of PSA: If you enjoy puzzle games you should get Qbeh-1 (it's on sale till tomorrow for 1.5$). It feels like a lite version of The Talos Principle and it's very competently made.

FLD

typical Square, they can give us all the spinoffs that no one cares about but they can't port 7 or 5 or 8 or 11

I'm hoping they'll port the DQ1-3 rereleases that were just announced for PS4 (assuming they're coming West, which I don't see why they wouldn't). If they don't at least do that, then I'm just gonna assume we'll never get any mainline DQ on PC.

Endruen

Yesterday I was looking for Pillars of Eternity deals on the BST thread, and either I didn't find good enough deals or those that I thought were good either I didn't get a response or they sold them by then.
And today I enter Steam Gifts and apparently I won a giveaway for Pillars of Eternity.
What are the odds, huh?

Arthea

Talking about SE... we are not getting WoFF, are we?
ithasbeen83years.jpg

edited: as for previous FF movie talk, I liked all FF movies for different reasons, but only Spirits Within it's actually a good movie. Other two are entertaining to be sure, but for action.

Why can't we get the main Dragon Quest games or at least the Monster spin offs?

Also the support for the Legend of Heroes series is so fantastic!

Pixieking

Banned
I really hope that the turbo mode is very optional and very hidden. The download is probably required but thankfully I have a backup of the game without the feature.

What gets me is the "very hidden", there. Unless you have no willpower at all, it shouldn't matter how hidden it is, to you. To the people who actually want to use it, though, it shouldn't be hard to find. Therefore, it should be very obvious where the setting is, simply for ease-of-use. *shrugs*

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Is it a bad time to upgrade my GPU right now? I kind of want to get a RX 580 so I can play PUBG (damn you, SteamGAF🙃), but it's backordered everywhere because of mining I guess. The cheapest one I can find is 350 loonies after tax and shipped. Am I better off waiting a few months?

MUnited83

For you.
What gets me is the "very hidden", there. Unless you have no willpower at all, it shouldn't matter how hidden it is, to you. To the people who actually want to use it, though, it shouldn't be hard to find. Therefore, it should be very obvious where the setting is, simply for ease-of-use. *shrugs*

It's a parody post.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it a bad time to upgrade my GPU right now? I kind of want to get a RX 580 so I can play PUBG (damn you, SteamGAF��), but it's backordered everywhere because of mining I guess. The cheapest one I can find is 350 loonies after tax and shipped. Am I better off waiting a few months?

I don't think there's an ETA on when the Vega equivalent of the RX 580 will be out. If you happen to find yourself in the position of being able to secure a Vega 56 pre-order at RRP (USD$399), it wouldn't be a bad idea to lock one down.

Is it a bad time to upgrade my GPU right now? I kind of want to get a RX 580 so I can play PUBG (damn you, SteamGAF🙃), but it's backordered everywhere because of mining I guess. The cheapest one I can find is 350 loonies after tax and shipped. Am I better off waiting a few months?

Isn't $350 the standard price for the RX580 at the moment? I know some cards go up to $400 ish.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So you... cant play the campaign together? I thought one of the Saints Row game you can.

2 and 4, apparently:

Unlike Saints Row, the entire game can be played in Co-op mode, and some missions and activities have minor differences from the single player versions.
Co-op is where 2 players take part in story missions and other activities. The co-op partner is displayed as a homie and takes up a space, and their health can be seen above their characters. If the partner is downed, the player has a certain time to revive them, much like homies. The player also gets paused if the partner pauses.

Edit: The former requires a workaround due to GameSpy being dead.

Zen Aku

Saints Row the Third has campaign co-op along with some exclusive side activities that can only be played in co-op.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well thank you for clarifying. That's great news. I just want to be able to play through the whole campaign with her. I enjoyed it the first time.

jtb

Banned
Titanfall 2 worth subscribing to Origin Access for? Would probably give Mirror's Edge Catalyst a spin too

kevin1025

Banned
Titanfall 2 worth subscribing to Origin Access for? Would probably give Mirror's Edge Catalyst a spin too

Definitely one of the better FPS campaigns in a while! Not sure how multiplayer is doing, the PC version had a decent number back around launch, maybe Access will help?

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is decent, but the open world stuff dampens things a little. Movement is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom