• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Man, been a spending day. Rime, Starcraft: Remastered and now FIFA 18 (PS4). Decided on the console version since that's where I've been all years playing football. Although I'd imagine it being great on PC as well if I can browse the internet during halftime, substitutions and matchmaking.

Pixieking

Banned
Ah. I don't really get the point when one could just stop posting, but that's too hard I guess.

Some just want to get on with their lives, and having an account nuked helps them. One of the guys on the PoliGAF threads was so upset with Trump winning, he asked for his account to be terminated so he could just move on.

Pachimari

Yeah, no, pretty sure I'm refunding this game. Got told in my first match to get raped in the ear. Even CSGO doesn't start matches that way.
Don't let that desuade you. It's a truly great game. Just play with gaffers or other Reddit players. Join the discord and get in some great games. It can be such a comfy game, and even better when people communicate and strategize together.

Do NOT play with randoms in R6 Siege.

That can happen in literally any game with voice/text chat.

Yeah, I've been playing a lot of Golf with your Friends recently because hats and when connected to the American server it's mostly racist room names and trump fascism and European server is full of homophobic and misogynistic man-babies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some just want to get on with their lives, and having an account nuked helps them. One of the guys on the PoliGAF threads was so upset with Trump winning, he asked for his account to be terminated so he could just move on.

Yeah, but there's a difference between that and setting yourself up to go down in a blaze of glory for the sake of e-cred.

LawBreakers is pretty fun. It can suck when you get a team that behaves like most OW players and just ignore the objectives. Got 34:8 and we still lost D:

Yeah, no, pretty sure I'm refunding this game. Got told in my first match to get raped in the ear. Even CSGO doesn't start matches that way.

Yeah, I know that. But the game also seems extremely newbie unfriendly and I don't have time for that shit anyway.

You just described pretty much every FPS today.

R6S isnt even remotely as toxic as CSGO.

As I tell every newbie for R6S, please play through the situations first and maybe a terrorist hunt mission or two. Just so you get a basic understanding of the game. It will be less frustrating for you since you'll start to understand what operators you are comfortable with.

Or you can squad up to avoid potential toxic teammates. The R6S thread here has a discord I believe. Hell, I wouldnt might playing a match or two.

Pachimari

I've been playing R6 Siege since launch and is still fucking crap at it but people on the discord tolerate that no problem. You can get some great nights in there and some fun discussions with your team mates.

Oh and yeah this grind is gonna suck, so I'm definitely gonna just get it on sale if I ever return to it. Back to Rocket League.

Oh you got the Starter Edition? Yea, avoid that one. Just get the bundle or just the base game. With the situations (should take about 20min to finish), you should be able to unlock like 4 operators.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, but there's a difference between that and setting yourself up to go down in a blaze of glory for the sake of e-cred.

Yeah, that's true... Although, whoever thinks getting their account nuked is "going down in a blaze of glory" is a weirdo anyways. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
RH4WVuw.png

hollow knight is really intense, maybe too much for me. there's a harsh bleakness to it that makes me really anxious, like all these charming characters i'm meeting are all gonna go down some depressing dark souls character arc

not only that but having a lot of phobias regarding insects, this game really makes me squirm. it's nothing too bad, the art is beautiful but everything sends a chill down my spine, the sounds specially, but the way things move and look kind of freak me out a little bit

the game is really good tho, exploration feels really rewarding and i really enjoy the enemy types and boss fights and such, it's real fun

just wish it didn't trigger my phobias, even if it's not full of panic hehe

kagamin

Finished chapter 1 in Trails of Cold Steel since I had left that one incomplete on my Vita for the longest time since I wanted to wait for Trails in the Sky the 3rd, was well worth it though since I'm seeing some very slight connections already.

Pachimari

Oh and yeah this grind is gonna suck, so I'm definitely gonna just get it on sale if I ever return to it. Back to Rocket League.
You can easily unlock a bunch of operators without spending money on it. It's almost like you're not giving it a chance before returning it, and that you have already made up your mind that it's not worth it. Too bad. I do hope you'll eventually give it a chance during a sale. It's a great game.

RH4WVuw.png

hollow knight is really intense, maybe too much for me. there's a harsh bleakness to it that makes me really anxious, like all these charming characters i'm meeting are all gonna go down some depressing dark souls character arc

not only that but having a lot of phobias regarding insects, this game really makes me squirm. it's nothing too bad, the art is beautiful but everything sends a chill down my spine, the sounds specially, but the way things move and look kind of freak me out a little bit

the game is really good tho, exploration feels really rewarding and i really enjoy the enemy types and boss fights and such, it's real fun

just wish it didn't trigger my phobias, even if it's not full of panic hehe
It also has a shitty sewers segment just like Souls games.

data

Is it my monitor or is there really bad color banding on the steam library? never noticed this before on my TN monitor

How is 24" massive??
I went from 32" TV to 24" monitor few days ago and still can't get used to it. Everything is so tiny... XD

Were you using a TV ... as a monitor/primary screen?

Is it my monitor or is there really bad color banding on the steam library? never noticed this before on my TN monitor

The banding is pretty bad, yeah.

A good skin (like Pixelvision) makes it a bit better. It also helps if your screen is calibrated.

Pachimari

How do I know if my monitor is calibrated optimally? It seems like all my three monitors have different brightness, contrast levels etc.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How is FIFA generally on PC? Is the community big enough for just Online Seasons games? As I don't really play FUT that much. And can it be played in windowed fullscreen no problem?

It's decent. Lower playbase than consoles obviously, but you shouldn't find it too hard to find a game.

And yes, put it in windowed and then use a program like Borderless Windowed

EDIT: Ah, I see you got it on PS4. I've done the same for clubs with friends, PES on PC though.

One would think so because the drawing should work better with a mouse than with a analogue stick. But Capcom works in mysterious ways. Did the Resi VII VR mode made its way to PC yet?

I think the VR mode of REVII is exclusive on PS4 for a year, unless I'm misremembering it.

Pachimari

Fuck I'm gonna screeeeam if we get Okami on Steam.

It's decent. Lower playbase than consoles obviously, but you shouldn't find it too hard to find a game.

And yes, put it in windowed and then use a program like Borderless Windowed

EDIT: Ah, I see you got it on PS4. I've done the same for clubs with friends, PES on PC though.
Isn't there a borderless windowed setting in the game itself? I can never get the Borderless Windowed program to work with my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom