• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Maybe a little off-topic, but how much data will watching streams on twitch take? Thinking of watching the Dota games, but am travelling so on a data limit for now.

To stay on-topic, there is a free tool called Glasswire, which lets you monitor your bandwith usage.

It is pretty handy, and if the "basic" edition were not so expensive, I would use it as a firewall too.

BasilZero

Turbo mode in Trails in the Sky?

Hmmmmmm

I still need to play FC and get SC/TC.

Anyways, wish there was turbo mode in Legend of Heroes Tear of Vermillion which I am playing now, its brutal lol.

Tizoc

Dont worry gaf, your good ol uncle birdman is gonna get shadow of wardor and let you kno if it is as good as the first game or not

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I pre-ordered Wardor in February
wtzgU.gif

Only cost me about £6 up front, leftover credit and steam cards did the rest

Tomorrow is hellblades.

Still skeptical

Looked bang average in the gameplay clip I watched. The puzzles seemed annoying too.

Ladekabel

Bit the bullet on Prey. I hope I'll not be disappointed.

Also started Valley. Nice first-person platformer. Played with a controller (Xbone Pad) for a while and gyro assistance should be a standard. Does the Steam Controller support it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bundlestars summer sale starts in little over an hour (4pm BST)

Nabs

Bit the bullet on Prey. I hope I'll not be disappointed.

Also started Valley. Nice first-person platformer. Played with a controller (Xbone Pad) for a while and gyro assistance should be a standard. Does the Steam Controller support it?

The Steam Controller has a gyro. It's probably the best way to use gyro assisted aiming thanks to the touchpad and mouse emulation. The Steam Controller config tool also lets you set up a DS4 to do the same.

Jadax

Damn, that's actually quite a lot of data being used :(

To stay on-topic, there is a free tool called Glasswire, which lets you monitor your bandwith usage.

It is pretty handy, and if the "basic" edition were not so expensive, I would use it as a firewall too.

Has decent reviews, will try it out - don't think I've ever used a network security monitoring tool.

Wok

Damn, that's actually quite a lot of data being used :(

Has decent reviews, will try it out - don't think I've ever used a network security monitoring tool.

For people afraid of using too much bandwidth, it allows to analyse the consumption and find the culprits.

As a free firewall, it allows to see in real time which app connects to the Internet, and to which IP (and it provides the name of the website if available). As a paid firewall, it has "click to allow" notifications, which sound like a good way of dealing with stuff.

Sarcasm

For people afraid of using too much bandwidth, it allows to analyse the consumption and find the culprits.

As a free firewall, it allows to see which app connects to the Internet, and to which IP (and it provides the name of the website if available). As a paid firewall, it has "click to allow" notifications, which sound like a good way of dealing with stuff.

Probably should go into detail about how to monitor and special features of said network thingies.

Anyone playing the early access of Divinity Original Sin 2 have any input on the Co-op? Trying to get 3 of my friends to grab it to get our D&D fix. Does it scratch that itch?

WildStar – Hacker had USD 397 trillion worth of game currency undetected
The reporter from Motherboard watched a demo video on how Manfred hacked WildStar Online in a bar with the hacker himself, and that is the only evidence available in the article. He sold the currency to other players, or to gold-selling websites. According to the article, Manfred says WildStar Online is going to be the last video game he hacks. Read the whole article at the source for more!
Poor WildStar just can't catch a break.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SUMMER10 is the bundlestars code for extra 10%

Deques

SUMMER10 is the bundlestars code for extra 10%

Pretty much same deals they have had in last couple weeks

and super hidden gem deals?

Tropico 5 Complete Collection - 85% off
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/tropico-5-complete-collection
I wished that there is a dlc collection for the game. The base game only cost 4.59 euro, not much of a difference from the complete collection. The cheapest dlc for the game cost almost as much as the price difference between vanilla and complete :(

Nezzhil

Pretty much same deals they have had in last couple weeks

and super hidden gem deals?

Tropico 5 Complete Collection - 85% off
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/tropico-5-complete-collection
I wished that there is a dlc collection for the game. The base game only cost 4.59 euro, not much of a difference from the complete collection. The cheapest dlc for the game cost almost as much as the price difference between vanilla and complete :(

Great deal. Thanks!

Maybe a little off-topic, but how much data will watching streams on twitch take? Thinking of watching the Dota games, but am travelling so on a data limit for now.

Right click on the video and check its advanced stats or option. You'll see how many kb/s it is using. Calculate that by an hour and there's your result. Most streams at 720p are around 2000kb/s. That's about a gigabyte a hour. Source would be whatever the streamer has it as.

Wok

Pro version is in this $29 bundle but that might still be more than you want to spend.

Thanks, but I'm mostly interested in the "Basic" version, which was about 36 € during summer sales (instead of 46 €). So, for people only interested in Glasswire, the cost is more or less the same as it used to be (and it does not give a +1 on Steam).

Is any of the other software anything good?

I have no idea.

SSPssp

Humble Monthly Extras:

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-036C2FEC29C5D346 - Taken by Ascheroth. 23 entrants total.
Wuppo -- MB-11571988EFA829FE - Taken by Mikurden. 7 entrants total.

t1502135598z1.png

NeoRaider

ModBot said:
Instructions for NeoRaider:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoRaider, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lucius -- MB-81E07CB23A8365AC - Taken by Dangerblade

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How are the Might and Magic games?

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is an underrated gem of FPS, using the fantasy setting very well instead of guns and modern equipment. Lot of fun can be had using ice on the floor then an explosive blast to make enemies fall to their doom as just one example. Stabbing always works too.

The main series, Heroes of Might & Magic, are okay to great strategy games depending on which number entry you try out. All board based lining up of units and choosing what order to fight, which of your heroes goes best against the line up of your enemies, and this can be a lot of fun to figure out.
If you want to give one a try V I think is the easiest and most straight forward to get into with a more straight forward learning curve.You can find out if you like the series with that.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes looks somewhat like Heroes of Might & Magic, but it's actually a puzzle game rather than a strategy game. It's far more about just figuring out the best order to get the best results, move combos, and and just figuring out how things work.
It's not a long game and some of it's roots as a handheld title show up in the PC version, but I think it's a lot of good fun and worth checking out for any puzzle fan.

dex3108

are they toning down that whole crowded city with a bunch of npcs that were in the previous ass creeds?

it looks sorta far cry-ish which I don't really mind

That is just desert environment. In cities there will be more population.

Also our lord has new look XD

1502125284547.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom