• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Holy fuck

this is going to top Dota isn't it?

it wouldn't surprise me at this point

------------------------------
edit:
oh top of the page, let me ad that again :D

qUrOAPM.png

RlirxuY.png

also nearing 7 million owners...

Speaking of, I saw the game is like 31€ or something on cdkeys and I'm thinking about it a bit more.

If Path of Exile didnt just come out with a new league I would definitely be more interested, but as it stands, there is just not enough time in the day.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fuck I'm gonna screeeeam if we get Okami on Steam.

Isn't there a borderless windowed setting in the game itself? I can never get the Borderless Windowed program to work with my games.

Not in 17, hopefully in 18 but EA are wankers tbh, cheaters run rampant in FUT

Durante

it wouldn't surprise me at this point

edit:
oh top of the page, let me ad that again :D

qUrOAPM.png

RlirxuY.png

also nearing 7 million owners...
It's just one of those dime-a-dozen unpolished streamer survival janky PC games though.

It doesn't really have an impact or move gaming forward. Not like The Last of Us 2 or Uncharted 5.

Tizoc

It's just one of those dime-a-dozen unpolished streamer survival janky PC games though.

It doesn't really have an impact or move gaming forward. Not like The Last of Us 2 or Uncharted 5.

Awww I was just gonna make a joke about 'The Last of Us 5ucks' :p

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

yep, clearly just the fad of the week... clearly

*sells skirt for 400€*

RH4WVuw.png

hollow knight is really intense, maybe too much for me. there's a harsh bleakness to it that makes me really anxious, like all these charming characters i'm meeting are all gonna go down some depressing dark souls character arc

not only that but having a lot of phobias regarding insects, this game really makes me squirm. it's nothing too bad, the art is beautiful but everything sends a chill down my spine, the sounds specially, but the way things move and look kind of freak me out a little bit

the game is really good tho, exploration feels really rewarding and i really enjoy the enemy types and boss fights and such, it's real fun

just wish it didn't trigger my phobias, even if it's not full of panic hehe
The NPCs do have Demon's/Dark Souls-like arcs, but but most can be shaped by the player.

I'm glad you were able to appreciate the game despite the phobias, and while I'd recommend trying to push on through, there's absolutely an area that would be hard to get through (
deepnest
). If you could get someone to play through that part for you, it'd be worth the trouble just to see the game through, but yeah.

Yeah, I love the narrative how only 3rd person cinematic AAA exclusives counts.

Went to the market to list Tacoma cards and found a couple which had zero buy orders globally. That made me look up the Steamspy numbers for the game and it seems like it has sold about 8000 copies in two weeks. That kind of feels like a bomba. I suppose one could be charitable and say that it has had a slow start but uh... it's a bomba. For reference, Pyre released one week earlier and has 65,000 sales. (EDIT - to be fair, that's literally the opposite end of the spectrum and counts as a smashing success. Not a particularly fair benchmark.)

I wonder if the bad vibes surrounding Gone Home are partially responsible for this. I don't think Tacoma is a very good game myself but it does have an 88% positive rating so it's not like the quality or perceived quality of the game is keeping buyers away. Maybe lots of people really do care about the dollars per hour metric that walking sims usually fall short on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Okami sure does luck out.
All these chances and it's never cleared 1 million even when all ports and games combined. Darkstalkers gets that specialty treatment too with all the guest appearances it gets .

img_1458sblta.png

yes its almost like the good games get multiple chances, and the trash gets left behind and forgotten by everyone except one crazy person

Jawmuncher

yes its almost like the good games get multiple chances, and the trash gets left behind and forgotten by everyone except one crazy person

Dino Crisis is a good game tho.
Plus that didn't stop capcom from porting DMC2

Then in Okamis case there's the whole good enough to get a port but not be in the base roster for MvC

All these chances and it's never cleared 1 million even when all ports and games combined. Darkstalkers gets that specialty treatment too with all the guest appearances it gets .

img_1458sblta.png

Your best chance is learning how to program, gather a team of other people so mucg passionated about DC as you and start a fan project. Capcom ust forgot that series even existed. D:

Even though I'm not really into competitive multiplayer, the draw of PUGB is getting very strong and GMG keep sending me those 27% vouchers as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a good God of War clone and is overall a good game. It has its flaws but is otherwise a decent game.

oh Castlevania, thought it was Lords of the Fallen for a second, my bad.

Tizoc

so it seems the next humble bundle is tomorrow?

I amnew to PC gaming, and hoping the next one is good so I can get some good games for cheap

Yes we SHOULD be getting a new one tomorrow, though sometimes Humble skip a week.
Note that we are approaching the end of Summer so there might be a summer sale on humble soon.

Yes we SHOULD be getting a new one tomorrow, though sometimes Humble skip a week.
Note that we are approaching the end of Summer so there might be a summer sale on humble soon.

how often do we have a bundle with decent games, real games not software for production? this week's bundle is more software related.

Tizoc

how often do we have a bundle with decent games, real games not software for production? this week's bundle is more software related.

Eh from time to time, one week you'll get a really great bundle, 2 weeks later you get a repeat bundle or a bundle with some decent games in them.

soundtest

Banned
there's 20 really good hours in Okami

the problem is the other 20-30 hours the game has that are completely unneeded and ruin what couldve been otherwise a perfect game

Mivey

I would presume that it is less about the success during release, and more about the suspected sales potential now, since it has become a cult hit of sorts.

If Okami HD doesn't come to PC, I'll hold you responsible for this Jawmuncher. And I'll actively sabotage any chance for Dino Crisis to ever get a release, except for mobile and as a PSX emulated game.

there's 20 really good hours in Okami

the problem is the other 20-30 hours the game has that are completely unneeded and ruin what couldve been otherwise a perfect game

Okami is one of the few games I really didn't mind when they threw some padding in there. Just enjoyed the world and combat system so much...any excuse to spend more time with it was fine by me.

Man this year is crazy. Good games are everywhere.

I'm kinda out of the loop. What are the highlights?

Sonic Mania reviews look good. Shame about the delay on PC but the game seems like the prefect nostalgia trip I'm looking for!

It does. Too bad I'll buy it at -75% off. And when I'm looking at the SteamDB; it seems the app isn't actively updated, save for store stuff. It obviously means to me they delayed it for a commercial reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom