• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of their 20th anniversary celebrations, Human Head Studios are going to be hosting a Rune developer stream on their Twitch channel at 16:00 CDT. Several people who worked on Rune will be there to provide a behind-the-scenes look at the development of the game, and will be there to answer questions from Twitch chat.

For those that don't remember Rune, I would recommend watching LGR's excellent video review.

DGUWSQYUMAImdXJ.jpg

There's also going to be an "exciting announcement" on August 29.

Hey this is thread worthy. Can I quote you???

It's now web and subscription-based (i.e. software as a service), though there are apps for mobile devices.

So in other words, if you subscribe to this, you'd need to include your You Need a Budget subscription in your budget? That's...I don't even know what to think about that. Seems a bit counter-intuitive. The budgeter's first order of business might be "how to do my own budgeting so I can cut You Need a Budget out of my budget."

"Will you stop saying 'budget' so much?"

Tizoc

For those of you with really low end PCs and Laptops: Try running DmC 2013 and see if you can get it to run smoothly with 60 FPS on your rigs.

Erekiddo

So in other words, if you subscribe to this, you'd need to include your You Need a Budget subscription in your budget? That's...I don't even know what to think about that. Seems a bit counter-intuitive. The budgeter's first order of business might be "how to do my own budgeting so I can cut You Need a Budget out of my budget."

"Will you stop saying 'budget' so much?"

budget

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I found it. It's not showing in my library through steampowered.com, but still in my actual client.

Weird.

Select removed games are stuck from the master app list used by the web API, which results in Steam Community treating them as unreleased titles in that they're no longer counted as owned or displayed on profiles. It's really quite strange.

Ascheroth

Well, I've just finished Trails of Cold Steel.

I've played way too much in way too little time, which, I guess, shows how much I enjoyed the game.
I need some time to process everything, but let me just say this:
God damn if Falcom aren't masters in build-up and set-up that slowly escalates and escalates until it culminates into an explosion of awesomeness that blasts your jaw to the ground while you scream internally (and externally) like a little child and then it's over and GIVE ME THAT SECOND GAME NOW.

Also, to Tonton:
I went with Laura. Just felt natural.

Tonton

I've played way too much in way too little time, which, I guess, shows how much I enjoyed the game.
God damn if Falcom aren't masters in build-up and set-up that slowly escalates and escalates until it culminates into an explosion of awesomeness that blasts your jaw to the ground while you scream internally (and externally) like a little child and then it's over and GIVE ME THAT SECOND GAME NOW.

Also, to Tonton:
The whole ending sequence is hype as fuck
I went with Crow actually
The final battle hit me hard
Decisive Collision best final boss theme

Ascheroth

The whole ending sequence is hype as fuck
I went with Crow actually
The final battle hit me hard
Decisive Collision best final boss theme
Crow was a close second. And yeah, that reveal sure was something. Hell, that ending sequence had so many crazy reveals.

gdt

I'm looking on the front page and see nothing,

Does anyone here have impressions on Paranormal Activity VR?

Did something that I never thought I'd do and bought No Mans Sky. The recent patch just sounded pretty great, lets see.

So ummm...

first it was loading the shaders, then I didn't realize for 5 minutes that I was supposed to press E in the initialize screen and then
6IAD9mkl.png

Everything is going worse than the expectations were

As part of their 20th anniversary celebrations, Human Head Studios are going to be hosting a Rune developer stream on their Twitch channel at 16:00 CDT. Several people who worked on Rune will be there to provide a behind-the-scenes look at the development of the game, and will be there to answer questions from Twitch chat.

For those that don't remember Rune, I would recommend watching LGR's excellent video review.

DGUWSQYUMAImdXJ.jpg

There's also going to be an "exciting announcement" on August 29.
Nice, so i guess they finally found publisher for Rune 2 and going to officially announce it? Concept art and prototypes that i saw in 2013 were great, it's about time to show something to public. I'm not insider, just hoping for best case scenario because it could be just simple port of original Rune on mobile devices or something like that, there is absolutely no indication that they'll show sequel they've been working on for last 4 years.

Mr. Tibbs

Nice, so i guess they finally found publisher for Rune 2 and going to officially announce it? Concept art and prototypes that i saw in 2013 were great, it's about time to show something to public. I'm not insider, just hoping for best case scenario because it could be just simple port of original Rune on mobile devices or something like that, there is absolutely no indication that they'll show sequel they've been working on for last 4 years.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Rune 2. I know at some point they were working on a Rune game for mobile and pitching a fully-fledged, open-world Rune sequel back in 2012, but their key guy at the publisher left and project fell apart without external funding.

Dec

My Steam client shows this by default now in my library:

"We've come up empty! Try clearing your search field or selecting another category from the dropdown above."

If I hover library and go to games or installed or favorites it works fine but its default state is just that error line.

Tizoc

It's super weird to me that Harley Quinn has turned in to some sort of anti-hero somehow.

She was an anti-hero before the Flashpoint reboot/whatever in the comics.
She was great in Gotham City Sirens. I personally like anti-hero harley, you could get some cool stories that way.

zkylon

zkylewd
You don't get the full map. He only partially maps each area, you fill in the rest.

I like the mechanic personally, i get excited every time I hear him humming.
i get more relieved than excited, missing out on the map feels real rough

i think it's the biggest issue i find i can raise at the game, the rest is superb, but sadly it's happened three or so times and exploring without the map feels really bad

sprinkles

Also, to Tonton:
Falcom surely has the best/worst cliffhangers. Tits FC to SC had even more impact than Cold Steel.

Also, to Tonton:

Good to see more people enjoying it, but let me just say CS1 is the weakest entry in the series. Wait till you play CS2!

Laura is the best.

Teggy

Well guess I did the right think not preordering Agents of Mayhem. I did preorder Mordor - hopefully that wasn't a mistake. It was a big discount at least.

Observer looks interesting, but perhaps I should try Layers of Fear first, which i already own.

AniHawk

Actually, speaking of Ys VIII does anyone know if NISA said something about the Silver Armor DLC on PC? I think they're offering it as a pre-order bonus but there's no Pre order on PC yet
Will we be able to just buy it?

I need it

well they announced it'll be free at launch for a limited time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom