• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
That's still cross-region purchasing and may raise a red flag at Valve's end, but if you explain you're using the Malaysian store because you're in the country long-term, I'm sure you'll just be let off with a warning and told to pick one. If you want to play it safe, stick with the MY store while you're in the country and, where possible, have a UK friend gift you the stuff you'd like but can't purchase yourself.

Mmmmmmm... *sadface* Good idea, though. If I switch my account but leave my wife's as UK, I can just buy stuff on her account and gift it to myself, right? Less hassle annoying friends in the UK. :)

illusionary

Go watch the new Ducktales people, it's fucking amazing
tumblr_oukj458m4Q1r9qoglo1_r1_500.gif

Thanks for the reminder - indeed it is!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
That's a weird way to spell WB (unless you meant JP only)

What are you gonna do with the 970? "Ship it to Canada and give it to a SteamGAFfer" has gotta be up there, right?

nice thread btw
Ah, memories.

It's a pretty good time to be putting away pennies for an upgrade. On the GPU side, AMD's 1070 and 1080 competitors are around the corner and Nvidia recently confirmed consumer-level Volta GPUs won't be releasing this year, while as far as CPUs are concerned, Ryzen wasn't a dud and Intel is expected to launch Coffee Lake very soon after unveiling the product family on the 21st, which will mark the first time it's offered six-core CPUs as part of its mainstream bracket.
Which is nice, considering I bought a 1070 laptop a couple of months ago :p

Coffee Lake could end up being more interesting on the mobile side, as rumors are pointing to 4 cores in the 15W range (so finally ultraportables and 13'' MBPs with real quad core processors), and 6 cores for the 45W range (the ones used in gaming laptops, 15'' MBPs, etc).

I use KeePass and KeePass2Android, keeping the database synced on PC and phone with Google Drive.
This, but Dropbox instead of Drive.

Tick, Trick und Track are their names goddamnit
Hugo, Paco y Luis you mean.

Show looks great, with Gravity Falls alumni. Plus, the new intro and the new version of the theme song are killer.
They should've used this version.

Just completed DOOM 2016

Just wow.

Plus Vulkan is amazing:

vt3TM2k.jpg
I installed this a while ago and have been dragging my feet with it. I liked it overall, but not too fond on the upgrade stuff. The game being huge for an MP option I'll never use annoys me as well, they should've split that off like CoD or whatever.

NeoRaider

I started playing Gemini: Heroes Reborn (from HB) and finished 6 chapters but i just couldn't continue.
It's so bad and frustrating, everything about it. From voice acting, "story", graphics... to gameplay full of bugs and glitches.

I just can't tolerate these mediocre games and waste my time on them anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum -- MB-7F13F3A00C410FB7 - Taken by abelasabel
Alien Attack in Space Plus Alien Attack Zero DLC -- MB-26C0D4FEC219A5F8 - Taken by bobnowhere
Bad End -- MB-D89328A0C2AD6E4D - Taken by MaxiLive
Black Sand Drift -- MB-904052FCC24254A6 - Taken by fuzzy123
Cranium Conundrum -- MB-5678A3E26F343D82 - Taken by Eila
Daily Chthonicle: Editor's Edition -- MB-224D354D0CF4B5DB - Taken by Knurek
Double Cubes -- MB-BDD3CEF9BFC10F8C - Taken by lazerfox
Get the Gems -- MB-FBC43541013EC571 - Taken by voodooray
Hexoscope -- MB-4FA589EB02D99D4B - Taken by Dangerblade
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-505112A37E2D75EF - Taken by Powerpuff
It's Spring Again Collector's Edition -- MB-D96DDB3D1A088448 - Taken by texhnolyze
Langoth -- MB-05B7BDFC6811FDAF - Taken by illusionary
NeverEnd -- MB-3377EAD8162FE17A - Taken by fuzzy123
One Eyed Kutkh -- MB-F507CC453E01E2F8 - Taken by Catshade
Rozkol -- MB-CED8BF09EE745596 - Taken by OmarYusaf
Save the Ninja Clan -- MB-0D20608AA08B6E5A - Taken by Orakio Rob
System Shock: Enhanced Edition -- MB-BA32FA01113885E9 - Taken by Natty1
The Pasture -- MB-467343DE4EA8EE57
The Reject Demon: Toko Chapter 0 -- MB-3F098A266FBB1809 - Taken by bloke
Vindictive Drive -- MB-419C1E57F52D7ED8 - Taken by septicore
rooMaze -- MB-12BFBCFB650FC4F3 - Taken by Smeagol

Nabs

I got to play some online Overcooked through Nvidia's Gameshare with Bus. It was fun and hectic. I hope they're able to implement online in a future update, the game plays just fine with a little voice chat.

Pixieking

Banned
But I thought you couldn't gift to regions where there's a big price difference anymore. Or did they roll back that?

I thought that they blocked people gifting from cheaper regions to more expensive, but not more expensive to cheaper. So UK > Malaysia is fine, but not Malaysia > UK. That was my understanding, anyways.

Lain

Why they fucked up old designs? And breakdance? Yeesh.

Indeed. Don't worry about the people giving you shit in here, those designs are disappointing. As someone used to see cool duck designs (Paperinik is our stuff after all) I can only laugh at anyone claiming they are good. Go get your eyes checked, scrubs!!

JaseC

But I thought you couldn't gift to regions where there's a big price difference anymore. Or did they roll back that?

You can't gift a game if it's >10% cheaper in your region, but you can gift it if it's more expensive, or even regardless of price provided the game's not available in the recipient's region. There is a caveat, though, in that the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flags now affect gifting, so if a package is set up in such a way that it's not "applicable" to the recipient's territory, then they can't receive it as a gift regardless of the circumstances.

You can't gift a game if it's >10% cheaper in your region, but you can gift it if it's more expensive, or even regardless of price provided the game's not available in the recipient's region. There is a caveat, though, in that the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flags now affect gifting, so if a package is set up in such a way that it's not "applicable" to the recipient's territory, then they can't receive it as a gift regardless of the circumstances.

I think that applied to the Naruto UNS4 Boruto DLC. Tried to gift it to my account from my wifes account and that didnt work.

Tizoc

My laziness has reached suc new levels that i am more inclined to clear my pnc games backlog over clearing my other games @.@
Id cleared about 3-4 pnf games the past 2 days but will aim to get ut more time into song of the deep today and hopefully finish it to move onto the mext game on ym list

My laziness has reached suc new levels that i am more inclined to clear my pnc games backlog over clearing my other games @.@
Id cleared about 3-4 pnf games the past 2 days but will aim to get ut more time into song of the deep today and hopefully finish it to move onto the mext game on ym list
pnc games are great

Grief.exe

I installed this a while ago and have been dragging my feet with it. I liked it overall, but not too fond on the upgrade stuff. The game being huge for an MP option I'll never use annoys me as well, they should've split that off like CoD or whatever.

The game is huge due to the engine it uses. The multiplayer option does increase its size, but not to a massive degree.

Though I think most people would agree the multiplayer option was clearly a waste of time and development resources.

Just built a PC for the first time ever. That was a nerve racking experience. So
I guess I'll be posting in here a little more often because this will be the first time I have gamed on PC since the original Myst... so I will need some pointers lol

JaseC

The game is huge due to the engine it uses. The multiplayer option does increase its size, but not to a massive degree.

Though I think most people would agree the multiplayer option was clearly a waste of time and development resources.

It actually accounts for around two-thirds of the 68.63GB install size. The MP Pages depot is a mere 5.36GB, but the MP Resources depot is somewhere north of 37.97GB.

Edit: Oh, wait, I put in the wrong depot number, haha. The MP Resources depot has been retired and now contains nothing.

Wok

Paging Wok

I just sent you a Steam friend request because screw Challenge 17 on Rive.

Accepted!

I see we have both obtained gold for 16 challenges out of 18. I could not have the patience to deal with the remaining two.

Wow, RiME is so cheap on cdkeys now. I guess i made good decision not buying it at launch.
Gamestop gave me a PS4 copy for free during some trade up... Returned it.
Just built a PC for the first time ever. That was a nerve racking experience. So
I guess I'll be posting in here a little more often because this will be the first time I have gamed on PC since the original Myst... so I will need some pointers lol
Welcome to steamgaf, enjoy your stay.

I wish Rock Band 4 PC had happened guys, I'm sick of booting up my Xbox :(

JaseC

I wish Rock Band 4 PC had happened guys, I'm sick of booting up my Xbox :(

I've no doubt Harmonix's desire for DLC parity (all "1,700+" songs) was a significant contributor to the hefty $1.5m goal. If it had instead opted to port the base game and worry about DLC licensing later, $792k may have very well been enough if not then some.

dex3108

I finished 3rd mission in Sniper Elite 3 and i must say it is way better than Sniper Elite v2. I am really enjoying in it. Maps are big with multiple paths, multiple ways to finish mission, side objectives are nice... :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So, Ori And The Blind Forest DE is an amazing game. You should play it if it's lurking in your backlog.

Lain

Gave a try to Pepper's Puzzles.
Launch game... nothing happens. Look at process list, two pepper.exe there. Kill them, look at the game options under Steam, remove overlay, launch game again and it starts (Process Monitor is still up and I see 3 pepper.exe in the list).
Spend some minutes with the tutorial, close the game and launch it again... nothing happens and back to 2 pepper.exe in the process list.
Look at Steam forum, find a solution which is to run the game as an administrator from the game folder.

Game is cute but this launch problem needs to get fixed.
One thing about the music, I had a chuckle when one of the background music was the same as in one of Akabur's games.

NeoRaider

Thanks for the heads up, bought it. First time buying from cdkeys, kinda shady. The key they sent was literally a scanned picture with the code on it.

You are welcome. I just got it too, i think that the price is great.
Changed to ‎£ and used -5% FB voucher so i got it even little cheaper. Great price anyway. It's 35€ for me on Steam and AFAIK it never was on sale.

Parsnip

I'm also not a fan of the new DuckTales designs, but I wasn't going to watch it either way so eh. Didn't watch a lot of the original show either.

Don Rosa the goat though.

So what password app are you all using? Are there any that work with Steam and other clients?
LastPass, but their FF add-on sucks I think so I'm actually thinking about trying some alternatives. Keeper and Dashlane were recommended to me elsewhere. Keepass is always a good open source solution, but it's a bit more to set up and stuff.

So I am new to PC gaming and I am looking for gaming recommendations. The specific ones I want to try are horror and survival horrors that were only released on PC. Any games worth playing ?
Might I recommend you check out SteanGAF goty lists?
Some years are better than others, but no doubt there are good games there. It's not necessarily full of horror stuff though, but if Dusk Golem voted you can be sure that there's some at least.

I don't remember if 2013 had a thread, but I'm pretty sure there was voting. It might have been contained in the regular Steam threads of that time.

Parsnip

With AC Origins looming, I should probably try to finish Rogue, Unity DLC as well as Syndicate. Oh and Freedom Cry, almost forgot that one.

Gotta get that sweet AC lore.

I'm playing through the original Prey (got it from that PlayAsia deal linked to in the last thread) and damn, why didn't anyone tell me this was so great?

It's a shame that the parties involved can't or won't relist it.

Mivey

It's a shame that the parties involved can't or won't relist it.
It reminds Bethesda that one potential victim managed to get away, seeing the name on their Steam transactions would be a constant reminder of the shame. Also, now that there is already a game with the same name, how would you even name it? Prey Classic? Prey: Native American, and then renaming the new one to Prey: Asian American? I guess that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom